O Me of Little Faith

O Me of Little Faith

Who Are You?

posted by Jason Boyett

Welcome to jasonboyett.com. Due to recent linkage from Church Marketing Sucks and a few other places, we’ve had quite a few new readers stop by over the last few days. Thanks to Feedburner, I know how many people visit this blog each day, and from what city, and via which browser, but I don’t actually know who you are. There are no names (unless you comment). And definitely no faces (unless you comment with an avatar).

Only disembodied cities: Philadelphia, Colorado Springs, Los Angeles, Narberth (!)

So…let’s get to know one another. If you are so inclined, leave a comment with your name and your location and any other information you think we should know.

(If you’ve never commented before, it’s pretty easy. You can sign in with OpenID, which means if you have a Blogger, WordPress, LiveJournal, or AIM identity you can use that. Or you can sign in quick and easy with the “anonymous” option. All you have to do is type in the occasionally tricky word verification thing. This keeps the riff-raff out.)

Jason Boyett

posted April 23, 2008 at 3:12 pm

I’ll go first.My name is Jason Boyett. I live in Amarillo, Texas, which is primarily known as a good place to stop for the night while traveling along Interstate 40.This is my blog.I can do a back flip on a trampoline.

Arminius

posted April 23, 2008 at 3:46 pm

I’m Erik GermesinI live in Lompoc, California. It’s where the sewer and the fog meets the ocean.Beautiful I swear.You can link to my blog. But it’s not a funny as Jasons.I can… uhh… post to blogs at work?

posted April 23, 2008 at 5:16 pm

My name is Micha Hohorst. I live in Ardmore, Pennsylvania. And I’m really interested to know if any of you readers out there live in Narberth, as Jason discovered. That’s right next door to me! Or does the internet think I live in Narberth???

rf

posted April 23, 2008 at 8:29 pm

I’m Robert Fortner. I live in the great megalopolis of Greenville, SC. State Motto: “Hey, at least we’re not Mississippi!”This is not my blog, but I like this one better than mine.I sent Herman a dollar.

Kevin D. Hendricks

posted April 23, 2008 at 9:23 pm

I’m Kevin Hendricks. I live in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. We rock the public art.I can claim credit for sending the Church Marketing Sucks traffic Jason’s way.

posted April 23, 2008 at 10:28 pm

My name is Kyle King and i live in Wentzville, Missouri. i check out this blog almost daily and ive read your Pocket Guide to the Bible book and when i get some more money i plan on buying more books you have authored.

Travis Thompson

posted April 23, 2008 at 10:36 pm

My name is Travis Thompson, I live in Des Moines WA. I got here from Relevantmagazine.com.I have a wife and a 1 year old. I can do a backflip on the ground… (consider yourself one up’d JB)

Bryan Allain

posted April 24, 2008 at 7:50 am

my name is bryan allain. I live in Intercourse, PA. No really, I do. I not only have a personal blog, but i have a sports/faith blog that jason occasionally contributes to.i can do a backflip underwater.

beefy

posted April 24, 2008 at 7:57 am

brian ferry from Cincinnati here. Jason…love your books & articles, they are some of the few that acutually make me guffaw. Out loud. As if a guffaw could be otherwise…But my guffaws make my wife laugh and we love it. I love my wife & 2 little girls, play a little music, work with students @ a church, am working on a Masters Degree in my “spare time” and carry a blog: http://www.theferryblog.blogspot.com

Matt

posted April 24, 2008 at 10:29 am

I arrived here in the most recent leg of a journey that has included creating an acclaimed 1990 film adaptation of Moby Dick with Jason in his backyard. My name is Matt Gulde, and I’m a lawyer working in Chicago.

mission2540

posted April 24, 2008 at 11:53 am

I’m Brooks, Jason’s brother, and I read this blog out of family duty, even though I live in the same town as he does and could talk to him face to face about Earth Day, Episcopalians, or Asteroids, if I so desire. And I was the videographer as well as whale hunter #3 in the famed Moby Dick adaptation.

Jason Boyett

posted April 24, 2008 at 11:58 am

For the record, Matt played Captain Ahab in the Moby Dick video. I played Ishmael. A fresh trout from Albertson’s, painted white with shoe polish, played the great whale.I’m surprised that video hasn’t shown up on YouTube yet. Patience, friends.

Jeremy

posted April 24, 2008 at 4:15 pm

I’m Jeremy Powell comin’ to you live from Lincoln, Nebraska. There really is more to Nebraska than just cornfields, honest. And luckily, Colorado mountains are just a 6(ish) hour drive away.

Bo Lane

posted April 24, 2008 at 10:53 pm

I’m Bo Lane. I live in Salem, the capitol city of Oregon (but I’m sure most don’t realize that). I’m not that cool. I am host of a syndicated Christian talk radio show. Yes there still is such thing as a radio. Like I said, I’m not that cool and I have a wannabe blog, aptly titled http://www.wannabeblog.com.That’s about it.Oh yeah. I can’t do backflips.

Ken

posted April 25, 2008 at 2:45 pm

I’m Ken from Delaware – State Motto: “At least we’re not New Jersey” – I found out about Jason through Relevant and I’ve guffawed through his Pocket Guides (Bible & Apocalypse)Um, I try not to do back-flips.Oh, and my in-laws live near Intercourse, PA – so I probably drive right by Bryan on a regular basis (I’ll wave next time).

beth

posted April 26, 2008 at 12:39 am

My name is Beth Hyde and I’m from Macon, Georgia. (I’m pretty sure none of you have ever heard of it…haha!) I’m in school right now, studying to be an Environmental Engineer.I actually got to your site in a really weird way… searching for guitar tabs on Google –> Random blog –> Church Marketing Sucks –> You. So far I really like it! It is so refreshing to have the Spirit confirm things that have been moving in my heart. So, thanks! I look forward to keeping up with what you’ve got to say.

Cor

posted April 27, 2008 at 6:05 am

Ha. I’m Cor from the Netherlands..Occasionally I live in NC though, studying to be a missionary. Well. When I’m not in the Netherlands that is.I can bake a pretty good German Chocolate Cake. From scratch. Yep. I really like this blog.

Josh

posted April 27, 2008 at 3:32 pm

My name is Josh Roberts. I live in the greater Los Angeles area. I’m a church planter, legal marketer, and born-again blogger (I recently started blogging again) at: joshinthe818.

Chris Chowdhury

posted May 1, 2008 at 7:44 pm

I’m Chris Chowdhury.I live near Toledo, Ohio but will soon be moving into beautiful Detroit, Michigan on the greatest adventure of my life. I also work in marketing, loving blogging, and have two awesome kids and one beautiful wife.

rickyg

posted May 6, 2008 at 9:44 pm

My name is Ricky G. I live in Amarillo, Tx. I am a youth/music pastor at a local church. I love my church but can’t stand getting paid for what I do. Amarillo sunsets are the best. They seem to burn away all the crap I did wrong that day. I have a blog…I think.My BF in 2nd grade smelled of crackers, saltine crackers that is…

nora

posted May 12, 2008 at 9:48 am

I’m Nora. I live in West Africa helping people hear God’s story in their heart language.I have a blog.I can kill a chicken if I absolutely have to, but I’d rather open a can of tuna.

Jennifer Schuchmann

posted May 14, 2008 at 9:49 am

I’m Jennifer from Marietta, GA home of the Big Chicken (search Google images to see it) and I just stopped by to read your MPT interview. Makes me want to read more of your writing. I blog irregularly and I write regularly. My new book is “Six Prayers God Always Answers* Results May Vary.”I’ll be back…

Jonny McCormick

posted May 15, 2008 at 10:59 am

my name is Jonny McCormick, and Belfast, Northern Ireland is where I call home, and where I love, but at the moment I am studying in a little village called Mattersey in South Yorkshire England, and I spend about 8 month a year here, and also spend 3 months a year in Toronto, Canada.I have a blog called Fuzzy Orthodoxy, I try to blog regularly, but with being a student it’s not always feasible, and with Global warming affecting the UK with lots of sunshine, not always top priority, But seriously I do try at least 5 posts a week.I have a gold fish…..i think….its in Ireland and I havent seen it months….Mom if you’re reading this check Frankie is ok….

Haley Ballast

posted May 16, 2008 at 4:01 pm

I’m Haley Ballast and I live in Seattle, WA. I am raising two boys (so far) and teaching families how to use sign language with babies & toddlers.

Amy W

posted May 16, 2008 at 8:49 pm

My name is Amy White. I live in Hartville, OH which is a small dot on the map!

posted May 17, 2008 at 8:21 am

hi, I’m Jordan.Jordan Alexander MacDougall Ethridge.I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. Fredericton was mentioned once in one of David Letterman’s top ten lists about best college party cities or something like that. Fredericton is great, but i’m not much of a party guy.I like ice cream and longboarding.

kfgrijr

posted May 21, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Hi, I’m Jim Griffin. I live in Farmington, New Mexico (Motto: Hey, at least we can see Colorado from here). I’m an IT wanker for a coal mining company, play music in church when they’ll let me, and have a few thousand photos of trains and such out on the web. Really. But I’m too busy to blog, so I read blogs written by bloggers who have time for… blogging.

Andrew

posted May 24, 2008 at 4:53 pm

Hello there.I’m Andrew and I’ve been taught by my parents to not say my last name.I live in North Bay, Ontario, Canada. Far away from all of you. :)I’m a good clarinet player and I taught myself how to play the piano.Aspiring english teacher.I need a book to read. And since books like Twillight have come out, nobody can give me good suggestions for books.LONG STORY SHORT, I went to Amazon and got here.

spiritofmumbling

posted May 31, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Amber here, from South Carolina.No back flips or other physically amazing feats.Artsy nerd of the literary sort.I’m a blogger (like the rest of the world) http://www.spiritofmumbling.wordpress.com

AbiSomeone

posted June 1, 2008 at 7:34 pm

My name is Peggy Brown. I live in Vancouver (not B.C.) Washington (not D.C.) — just an hour up the 5 from Bo in Salem and three hours down the 5 from Haley in Seattle. Hey, y’all!I found my way here from Jesus Creed, where I spend waaaay too much time at the old “One T”. I can be found blogging as The Virtual Abbess, when time (read: my three sons: 13, 9 & 7) allows!Four decades ago, when I was around the age of my children, I could put both of my feet behind my head. Never could do back flips, though. Poor arch in my back. My 13 year old is having trouble in high jump for inheriting that maternal arch … gotta take the good genes with the bad, son! ;^)…if I add another blog to my Google Reader I may overload, but I might have to try, Jason!

posted June 28, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Howdy. My name is Kent Roberts. I think I found your site through TrueU. I’ve never done a back-flip on purpose. Some accidents have occurred, however.I’ve been to Intercourse, PA. Those frisky Amish!If memory serves, Larry McMurtry once described Amarillo, Lubbock and Wichita Falls as the *ugly sisters* of the Texas plains. I’ve lived in all of them. I liked all of them. I know many people find the area unattractive. I think the plains are beautiful.I have also lived in Abilene, Texas (I’m not sure why Abilene didn’t make the ugly sister list – maybe it qualified as a moderately attractive sister). I went to college at Abilene Christian U. While there, I was friends with only one person who didn’t grow up in the Church of Christ (the church with whom the school is affiliated). She was from Amarillo. I married her.Her mom used to be on staff at Paramount Terrace Christian Church. We were married in their sanctuary. Musical instruments were used. I feared Hell’s wrath (the Church of Christ permits a cappella music only). I believe your church recently swallowed PTCC’s former building like Pacman.You might include the Church of Christ on your next tour of denominations. Or, you might not. Depending on which one you pick, they’re usually like a slightly dour Southern Baptist congregation without a piano, or a blue collar Mainline denomination with a smaller vocabulary (and fewer Lexii). I spent my first 10 years after college in Nashville (trying) to play music (I got over the instrumental music issue). I toured with Rich Mullins. I liked Rich Mullins. I hated touring. I mowed Amy Grant’s yard and cleaned horse manure from her barn. Her horse’s manure smelled just like other people’s horse’s manure!We had a daughter. I had to get a real job. I discerned that I didn’t know how to do anything well but read and talk. So I went to law school.We moved back to west Texas, to Lubbock, so I could go to law school at Texas Tech. Our first night there, the wind howled over the Llano Estacado at 60 miles per hour, and hauntingly moaned through the edges of our hotel window. My wife Lori grew up with this wind; she feared moving back to the Panhandle, and she cried into her pillow (she dearly missed the trees and hills in Tennessee). I think I cried, too. Before school started I worked as a security guard in the morgue at the Texas Tech medical school. I saw dead people.After graduation, I took a job in Amarillo, at one of the biggest, oldest downtown law firms. Much pressure. I couldn’t sleep. I developed weird rashes, and parts of my face would spontaneously swell with hives. I failed the bar exam and lost my job.I was very relieved.I spent a day at Palo Duro Canyon, fasting and praying about what to do next. I sat beneath the Lighthouse rock formation. I became hungry and kind of dizzy. I didn’t get any immediate answers, but it was a good day with God.We moved to Montana (longer story). I’m now a lawyer in Little Rock, Arkansas. I’m bald, and I, too, dislike toupees (especially on preachers and Christian musicians). But I understand them. We all hide. I run marathons very slowly. I still believe in God. I loathe abortion, but I like Obama. I’m not sure what to do about that. I don’t think I’m a good Republican anymore. I commute by bicycle to work. I want to buy a used Prius for my wife. I read Frederick Buechner a lot now. I’m shopping for a passive solar water heater. I’m not sure why I just wrote my autobiography on your website, but it was fun. I like your writing, and it inspired me. I like your blog.

posted July 21, 2008 at 2:19 am

Hi there!I’m Roma. I live in St Albert, Alberta, Canada. No, I don’t know Andrew from North Bay, Ontario or Jordan from Fredericton, NB, but I do live in an igloo. And my dog sled takes me to the university everyday. I’m training to become a lumberjack and a fur trader. I say “eh” a lot and I’m bookmarking this page. :)

Gregory Nelson

posted July 28, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Hey!I’m Greg Nelson from Sacramento, CA. Yes, the Capital of California and no I don’t know any movie stars… actually my half great uncle… seriously! I found the Pocket Guide through Relevant Magazine.I have three kids, ages 6,7 and 10. We all like doing back flips on the trampoline too. Oh, and I’m happily married. (Thanks for the reminder babe)

Erik

posted August 27, 2008 at 7:20 pm

I'll go 35th, I suppose.My name is Erik Anderson. I live in Vancouver, WA. We have aptly nicknamed it "The Couve". It is just a stone's throw from Portland, OR. I am a care & recovery pastor at a nice lil church called Living Hope Church.This is Jason's blog. Mine is elsewhere on the internet. If you are feeling adventurous, I'm sure you can find it.I can help you survive a zombie outbreak.

Felicity

posted August 28, 2008 at 11:21 am

Hi, I’m Felicity. Few people have ever forgotten my name and, thanks to the tv show, everyone knows how to spell it now, too. I found Jason’s blog through Relevant. I write some for the sister site, Radiant. I actually had a feature scheduled for their Winter 2008 issue. The last print issue turned out to be Fall 2007. My article never saw the light of day and I’m not quite over it yet. I’m a full-time teacher, a full-time student, a wife, and a mom to 4 (plus the dog). I don’t have time for blogs, but I do it anyway.I was born a Christian (joke, I’m joking) and it stuck.

squarepegintoaroundhole

posted August 29, 2008 at 6:26 pm

I'm Kathy, and we live in Omaha, NE. I'll second Jeremy from Lincon — NE is awesome! Don't knock it til you've tried it. Not sure how I found your blog – clicking one day on people's blogrolls, from one to the next. Kinda like driving aimlessly around town til you realize Wow, I don't know how I got here, but I like it! (and with blogs you don't have to figure out how to get home again :-) My blog is mainly about books & my ponderings on church history, practice, and how to live an extraordinary christian life in the ordinary 'burbs.

suz

posted September 4, 2008 at 4:49 pm

I’m Suz, and I hail from Chicagoland. I can screech like a monkey. Quite convincingly.

Angela Hart

posted October 2, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Jason,I just found your blog and I LOVE it! I’m Angela from Nashvegas and I always love it when I sleuth out a funny (which is an oceans difference from silly) Christian that is ALSO a good, jargon-free writer. So double score! I’m going to add you to my blog roll. I’ll be back, stalking your blog, I promise. :)

Jeff Goins

posted October 4, 2008 at 7:48 pm

My name is Jeff Goins. I think I first heard about you thru Relevant but found your blog link via Matthew Paul Turner.I live in Nashville, TN, but have spent most of my life in IL, where there’s a lot of corn.I work for Adventures In Missions (www.adventures.org) as the Director of Marketing and probably blog when I should be working, but that’s what happens when the boss let’s you work out of your apartment.I once tried to get into the Guinness Book of World Records for “longest rubberband-fling.” I still haven’t heard back from them… what’s THAT all about?

Jen

posted October 4, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Hi, my name is Jen. (“Hiiii Jennnnn…!”) I’ve been reading for a while, but I never answered the “Who Are You?” thread. (Bad Jen!) I’m not really sure how I got here, but I lurk and randomly poke a comment of my own here and there. I live in lovely, sunny Florida, somewhere near Orlando. (Home of Relevant Magazine, which, come to think of it, is probably how I got to this blog :)) I do radio production stuff for a living, and write for fun. My semi-frequent bloggings can be found at http://divinest-sense.blogspot.com.This blog makes me lol. :)

nickflight

posted October 5, 2008 at 7:36 am

My name is Nick and I live with my wife in Launceston, Tasmania (which is the island state at the bottom of Australia). I love this blog and subscribe and occasional refer friends to it. I heard about Jason through the books and through Relevant.I work with people with disabilities. I have some hobbies, but no real special talents. I write some thoughts down on my blog, from time to time, but it isn’t as good as this one. The address is http://www.nickflight.blogspot.comI enjoy writing, film, creativity, long walks on the beach, Dr. Peppers and other things as well

jason

posted October 5, 2008 at 4:38 pm

I’m (yet another) Jason. I live with my wife, our two humanly named pets (Frank the Cat and Molly the Dog) and our soon-to-be sister-in-law will be joining us in Richmond Hts (Cleveland), OH shortly. I occassionally preach and spend much of my time trying to convince my uber-liberal classmates (finishing my lit degree after a 6 year hiatus) that all christians are not a) ridiculously conservative and b)argumentative/judgemental bastards.Thanks for the help!

cara

posted October 6, 2008 at 9:27 am

I’m Cara. Jason and I went to high school together, and he was brilliant then, too. I think we’d agree on a few infamous English teachers who contributed to where each of us is today! (wink, wink!)

clarissa

posted October 6, 2008 at 11:52 pm

I’m Clarissa Hogue. I live in San Jose, Cally. I am married with one child.I love reading. You have a great blog…..I often consider starting one.

david mac

posted October 14, 2008 at 2:44 pm

My name is David Macomber from Cape May, New Jersey, which is known as a small drinking town with a fishing problem. I swung by from “JesusNeedsNewPR” and I think I may become a regular reader. ps. I’ve stayed in Amarillo twice while driving crossed country.

Carrie

posted October 15, 2008 at 10:13 am

Ahh, I stumbled upon your blog through Matthew Turner’s. I have a feeling I need to wait until I’m out of work to read up on your writings, as I’ve found your page a bit interesting. Carrie Fife, native of Florida, reside in Jacksonville, beachside of town. Sure you’ll hear from me often.

posted October 16, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Howdy folksMy name is John Armstrong from Fort Worth, Texas. My journey to Jason began in the Rabbit Room (great site run by Andrew Peterson). I was reading an album review by Steven Lamb so I went to his blog where he reviewed Churched which contained a link to Amazon which referenced your blog. Do I win for most round-about path? I enjoy humor that as MPT says “points out the irony and/or hypocrisy within religion.” Anyone familiar with “The Wittenburg Door”?I love candy corn. I know that doesn’t qualify as a special talent but I am eating them as I write this.

Bunk

posted October 19, 2008 at 6:49 pm

My name is Bunk and I am a full time barista and online content creator.I live in the dirty South and honestly could take down any Starbucks barista in a latte art contest on any given day.I also like weird music that most other people wouldnt give the time of day.

Jonna

posted October 20, 2008 at 8:27 am

My name is Jonna and I went to high school with you. YOU ROCK!!-love your writing–very engaging. so glad to find your blog…..found it through Cara’s.

Hermes

posted November 20, 2008 at 1:55 am

My name is Hermes HP. I live in Coral Gables, which is an autonomous city engulfed within the more voracious– and only slightly better known– Miami.I happened upon Jason while watching a History International show on the Garden of Eden and seeing, to my relief, one of its commentators who wasn’t as old as the subject matter itself– as is usually the case with the History Channel. Why they feel compelled to employ experts who always look like they were there as it happened, I’ll never know. And they wonder why they can’t entice younger audiences? Anyway, so there was Jason on TV, and along with his name, it said he was the author of “The Pocket Guide to the Bible”. I Googled him as I was watching, and the rest is… well, history.

Wayne MacKirdy

posted November 21, 2008 at 1:27 pm

My name is Wayne MacKirdy. I live in Colorado Springs, CO, so I see the mountains every day. I am a retired Army Chaplain, and I teach Biblical Worldview classes to home schooled high schoolers, and at the Air Force Academy Prep School. I develop computer business applications (read tent-making), but my passion is working with high school and college kids.I have just recently begun working with Youth Transition Network.I just left a voice mail with Summit Ministries recommending they talk to you refugees from TrueU.

Eric Castillo

posted November 27, 2008 at 10:11 am

ok, ok. since i’ve been visiting this blog religiously for a few months and i finally bought a signed copy of pocket guide to the bible, i best introduce myself…my name is eric. i live in albuquerque, nm although in just over a month i’ll be living in enid, oklahoma to pursue music.this is my blog:ericcastillo.blogspot.com

davidpeck

posted December 2, 2008 at 12:13 pm

I’m David Peck, and I just started reading the blog because Matthew paul Turner told me to and I always do everything Matthew tells me to do which has gotten me into some weird pyramid and Ponzi schemes but oh well at least he turned me on to Jason Boyett’s blog, and since I enjoyed Jason’s pocket guides to the Bible and adulthood, that really isn’t a bad thing is it?Ok. I’m manage the computer sales department at the Cornell University bookstore. I’m also a youth pastor, worship leader and songwriter. I’ve got a gorgeous wife and two cute redheaded kids.I love the fact that the Google word verification I have to enter it bultless, which, incidentally, might be a good name for a band. Well a shortlived heavy groove band that broke up in the 90s.

Kendall

posted December 2, 2008 at 10:27 pm

I’m Kendall Potter and I live in Charlotte, NC (the most churched city in the Country, woo hoo!) where I am a student a Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. I wish Jason taught there. I am very sarcastic about Christianity and Jason makes me feel like that is okay. I like my husband, my dog, vanilla ice cream and hope to one day write awesome articles and take over the Pocket Book empire.

posted December 23, 2008 at 10:15 am

My name is Rebekah Cook.I live in Weatherford, tx, THE cutting horse capital of the world. I can do a backflip on the ground while holding two dachshunds.

posted December 27, 2008 at 10:55 pm

Hi, my name is Graeme (graham) bloodworth from the teaming metropolis of Quitman Texas! pop: 2030. just finished reading “A Guys Guide to Life” and i gotta say i couldnt put it donw. Major Kudos on the work so far , and keep pumping those kinds of books out.

Matt @ The Church of No People

posted January 2, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Hey, my name is Matt, and I’m from Kansas City, MO. I stumbled on this blog not knowing who Jason is, but I bought my wife his Pocket Guide to Adulthood, which was pretty sweet.I write the blog thechurchofnopeople.com

Dale

posted January 6, 2009 at 6:52 pm

I’m Dale (but a girl) from Kansas, and I’m studying to be an elementary education teacher.After TrueU stopped, they sent me in this direction.

trace

posted January 20, 2009 at 5:10 pm

i am trace (nevad) taylor. i live in lindsborg, kansas, which is primarily known as “Little Sweden.” i came to this blog after maybe 28 years of knowing its author through his friendship with my brother. i have purchased, read and gifted many of his books. i enjoy his perspective as well as the way he uses humor to communicate truth in his blog (and other writings) in a way in which the gravity is not lost. i can accomplish no feats of physical agility.

anyone ordinary

posted January 25, 2009 at 8:47 pm

My name is Jemima (no, I am not an aunt-yet; yes, I like pancakes). I live in Boston (well, Somerville, which is also know as Slummerville-no explaination necesary, right?). I came to your blog from BuyShoesSaveLives-I worked with Jeremy in Iraq. Your blog has me laughing wicked hard so I thought I would introduce myself. Been to Amarillo a lot (my grandma lives in Guymon, OK and, well, Amarillo was were we went to have fun (wonderland park, target, etc). Went to ACU (got some bad PR on your blog–but as I am an ex-C of C-er I won’t complain too much). Move to Boston to study dead languages (decided I like live ones better–they are much warmer). Ended up in Iraq for 10 months learning a “live” language and loving people. Returned to Boston to study nursing so I can go back abroad. I once jumped on a trampoline while eating really bad fresh chicharron (wouldn’t recommend combining those activities–it wasn’t pretty). have my own blog–not nearly as interesting/funny as yours.

Kathy

posted January 30, 2009 at 7:29 am

My name is Kathy Detweiler.I’m living in Mission,Texas at the moment. My husband and I live full time in a fifth wheel that we pull with a Kenworth.

Nick the Geek

posted January 30, 2009 at 8:44 am

I’m Nick the Geek, I hail from (censored). Seriously I play at being anonymous but I don’t take it seriously enough to really keep my identity secret, I just put my glasses on, fix my hair, and hope no one is smarter than your average rock.

Harry-Rami Itie

posted January 30, 2009 at 9:02 am

My name is Harry Itie. I live in Lagos Nigeria. My blog is http://harry-rami.blogspot.com and I think YOU are one od coolest xtians ever!PS: I am into d media and I am a 3rd yr student in the university

interestedparty29

posted January 30, 2009 at 9:03 am

I’m Kathy Johnson from Shrewsbury, MA. I’m compulsively obedient, therefore posting my identity before checking out your blog as you instructed. Came here by way of SCL. I knew Jon Acuff when he was a teenager. As if that weren’t marvelous enough, I can competently watch people on television doing back flips. wv: holdr “She hasn’t mastered the back flip yet; better holdr as she goes up.”

Amanda Mae

posted January 30, 2009 at 9:51 am

I am Amanda Mae Arnold. I live on the side of a mountain in Jasper, Georgia. I am a part time youth minister and a full-time college student. I go to Reinhardt College, where I major in English and minor in Art. I want to be Donald Miller.I found this blog from SCL, but upon reading comments, I realized that I read an article in Relevant by you a few months back that made me want to be Episcopalian.Once, in the fourth grade, I tried to do a back walk-over in gymnastics class, and hit myself in the face with my knee. I promptly dropped out of gymnastics, but I can still do a cartwheel.I have a blog where I write: timetravelingcyndi.wordpress.comand one for my photography: maeflowerphotos.wordpress.com

Pam

posted January 30, 2009 at 9:55 am

Hi Jason-I’m Pam Cooke and a fellow Texan from Goldthwaite. It’s where nowhere meets nothing! Found you via your guest post on SCL… who knew scatology could be worked into a blog post? Think I’m gonna have to *lurk* around here and see what else ya got up your sleeve. No back flips but I can hold my breath until… I need the next one!

Ryan Tate

posted January 30, 2009 at 11:51 am

I’m Ryan Tate. Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, near Akron/Cleveland. I work in the secular world (quality engieer) and at my church (elder/navigator). taterhouse.blogspot.com is my blog. I have a 1.5 year old girl and little boy on the way in March. I have 16 inches of snow in my front yard right now.

jasonS

posted January 30, 2009 at 12:22 pm

I’m Jason from Juneau, AK. I’m a pastor and goofball and just started blogging a few months ago (I enjoy the heck out of it even if only 5 people read it!)I look forward to checking out your blog. If you’re interested to check out mine, here you go:Connecting to Impact

Cheri-Beri

posted January 30, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Cheri from Vancouver, WA. That’s Vancouver – not BC, Washington, not DC. We’re just across the river from Portland, OR and most people in Washington don’t know we exist. It had led to more than one community identity crisis.Saw you on SCL and LOVED your post. Time to put you in my Google Reader!

Amy

posted January 30, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Jason,Hello. I jusst read your End Times post over on Jon’s blog “Stuff Christian’s Like.” It was hilarious. Loved it. You’re an excellent writer.I live in Arizona. Feel free to check out my blogpage:Walking In the Spirithttp://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.comBlessings,~Amy :)

franklyput

posted January 30, 2009 at 1:25 pm

My name is Frank.I live in Telford, PA, which means nothing to anyone other than the pizza man who as to deliver there.I’m a husband/dad/assistant pastor/blogger/bow staff master.I can barely walk, forget flip.

Marni

posted January 30, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Hi. I’m Marni WhiteI live in Midlothian TX, the cement capitol of Texas (read: asthma and pollution capitol of Texas)I burp really loud for a girl…

Helen

posted January 30, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Hello, my name is Helen, and I followed you here from SCL. I am from Chicago, IL, and my claim to fame is interviewing myself on my blog about Governor Blagojevich (I was really hard to pin down, but finally agreed with myself to do it.)I have a rather odd sense of humor that sometimes peeps out when I am serious.

Suzanne

posted January 30, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Hi! My name is Suzanne Fraser. I really enjoyed your blog on SCL. I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. It may be the capital of the province but I feel like I could see a cow in the middle of town and I’d be like “awesome! cow!” but I wouldn’t be surprised. I can read 700 pages books in one day.

elisabeth

posted January 30, 2009 at 7:44 pm

My name is Elisabeth, I read your post on Stuff Christians Like and laughed out loud. I live in Washington, DC.I’m jealous of Suzanne because I’ve been trying to read The Brothers Karamazov for over 2 years and it would be helpful if I could do it in just one day.

NEM

posted January 30, 2009 at 9:30 pm

i’m Nadine from Maryland (PG County). I haven’t read this blog or most of the comments YET, linked here from Stuff Christians Like, but wanted to honor Jason’s introduction request.Looking forward to reading ur blog even if I can’t do a backflip like some of the others. :)

Sara

posted January 30, 2009 at 11:13 pm

I join the small clan representing Canada. I’m Sara from Vancouver, and I don’t say eh. The last time I tried to do a backflip on a trampoline I landed on my face and had trampolines burns for a week.

posted January 30, 2009 at 11:44 pm

I’m Anthony LeedomI’m currently at UC Davis My hometown is Orcutt, Ca which is very close to Santa Maria.I don’t have a blog.I give really good high-fives.

Luckygirl

posted January 31, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I live in Portland and call myself Luckygirl, because my husband rocks and I’ve wanted identical twin boys all my life and actually got them! (hmmmm… be careful what you wish for… kidding!) They are ten months old and taking up all my time, energy and money right now. But before I was pregnant I could do back flips on a trampoline. After carrying two 7+ pound babies to term, I haven’t tried, but am most certain that I can not even climb onto a trampoline right now. Loved your post on SCL.

Jan

posted February 2, 2009 at 9:38 am

I’m Jan. I live just outside of Monterrey, Mexico. A nice place except for all the drug cartels and soldiers running around killing each other.I’m a mom, wife, teacher, missionary.I found your blog from SCL and also the article you wrote in Collide magazine. Thanks for all the great sites and people to check out.I can speak pig-latin in Spanish.

I'm Jan

posted February 5, 2009 at 11:49 am

I’m ALSO Jan which is one of the main reasons I’m commenting. I mean what are the odds right?I’m in Tampa, Florida – As in the Super Bowl, maybe you’ve heard of it.Kudos on the blog, love to visit!

Mjrjolt

posted February 6, 2009 at 8:00 am

My name is Dale Yancy. I live in Paducah, Kentucky. This is fly-over country because nobody intentionally comes here–you just end up here some way or some how.As a college student, I attended weekly Bible studies at UCLA listening to Hal Lindsey expound on the Last Days. This was just a few months before his infamous "Late Great Planet Earth" was published. Fortunately, I jettisoned that pre-millenial RAPTURE crap a few years later. Since that time, I have felt more sane than ever. I once had a '67 VW with a bumper sticker on the dashboard that read: "In case of rapture, the driver will disappear. Grab the steering wheel & pray." I thought I was really witnessing to those heathen hitch-hikers when I offered them a ride. But they probably thought I was an idiot!

S. Kyle Davis

posted February 10, 2009 at 10:39 am

I’m Kyle Davis, Gracie Boyett’s grandson. I, of course, heard about you from emails from Mildred, Monelle, etc., but I’m posting because I truly loved your book (Apocalypse). Very hilarious My wife and I live in Dallas, TX.I’m an aspiring writer myself.

Beth

posted March 17, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Yo.I’m Beth Parent. Yes, that’s parent, as in your mother or your father, but just one. Singular. But I am not a single parent. I am not a parent at all. And I do not come from a single parent household. There are two, still happily married Parent parents.I live in Raleigh, NC, which is also along I-40. Golly, JB, we’re practically neighbors!! You should come visit my blog too (www.onwardhoe.com). I don’t know if it’s as good as yours, but it might be.Hey, do you have any control over the word verification words? Because it wants me to type “diablo,” (not kidding) which means “devil” in Spanish. I do not think that is appropriate for this site (kidding).

J Scott McElroy

posted March 25, 2009 at 5:13 pm

I’m Scott McElroy. I live on a park in Indianapolis, Indiana, which has no ocean or mountains. 40 cuts through the middle of our town, dividing the north side from the south. Northsiders tend to think they are somehow cooler. I guess if you drove 40 west you’d eventually find Jason….or at least Amarillo.I wrote a book called “Finding Divine Inspiration: Working with the Holy Spirit in Your Creativity” ( http://www.FindingDivineInspiration.com ) That you might like. Its about learning to really collaborate with God. I hang out at home most days promoting the book, setting up speaking engagements, praying, and doing Voiceover work.I have a trampoline, but never use it.

Destiny

posted May 1, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Hey Jason! I’m Destiny and I am from Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. I read your pocket guide to adulthood and have a couple anothers available to read, as well as, following you on Relevant. Your stuff is great, lovin’ it!quirk about me…i have a freckle spot on my eye (not really a freckle, but that’s what it looks like)

CJ Moore

posted May 11, 2009 at 9:36 am

Hi, Jason. I live in Amarillo, Texas, too. I love it – my teenage son does not.I found you on Twitter – just clickin’ around. Do you know how many freaking people there are on Twitter? What are the odds that I would find you, like you and that we would both live in the same city?? As you can see, I am easily impressed; however, that does not mean that my loving your blog and Twit comments are not without merit. I love it that you are so entertaining AND a fellow Christian.I don’t have a blog like everybody else, but I did get a nosebleed one time on a trampoline. I don’t know how it happened – coulda been a back flip for all I know.My son believes that I talk too much.

Sara

posted May 18, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I’m Sara Sorensen, third Nebraskan to post here. Have lived in Elmwood my entire life (takes 20 minutes on a good day to get to Lincoln).Full-time nursing student/part-time CNA/part-time cashier supervisor (summer only)/aunt/daughter/friend.The shut-up filter in my brain doesn’t work very well when I’m tired…okay, it doesn’t work at all when I’m tired. I blog when something major happens or just when I’m bored. Nothing too terribly interesting.and….I’ve played violin for 12 years.

Rachel H. Evans

posted June 4, 2009 at 10:55 pm

My name is Rachel Evans, and Jason, dude, sounds like we have a lot in common. I too am writing a book for Zondervan about my struggle with doubt…(or at least that's a part of the story). Just got my first round of edits back from Angela a few weeks ago. We should compare notes! :-) I live in Dayton, Tennessee, home of the Scopes Monkey Trial of 1925. I'm married to a guy from New Jersey who still seems a little surprised to find himself in the rural South. If eating had no consequences, I would eat one of those rolls of refrigerated cookie dough every day of my life. I love Emily Dickinson. I watch more football than any boy I know. Oh, and I blog. Come by sometime.

Rob Swick

posted June 10, 2009 at 3:39 pm

I'm Rob Swick,Right now, Im in Sao Paulo Brazil, but normally I live in a Small town called Dundee, MI thats not too far from Ann Arbor. I found out about your work quite randomly and bought Pocket Guide to the Apocalypse. Haven't received it yet (could be the whole being in Brazil thing) , but if its half as funny as the reviews on amazon say, you might get +1 Cannarf. If its better, I may write a review about it and if your lucky, it may even be in Portuguese.

Ramona

posted June 21, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I'm Ramona from Alabama. The first Ramona and the first Alabamian to post here…and yes, we want everyone to think we are all backwoods rednecks who live in trailers and there is no reason to visit our state. It keeps the riff raff out…I found your blog through some round-a-bout way via the pyromaniacs blog.I have a blog. http://ramona-spiritualjourney.blogspot.com/ It's more biblically exploratory and not really amusing at all. Oh well.I cannot do flips, foward or backward, and I would probably throw up if I tried. I can, however, do a cartwheel. :)

susie

posted June 26, 2009 at 8:42 pm

I'm Susie and I live in Ambler, PA and work in Paoli (which isn't too far from Narberth!) I'm huge into photography and the beach and my friend's babies (oh and my friends too!)I found Jason's blog by way of CakeWrecks. So funny. Serioulsy. And I like punctuation. A lot!

susie

posted June 26, 2009 at 9:41 pm

And spelling. Even though I spelled seriously wrong.

katdish

posted June 29, 2009 at 4:15 pm

My name is Katdish. I live west of Houston. Blogger, painter, wife, mom and ragamuffin.Also, I crack myself up. Especially on the twitter @katdish

Britomart

posted June 30, 2009 at 2:19 pm

I'm Susan from Bessemer City, NC. I found my way here from cakewrecks. I think that a bread machine is amazing and I like to knit socks.

Dan Lewis

posted July 6, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Hello, my name is Dan Lewis and I'm a blogaholic. I'm from a small town called Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania. It's somewhere between Penn State University and Williamsport, the home of Little League baseball. I am not much of a sports fan.I run a little known blog called blogity-blah-blah-blog here on blogger. I found Jason's blog either from Stuff Christians Like, Cake Wrecks, or Relevant Magazine, I can't remember how I stumbled upon it. But I enjoy reading this blog, it's funny and insightful, or a better way to put it might be funsightful. Keep up the great work Jason!

AshleyMA

posted July 14, 2009 at 9:27 am

Hello, I'm Ashley and I am from Detroit, MI…I found this site on The Daily Beast and loved, loved, loved your article on MJ. I like how unbiased you are when you write. This is one of the first sites (run by a Christian) that had no negative energy towards our President. I can't stand when I try and find a Christian site to go to daily and all I see are negative comments about Obama and other Dems. So I am here thanks to all of the positive energy!I was raised in a Christian home but actually at the beginning of 2008 I began to love God more than anything and afterward struggled to know if He was actually real or not. Thanks to my own research and growing knowledge of the Bible…I'm am FINALLY confident in my beliefs:)Nice to meet cha!

gretchen

posted July 22, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Gretchen P.Caldwell, IDPocket Guide to the Bible was the first "theological" book that made me laugh outloud.

Indy

posted July 31, 2009 at 6:33 am

My name is Indira Almeida and I live in Miami, FL. I found your blog through your post on Jon's blog (SCL).

JHearne

posted August 3, 2009 at 2:30 pm

I'll go 100th.My name is Joshua Hearne. I live in Danville, Virginia. I was born and raised in Northeastern Kentucky (Ashland, if that means anything to anybody) and recently moved to Virginia from the Durham area of North Carolina. I'm a minister and I'm accidentally baptist most days.I have a blog where I post a Christian story every day.I'm a graduate of Duke University (M.Div. 2008) but I'm a huge fan of University of Kentucky basketball.

Stephanie Plagens

posted August 5, 2009 at 10:18 am

Stephanie Plagens, Publications Manager at Leadership Network, Dallas, TX. Erik Thrasher @ JB gave me all 3 of your new pocket books, and I was laughing so hard reading last night that my roommate came in to see if I was all right. Thanks for sharing your gift of writing!

Melinda

posted August 7, 2009 at 12:05 am

Melinda. I'm 24, from Chicago and love my city. It is primarily known as a fantastic place for real pizza, art, improv, and a heck of a lot of fantastic friends-to-be.I try to blog, but end up getting overwhelmed by what I have to say more often than not, and posting little, if anything. In any case, my humor comes through very dryly and in person; it doesn't translate so well from my head to cyberspace. Your blog though– it makes me laugh, and sometimes even makes me forward it along to others. Thanks for the fun.

Scott

posted August 13, 2009 at 9:25 am

I'm Scott Moore. I live about 15min south of Atlanta, GA. I left my first comment here yesterday that mentioned the Taco Bell dog and a demented Gonzo. Then found this thread today and wanted to participate. I have my own blog, but its not as funny as yours or the man blog I co-author. To Every Man, A Manswer The man blog is better because notice I said "co-author". The other guy is about 37x wittier than me and about 64x a better writer I noticed one other commenter, Beth, said she was from Macon, GA but no one has probably heard of it. She might be glad to know that we have manswered someone’s question from Macon and referenced their local sports team, the Macon Whoopee. Also, on one episode of the Simpson’s Nelson says that he always wanted to go to Macon, GA. So, rejoice Beth, rejoice.

codyjknutson

posted August 24, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I'm Cody.I'm glad I don't live in Amarillo because there are too many churches. I live in Wichita, KS and I'm about to move to Costa Rica to live out a mission.I hale from Wichita Falls, TX which is the armpit between Amarillo and DFW.I will smoke all at the official church sport of ping pong.

posted August 27, 2009 at 11:31 am

My name is Stephanie and I was born and stayed in Pasadena Tx, If you want to watch my biography just watch Urban cowboy, no really! I found your blog while reading Matt Carr's I have been reading his blog ever since my friend Wendy (his wife) died. She was an awesome person and I look forward to seeing her again.I have a 3 yr old boy and we both like to do summersaults in the house!!

Lori

posted August 28, 2009 at 12:42 am

I don't think I have ever read such a highly entertaining list of introductions. I think you should have kicked this off by saying we had to do it in the grand tradition of the "Alphabet Game" where everyone picks an animal with the same first letter as their first name, and then everyone has to remember all the names (and animals) that came before them (which would be pretty easy in this format since it would all be right there in print.) Anyhow…I'm Lori (lion, lizard, leopard, you pick…), from Seattle, WA and I'm pretty sure that I am SO not your usual demographic. Almost 40 year old, stay at home mother of three. But, hey, I could be wrong. Maybe there is a whole host of us soccer moms reading the Pocket Guides. I hope so, because they are HILarious (and informative)!

Donnamo

posted September 2, 2009 at 5:39 am

I am Donnamo (Blogger name) a 67 year old retired teacher/librarian/principal with a wicked sense of humor. Rock on Jason.Ps I live in South Carolina and I'm proud of it…most of the time…except when our Governor confesses he has a soul mate.

Danny Bixby

posted September 22, 2009 at 4:36 pm

My name is Danny Bixby. I live in Springfield, Missouri. Which in general is known for its religion and racism. Usually coupled together. My blog is here: http://dannyjbixby.blogspot.comI stumbled onto a sale of 48 copies of your "Pocket Guide to the Bible" for 20 bucks and have been spreading them around my church. People seem to like it, I find it awesome.Been lurking on your blog/twitter since.

Dan

posted October 9, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Well, I know this all started a very long time ago, but I just found your blog…so…here I am. I'm Dan and I am a sailor living with my family in San Diego. It's a great place to live unless you like all four seasons.I have two blogs. One spiritual and one about raising money for my daughter's disease…or killing the disease, as the case might be.

posted October 20, 2009 at 3:31 am

My name is Calvin Day, I am a graduate student in School Psychology at West Texas A&M University. Since many people have included religion in their "Who Are You" I'll say I was raised hardcore Church of Christ. I mean hardcore. The biggest advantage I see to that is I know the Bible inside out, so I can debate it with the people who automatically assume I know nothing of the bible since I am now arguably the opposite of Church of Christ. I ran cross country and track in college, and have done a few triathlons, planning a marathon sometime soon. Glad I found this via twitter.

Don

posted November 3, 2009 at 8:42 am

Hi Jason- I am Don Rogers, 64 years old. 59 of those years I spent deeply in a Southern Baptist church. I began a journey out of traditional Christianity about five years ago. Read my story on my blog: http://donrogers.orgWARNING: If you come to my blog, prepare to be challenged and use your brain! I have relatives in Friona, Canyon.

Nathan

posted November 4, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Hi. I'm Nathan. I'm from Idaho Falls, ID and I am a dweeb. Nice to meet you.http://www.nateysplace.blogspot.com

Hosanna Fisher

posted November 6, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Hi, I'm Hosanna. Yes, this is my real name. Yes, in fact, I am also a Christian, although it would have been disappointing for my parents if I had chosen to become an agnostic or a Kabbalist. You can tell I'm not a quitter because I scrolled my way down all the comments to leave mine here. I used to live all over the United States but now I build the amazing C7 Church in Glasgow, Scotland. I used to live near Intercourse, PA, too. My husband did not believe this when I told him. I found this while looking up pictures of Jesus. I'm teaching a leadership academy class on the doctrine of Christ on Monday night. I had never taught a class before this. I keep starting blogs to document some of this stuff but I never manage to post more than twice. Sad.

C.E. Snow

posted November 8, 2009 at 2:00 am

I'm Carole. I'm a Chicago-based documentarian. This year I'm making a documentary about Christian films in the 1970s. Monday I leave to Nashville to interview cast and crew from the Pirkle/Ormond pictures. (The Burning Hell…. If Footmen Tire You, What Will Horses Do?) Your writing causes liquids to shoot out of my nose. That was graphic. But not as graphic as the Pirkle/Ormond pictures. Carolewww.cswefler.com

Drew

posted December 2, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Hi Jason,I'm Andrew and I live in Castle Rock, CO. I'm a banker and work in Colorado Springs… which, as you know, is a mecca for Evangelical ministries. Plenty of fodder for you to write a book about the strange & funny ministry culture here in the Springs.I have no back flip skills, but I love Fat Tires.

posted December 3, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I just read your post about Christmas and you pretty much said word for word what I think about the whole "ordeal." Anyway, I live in the East Texas area and plan on looking more into your blog. Hope you have a "Happy Holiday" (Yeah, I hope you're laughing with me.) and look forward to reading more of your posts. -Texas Anomaly

Paul Kwiatkowski

posted December 3, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Someone I follow on Twitter pointed me to your article on Christmas, and after reading that, and the article on worship, I'm glad that I'm not alone with some of my views. I've always had the same problems with worship, and been out of place in that I couldn't care less how I'm greeted at stores. But- I see that I'm not supposed to just comment, so here goes.My name is Paul Kwiatkowski. I'm a college student, who blogs, podcasts, designs, and other fun things. I live in Charlotte, North Carolina, the 20th largest city in the nation, and the 1st biggest in NC. My blog is linked via my name.I have had to explain Twitter to more people than follow me.

posted December 3, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I wish I could so eloquently say what you did about the "stand up for Christmas" crap! I have had the same thoughts and issues with FOF and similar groups for a while! Lets just LOVE PEOPLE!

Chuckster

posted December 4, 2009 at 7:59 am

Jason,My name is Chuck Vipperman. I'm News Director at a radio station in Danville, VA. Our Associate Pastor at First Baptist Church turned me on to the "Pocket Guide to the Bible" and I've been addicted ever since.I consider myself a Conservative Christian Libertarian. I'm not sure I can explain it, either. Just another Christian, muddling through life, I guess.Love your stuff!!

posted December 5, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I'm Mary S. from Victoria BC Canada.I found your site through a facebook link to your Christmas rant. Brilliant.If Christians spent more time on living the way Christ showed us instead of sweating the small stuff or being oppressors like the Pharisees, I would spend less time feeling silly about being Christian.My province has the lowest rate of church attendance in all of Canada, which is already lower than in the USA, sometimes people think I've fallen on my head too hard when I tell them I go to church – thank you for the difference you make in people's assumptions.

Stephanie

posted December 8, 2009 at 4:00 pm

I'm Stephanie Babcock.I live in suburbia Denver and waffle several times a day between loving and hating it.I have zero gymnastic ability, but my favorite work is schadenfreude. Hands down, my favorite. And I love your blog.

Jenny

posted January 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I'm Jenny Poley. I live in Nebraska, but am not from here, thanks be to God. I am from California, and have lived in New Jersey.I found your blog today, and cannot remember when I have enjoyed a blog so much.

coconutisland

posted January 16, 2010 at 9:51 am

I'm Phillip SantillanI live in Minneapolis, MN. It's cold…really cold.oh yeah…and I am filipino. Get it? Phillip…filip..ino. (Thanks mom!)

coconutisland

posted January 16, 2010 at 9:52 am

i am a redhead

posted January 22, 2010 at 1:59 pm

My name is Jess. I live in Rosemount, Minnesota. Travel writer by day, aspiring blogger by night. Just started blogging, and we'll see where it takes me. And yes, I really am a redhead. :)

bondChristian

posted January 24, 2010 at 8:47 pm

My name is Marshall Jones Jr. – because my dad had the name before I did. I live in beautiful Louisville, Kentucky and haven't enjoyed Amarillo, Texas when I've visited. Perhaps that will change next time.This is not my blog, but it is my comment. (You can read my blog if you click the link above this post.)I drink carrot juice.

Adri

posted February 2, 2010 at 12:37 am

Helloo! I'm Adriana. I live in Guatemala… planning on moving to Australia this year, first time on this blog and I'm loving it… wonder if I could get your books over here.

Faydra

posted February 2, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I'm Faydra. I'm one of those SAH Mommy Bloggers. Before the kids took over I liked to blog on faith and art and other things, once even blogging about one of your articles. That's here: http://sunspotted.blogspot.com/2009/11/heaven.htmlAfter a decade away, I recently moved back to my home state of Florida. Go, Gators!I appreciate how often you answer spiritual questions with, "I don't know."

nutz4books

posted February 9, 2010 at 6:17 pm

My name is Vikki. I live in Illinois. I'm a church secretary homing to stay at home with my three boys very soon.

Tyson

posted February 11, 2010 at 1:41 pm

My name is Tyson Lenerose. I live in Gainesville, TX and somehow have never noticed this "Who Are You?" thread on Jason's blog.I discovered Jason thru Facebook while looking for his brother, Brooks. I played basketball in high school with Brooks. I only mention that in hopes that it will score me a free book or something. ; )In 1999, we left Texas to move to Gainesville, Florida. In 2004, we left Florida to Gainesville, Texas.I have sold candles, clothes, fireworks, beanie babies, Christian books/bibles/music, and many other over-priced Christian gifts & collectibles for a living. I have also sold souvenirs, diapers & baby supplies, as well as stamped hands at Walt Disney World.I do not have a blog, but desperately want to start one.

posted February 14, 2010 at 4:59 am

My name is Anna Baylor.I live in Los Angeles, CA, and while I'm usually proud to say that, everyone here seems to live in a place with a cute or cool (or inappropriate…yes, Pennsylvania, I'm talking to you) name, so I feel a little left out. I can honestly say, however, that it is my dream to one day own a cottage and a farm and a field and a horse (to ride to my neighbor's house), all near a bubbling brook and/or creek and/or meadow (the last not bubbling, I hope). I will make sure that the name of the place I move to is unique, and then I will re-update where I'm from on Mr. Boyett's blog. (My obsession with the little cottage and its amenities comes largely from my favorite childhood books which all took place in rural America…well,,.they all took place in the 1800s or early 1900s when most of America was rural America.)That's it. By the way, Mr. Boyett, I have a question for you. Do you think that all of your readers are naturally funny (or unfunny, depending on how gracious you're willing to be), or do you think that others find your humor so appealing that they try to emulate it as well? Because I've noticed that a good majority of the people who comment on your posts either have a remarkably similar (though perhaps slightly less refined) sense of humor as you do, or are inspired by your jokes/sarcasm/abrupt comments that they decide they'll take a stab at it as well. I can't make up my mind which it is (though I am leaning more towards one)…

Jason Boyett

posted February 14, 2010 at 10:10 am

Anna:Clearly, my readers are naturally funny and are drawn to this blog as an outlet for their wit and humor. Also, the unofficial oneupmanship of the format may be inspiring… :)

Amy

posted February 18, 2010 at 5:19 pm

My name is Amy Ickes. I live in Feeding Hills, Massachusetts. It's 2 hours west of Boston, so "How do you like Boston?" does not apply. Do not ask. I'm origially from the part of New Jersey that does not smell nor is it anywhere near the Turnpike or Parkway. I do not pronounce "Jersey", "Joisey" and can say without reservation that the only people who pronounce it that way have never been to New Jersey.I have a blog that is terribly neglected. I'd like to start a new one, but haven't found a worthwhile topic that isn't currently being explored yet. When I do though, I'll be all over it.I Twittered my way to this blog last week and have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Blessings on your head, Jason.

TombRader

posted March 4, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Hey everyone, My name is Adam Rader.I live in Keller Texas, which is somehow ranked on the top 10 places to live in the U.S., i have no clue why it is ranked that though. I want to be awesome one day, and plan to be a missionary to Africa and India. So yeah, that is me.P.S. I can't do a backflip, well i can but only underwater.

Sally Lloyd-Jones

posted March 5, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Hi my name is Sally Lloyd-Jones. I live in NYC and like to divide my time between the front half of my apartment and the back.I love your blog! I want one just like it.believe I may be meeting U (even sitting on a panel with you) @ Calvin in April!

posted March 26, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Hi Jason,I'm a mom with 2 teenage boys. I just wanted to say thanks for being so candid in your books. Springfield, MO

MRMARK

posted April 5, 2010 at 9:41 am

Like this "Who Are You" item.You began following me on Twitter today so I decided to check you out. I read blogs regularly and enjoy the online Christian community.I attend North Point Community Church in Alpharetta, GA and photography is my favorite hobby.I also have a photo blog at MRMARKphotography.com

Jeff Chapman

posted April 20, 2010 at 11:15 am

Hi Jason,My name is Jeff Chapman. I live in southwest Michigan. I write speculative fiction (fairy tales, fantasy, and ghost stories). I saw you recently at the Festival of Faith and Writing. I enjoyed your talks on using electronic media and "rewriting" stories from the Bible. One of your suggestions was to follow and comment on blogs of interest in order to generate more interest in your own blog. So, I'm doing what you said.Best of luck with your new book.

Susie M Finkbeiner

posted April 21, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I'm Susie Finkbeiner. I live in Wyoming, Michigan. I'm a writer, a modern day abolitionist and do it all with 3 kids 3 and under. Well, my house is a mess…but that's okay I guess. My husband is very understanding.

renaissanceegg

posted April 24, 2010 at 2:22 pm

My name is Tom Eggebrecht. I am a Lutheran Pastor and live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I recently started a blog, and your blog was the first one I linked to mine. I love your humor and honesty.Keep up the good work, and keep posting. You are an inspiration!

fernado

posted May 4, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Oi.. Bem meu nome é Fernando Henrique Novais, moro no Brasil, no estado de Tocantins e na cidade de Gurupi … tenho 15 anos e sou mega fã dos livros de Jason Boyett .. graças a ele hoje eu me interesso a ler.Tchau .. abraços ..

Sharri Levine

posted May 4, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Salutations. Sharri Boyett here. Animal welfare is my mission. Reside south of Austin, Texas where I do my best to spay and neuter pets so we won't have so many extra ones. If you support pet overpopulation or your name is Boyett, raise your hand, or contact http://www.PreventALitter.com. Bless your furry faces.

Jonny King

posted May 5, 2010 at 6:57 am

i am jonny king who the gehenna are you?Just before you think this is a bit forward, I am of "kiwi." Huh! Visit my blog and all will be revealed… such suspense, Lord of the Rings like. Is that the first thing that pops into your head when you hear the words… NEW ZEALAND… What about i am jonny king" Me neither!I live in Palmerston North, NEW ZEALAND, and I am NOT a Hobbitt.I can make you read for days, and send you nowhere, circling throughout!You will find my other blogs at this destination as well! I have not read one thing by Jason Boyett. That's a lie, I read a couple of things on his site, as it was my first time!We can still be blog buddies though, can't we… can't we? I will if you will, hyperlink on it… deal!Special!

covenantwmn

posted May 12, 2010 at 3:19 pm

My name is Leslie Bligh-McCarthy, in the process of dropping the Bligh. Remarried a couple years ago and just never got around to letting it go legally…need to do that. I live in Grants Pass, Oregon, small, podunk place, but beautiful. I live with my husband, Dave and our little pup, Sadie.