As my mother loves to say, “Masticate your food!” She’s got great delivery, and always gets a laugh. And she’s got a point.
As we chew each mouthful at least 20-25 times, we break down the food into small particles for easy and efficient digestion AND we slow our pace.
It takes 20 minutes for your stomach and brain to fully communicate with each other. “Yup, you fed me and I am sated.” I’m betting you can do a lot of damage in those 20 minutes. I know, I sure can!
I invite you to join me today to:
1. Masticate your food well; chew 25-30 times with each mouthful.
2. Be present with your food; be one with your food!
3. Savor the flavor.
4. Slow down.
5. Be sated (vs. so full it’s uncomfortable).
Please let me know what masticating your food is like for you!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach, Author, Columnist and 50-pound big-time-loser.
Interested in one-on-one coaching? Write Janice for a free consult.
Want more information on how YOU CAN wake up THINNER on New Year’s Day? Christmas Diet
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season
- How Can You Recharge Your Tired Self During the Holiday Season?