It’s been an eventful week here at the blog, thanks to the naughty words and romance novels and worship discussion. Which is a weird combination of things, starting the week with pee-poop-panties and ending it with a more serious topic. Anyway, thanks to those of you who participated in all the worship-related conversation. It was fun.
Now, some random stuff for your weekend.
1. Back in August, I did an interview with the gang at Rethink Monthly about my Pocket Guide books, which also ended up discussing the whole Michael Jackson/Heaven/Daily Beast brouhaha and, for some odd reason, Sasquatch. Which is to say, it was an entertaining conversation. If you want to know about the idea behind the Pocket Guides and my thoughts on making readers mad, then give it a listen. (Not sure why the podcast has just now hit the airwaves.)
2. Discovered this week the awesomeness of My Life is Average. You need to discover it, too. Sample entry: Yesterday when I went into the bathroom stall, written on the wall beside me was,”If you watch jaws backwards its about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach.” I laughed hysterically in the stall. I hope nobody heard. MLIA
3. This week featured the rise and fall (but possible resurrection?) of ChristianChirp, a Twitter alternative for Christians. I’m hoping most of my readers will realize how silly the idea is. If not, you should read Kevin Hendricks’ recap of it. Good one, Kevin. Bad one, Christian Chirp.
4. Leave it to Internet Monk to write one of the best seize-the-day posts I’ve ever read, without actually using any clichéd carpe diem language. “There’s always a day before.” Devastating and inspiring. Live this weekend and be glad in it.
6. Speaking of that, have you purchase Pocket Guide to the Afterlife, Pocket Guide to the Bible, or Pocket Guide to Sainthood yet? You should. Then you should review it on Amazon. But don’t take my word for it. Take Nicole Wick’s.
I’m out. Have a good weekend. See you next week.