It is particularly important to go into the ‘light’ during this time of year, when the sun sets earlier and earlier and we are less likely to get out.
Too little sun light can activate cravings for fatty, high-calorie foods like cakes, cookies and chips. Lack of sunlight reduces the brain’s production of serotonin, the mood-boosting brain chemical that not only helps us to feel happy but also suppresses food cravings and bingeing!
So … Open your drapes and blinds. If you work in a windowless office, take a power walk at lunchtime. Twenty minutes of sunlight a day should do it.
Join me as we KICK those dreary blues away, ward off cravings and bingeing. Walk on the sunny side of the street. Hooray! LIGHT!!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach, Author, Columnist and 50-pound big-time-loser.
Interested in one-on-one coaching? Write Janice for a free consult.
Want more information on how YOU CAN wake up THINNER on New Year’s Day? Christmas Diet
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #1 KILLER of Grand Plans, Great Schemes and Groovy Dreams!!!
- Puzzled? Who are the Semi-Unconscious Twins?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Warning–One Must Hard Boil Their Eggs Correctly!
- #OneWord Thursday: Say #YES to Love
- KICK in the TUSH TUESDAY: Fly High, Break Free, Be Happy
- Puzzled? How Heavy Is Your Mental Junk?
- Eat This – Totally Satisfying: Caramelized Onion Tart
- #OneWord Thursday: How to Illuminate this #NOW!
- Chewing the Fat: Quick Fixes? For or Against?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: An Experiment–Let’s Get Miserable!