GO CRAZY! It’s Your Life, is it not?
Create It the Way You Want it – Off-the-Menu Salad!
This beliefnet blogger has been on the road, promoting the best Permanent Fat Removal book ever (if you LOSE it; you will FIND it) – All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville … and I’ve got to say, eating on the road is easy! Not because the menu that the restaurants and hotels offer are fully loaded with low-cal, low-fat choices! Far from it! It’s easy, because I got creative and found a new way to order!
Here’s how you can ORDER off the MENU!
1. Read the menu. Note the ingredients used in the various dishes offered.
2. Make a list of what ingredients work for you (mental list or on paper).
3. Then, put the ingredients together in a new way.
4. If they say, “Oh, that’s not on the menu.” … You can reply, “Oh sure, it is.”
Here follows the best salad I ever that I created!!! As Our Lady of Weight Loss says, “You can order off the menu in a restaurant, as well as life.” If what’s offered doesn’t work for you, tweak it, change it, create it. It’s YOUR life!
It’s YOUR Life Salad!
Ingredients: arugula lettuce, chick peas, roasted beets (yellow), nicoise olives, feta cheese (a sprinkling), mandarin orange slices, 3 ounces of seared fresh Tuna steak.
Instructions: Place layer of arugula lettuce on your plate. Then add yellow roasted beets (slices), a few nicoise olives (pitless), a sprinkling of feta-cheese (one or two ounces tops), a 1/4 to 1/2 cup chick peas, mandarin orange slices (6 from the can; wash off or pat off the syrup) and a few slices of freshly seared tuna steak.
Note: There’s so much delish taste from the mix of foods, in particular the feta cheese, that there is absolutely no need for salad dressing. And you’ve just saved hundreds and hundreds of calories! BRAVO!
Spread the word (NOT the icing)!
Share your best recipes, dish the dirt and slim down while you laugh it up … join the Kick in the Tush Club community!
Hungry for Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Daily Feed? Sign-up to your right (side bar).
More about Janice.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Puzzled? The 3-Tiered Curiously Charismatic Cupcake
- Eat This: Lose Weight — Back-On-the Bandwagon Baked Beans
- #OneWord Thursday: #Loss – Letting Go Is the Lesson
- What Happens If You Don’t Have Loving Parents?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are You a Food Victim?
- #Puzzled? No Need to Shoot!
- Prickly Prayer: Dear Our Lady of the Hair Trigger?
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Quotes – Fear Builds Walls Instead of #Bridges
- Creative Bridge Building: 2 Steps from Dreams to Reality
- #KickTush: 5 Happy Steps – Smile and The Scales Of Injustice Will Smile with You?