I’m STUCK, SWIMMING, DROWNING in My DRAMA and I CAN’T GET UP.
from Janice Taylor, Life & Wellness Coach and Beliefnet Blogger.
Dear Our Lady of Weight Loss (and Janice), I am OUT of CONTROL. Honestly … OUT OF CONTROL. I did lose 21 pounds some time ago but have gained nearly all of those 21 pounds back. I Have NO CONTROL. I eat whatever, whenever. Please HELP! ~ Jess C.
Dear Jess, In order to permanently remove excess weight we need to change our internal landscape (I don’t mean move your stomach to a new location).
1. Watch and become aware of your language. If you say, “I am OUT of CONTROL,” you are out of control and reinforcing that belief.
2. Let go of ‘the WHY of it’. Asking WHY questions … “Why am I doing this?” “Why me?” may well yield an answer, but not necessarily a strategy to effect change.
3. Ask yourself, “WHAT can I do to move forward?” And then ask yourself “What else can I do? What else? What else?” Make a list of ten actions that can and will move your forward.
4. Stay out of the DRAMA. When you hear yourself saying “The problem is …” watch out! Your drama is fast approaching.
“The problem is that I can’t find a job, because I can’t buy a suit, because I don’t have the money, because my husband left me and took the piggy bank with him, because he was a misery … ” Got it? DRAMA drains our energy and moves us away from implementing positive change.
5. And finally for Jess and anyone out there who thinks that they are out of control … If there is no food in your mouth right now – you are back in control. If there is food in your mouth … spit it out … and you are back in control.
Spread the word (NOT the icing!),
For more deep thinking, fun and games visit the Kick in the Tush Club community.
Hungry for insights? Desperate to move forward? … pick up a copy of All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville
Pat Farnack, WCBS 880 radio said that I was “profound.”
O, The Oprah Magazine proclaimed me a “kooky genius.”
And the Chicago Herald said that I may seem … “one French fry short of a Happy Meal, but when you think about what she’s saying it begins to make sense.”
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Click Yourself THINNISH: How to Melt Fat Fast !!!
- Miracle Cure: The Freeze Your Ass Off Diet
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: “How specifically?”
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Sugar Addict?
- Puzzled? Be a Foto-Food Journalist! Lose Weight!
- #OneWord Thursday: Ready Set #Focus
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: What’s important to you?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: What Is Letting Go? AND … how tight is your grip?
- Puzzled? Chew on Buddha’s Words?
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: How will losing weight affect…all things NOT you?