A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

God is in the Details

posted by Brandi Harkonen

Martha Williamson reminds us that God not only cares about the big things in life, but also the little things.
Watch Martha this Sunday, April 25th on the Hour of Power with Dr. Sheila Schuller Coleman as they discuss Martha’s book “Inviting God to Your Wedding and Keeping God in Your Marriage.”

Caroline Martin

posted April 23, 2010 at 8:08 am

Martha is a charm…i love her sense of God….who loves usbeyond our imagination,,Why not pray for the little things in our life,like a cup of coffee..to broghten a gloomy outlook of ours…or pray to have forgiveness in our nature….She is so pure and simple ina good way….and a genius in how she communicates with allof us out here on the internet.! thank you Martha Williamson…u are exceptional in your own right. xo.. ..thanx

Lupe

posted April 23, 2010 at 9:07 am

Good Morning Martha, thank you for sharing your insightfull wisdom. I look forward to your words of wisdom. It’s amazing how GOD uses people as yourself and the internet as a source of shinning positive energy in a very troublesome world.
God Bless Lupe

Nancy Roberts

posted April 23, 2010 at 10:41 am

It is the little things that bridge to the bigger things. Yes, I believe that God is in every aspect of our lives. When you remind us we are not alone, I remember thinking that at times in my life, too. How complicated I make things! All I ever needed to do was to trust and obey Him! Thanks for your email. Have a blessed day, Martha. Love, Nancy.

Your Name

posted April 23, 2010 at 11:08 am

Thank You , Martha , this is so true! I remember when I was a little girl , growing up in my church ( I’ve now been a member for 45yrs) and an elderly lady was always talking about God in the ” Little Things” and I’ve never forgotten that . She has since passed away and now I talk about the little things in my life to others. We all need to acknowledge God in the “little things” for they are so very important – they are to me , anyway – to know He cares about the little things for us – it’s a God.wink . That’s a great feeling and it makes me smile. Jenn Penn. Penna.

Kathy Allen

posted April 23, 2010 at 11:52 am

Hello Martha,
Thank you for this reminder that it is important to seek God in the little things. I pray for every little thing in my day – including house repairs. I have learned that each of these little problems is an opportunity for an encounter with God, who often leads me to reach out to others for help, people I would not have met any other way. House repair problems bring new people to my home. When the repair man or woman enters my home, and sees all of the religious reminders, he or she begins watching to see what kind of person I am. I don’t preach. This is my opportunity to meet someone new and to show the difference made in me and my life by Whom I serve, and hopefully, I make a difference in their life on that day, if only by showing them respect, courtesy, and gratitude. We never know how a simple encounter with love can affect a life, particularly if they had several bad encounters on that same day. Repairs have become my opportunity to talk with God and to serve Him.
Kathy

Angie

posted April 23, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Hi Martha
I watched your video with the Hour Of Power and your insight for people getting Married
is wonderful, I will be glad to read your book, Your such a great people person, and you
touch so many people,s hearts!!!!! Small details are so important in life . We have to let
the Lord always be a part of them so that we can rejoice in the big ones.I need a prayer for my self, hope you can .o.k. Thank You Again for such wonderful insight
God Bless [Angie]

SuzanneWA

posted April 23, 2010 at 9:43 pm

How comforted and blessed I was by your saying that “God is in the details!”, because I have believed that FOREVER!! I live by following Norman Vincent Peale’s admonition to “shoot prayers” outward in my every day life. It can be something as simple as the elevator opening as soon as I press the “UP” button, or finding an address after I have gone the wrong direction, and asking God for help. I, also, pray without ceasing. It has become part and parcel of my personality and my entire LIFE. I must take this opportunity to tell you that I have bipolar disorder, and have had significant problems with spirituality and delusions in my life. But I am now following my road to recovery, and am quite aware of the “triggers” that could possibly lead to an episode. BUT – I NEVER ignore my life of prayer; as you say, God is sooo big that he encompasses each and every detail of my life, and I know that I am truly LOVED by Abba Father. Thank you for letting me write this; it is just something I felt I had to share.

Darlene

posted April 23, 2010 at 11:44 pm

You asked us to write and tell you how God has worked in the little things in our lives.
Well, here goes…
I had been saved for about 15 years but I was not a happy Christian. Actually I was pretty miserable. I knew I had been forgiven but I was truly miserable. I thought if I read a book about living forgiven it might help. So I wrote to a well known Christian author and I asked if he would write a book about living forgiven. A man on his staff wrote back to me telling me this author wasn’t considering a book about living forgiven at this time. He did give me real good scripture references and lots of encouragement.
I had sensed God’s assurance in the past but one day I really wanted to be assured that the Lord was still close to me.
My nose happened to be running at the time, so I asked the Lord to please let my nose run now and then as a reminder that He was with me. You wouldn’t believe how many times my nose ran and at the oddest times. My nose was completely dry and then suddenly it ran!!! This continues to be a special memory for me.
Yes, the Lord our God cares about those little things!

sandra

posted April 24, 2010 at 6:24 am

Martha just a quick comment. Last week after a solid week of working in the field helping my husband and sons farm, I was really stumped for additional comments for the lesson I teach to an adult Sunday School class. We have a regular series that we continually study, but I like to personalize it to help my fellow students apply it to their lives. Well it was about the greatest commandment which is Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself. Sunday morning a half hour before I was due at church I still did not have an application help, and so I prayed Lord help. Immediately God reminded me of Enoch who walked with God, and his daily behavior pleased the Lord. I cannot take the credit for all my helps Sunday because they came from a devotional that I read each day. But, it said Is my relationship intimate and personal? Do I talk daily to God and listen for a response? When I stroll with God, do I try to determine where we go, or do I follow God? Maybe if I answer these questions the way God would have me to then I may walk right into heaven like Enoch did,Genesis 5:21. God does care about the little things and is always there, even when we neglect Him, and He never leaves His own.

Candace

posted April 25, 2010 at 8:50 am

Martha: I would love to see a reunion show, bringing back Della, Roma, John and Valerie, showing what God had in store for Della, where he led Monica and how Andrew and Gloria all fit in with the plan.
Please consider doing a two hour special reuniting all and showing where these angels are and what they are doing.
I don’t think the world can get enough of this show.
Thank you!

Candace

posted April 25, 2010 at 9:45 am

Martha: Sorry, I meant to say Tess. I would like to see where God took Tess what he has Monica, Gloria and Andrew doing. Thank you!

Glenda

posted April 25, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Yes God answered my prayers this morning in the little things. I didn’t have enough money today for the grocery trip I need to do. I prayed about it and then mentioned it to my husband when he woke up. He gave me $20 that someone gave to him for us. Praise the Lord.

Carl Brunkow

posted April 25, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Martha, I liked your idea about talking with God during the day, at work or play or where ever. I usually start my day with a time with the Lord.
One morning quit a few years ago, I was in my office at home when I heard my daughter come down stairs and go out to the screen porch to have her quiet time so I decided to go out and talk for a while. We talked and shared things about the Bible and the Lord for about an hour or so. When we finished I went back to my office and just got settled down in my chair when the phone rang. I had a home building business at the time and it was one of my men calling about something. He told me that he had been trying to call me for almost an hour but that my phone had been busy. I hadn’t used the phone at all that morning until he called me. I am sure it was the Lord keeping me from being interrupted from talking to my daughter.
Just wanted to share that with you. Keep up the good work.

Janice

posted April 26, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I worked for a corporation in New Jersey for almost 11 years. My office was a cubicle among multiple other cubicles. Bowing my head for prayer or even having a few minutes of peace in order to pray, were nearly impossible. I found that I used my bathroom breaks a fine time to pray. It was a quiet place of solitude where I could close a door and talk with God. I also prayed during my hour or so commute to and from work. I believe God does not care where we pray, just that we keep in constant contact with him. I thank you Martha for the opportunity to share with others the very small, as well as, the big things in our daily lives.

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Martha Williamson. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Red Letters with Tom Davis Recent prayer post on Prayables Most Recent Inspiration blog post Happy Reading!

posted 11:30:46am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com

posted 10:31:18am Sep. 17, 2010 | read full post »

New Videos Are Available on atouchofencouragement.com
Martha Williamson's "A Touch of Encouragement" videos can now be seen at atouchofencouragement.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

posted 3:09:00pm Jul. 27, 2010 | read full post »

Asking for Help
When we find ourselves too emotionally and physically exhausted to ask for help, Martha Williamson believes if we just stand still and call out to God with faith, confidence and patience He will be there to answer our prayer.

posted 5:54:24am Jun. 22, 2010 | read full post »

When Father's Day is Tough
Martha Williamson realizes that for some Father's Day isn't always a day to celebrate, but she reminds us that there is One Father who will always be there for us. Watch Martha's tribute to her father in "The Hero on the Dresser."

posted 6:10:00am Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »