I do believe that a great many of us have a deep-seated belief that in order to permanently remove excess weight we need to suffer. I am here to assure you that Permanent Fat Removal does not equal suffering!
How did I come to this conclusion that y’all think you need to suffer?
Because you write me (thank you – keep them cards and notes a comin’), and you make ‘declarations of suffering’.
“I am suffering.” “I suffer.” “It is soooo difficult to lose weight (more suffering).” “I suffer with my . . . “ “I have suffered with weight loss my entire life.” “It is impossible …” “I never …” “I can’t …” Platterfuls of suffering!
Now listen up girls and boys. I’m not going to tell you that permanent fat removal is easy – primarily because you’ll be plenty peeved at me – but I am going to tell you that it is as difficult as you make it.
So … returning to the original premise that you have a deep seated belief in your tush that needs kickin that you must suffer, I am here to tell you that the ‘no pain, no gain’ aspect of permanent fat removal is not only an inaccurate belief, it is also counter- productive.
Whatever your suffering beliefs, they are optional. Your choice. Not necessary. Give it up!
Get the ‘mind-clearing eraser’ out and wipe the ‘suffering slate’ clean! Suffering has a less-than-desirable effect on our minds, hearts, reality and WEIGHT!
Leave the suffering at the door (or in the comment box below). No point in dragging it with you throughout the day. It will surely weigh you down.
Join the Kick in the Tush Club community and discuss!
Spread the word (NOT the icing!),
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- How to EAT (until sated), DRINK (in moderation), and BE GRATEFUL (in excess).
- Cellulite Barbie Has Arrived and she loves her inner chubby child?
- Thanksgiving Food News: THE TOP 20 U.S. STATES THAT LOVE GREEN-BEAN CASSEROLE
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich