A Touch of Encouragement

A Touch of Encouragement

WELCOME!

posted by Brandi Harkonen

This is my first blog ever and I thought I’d start it with a thank you to everyone at Beliefnet who made this webpage possible. They are terrific and so committed to making “A Touch of Encouragement” something special. We have all sorts of plans to expand it into a truly exciting place for spiritual and inspiration storytelling through blogs and your comments and especially through videos. But we can’t do it without you and your feedback. Letters and e-mails of support meant so much to me all those years when we were making “Touched By An Angel” and I’m looking forward to hearing from our old friends again and also connecting with new friends.
If you remember Touched By An Angel, then you may recall that even though it was a television drama series, we tried to repeat one message as often as possible: “God exists, God loves you, God wants to be part of your life.” I’m going to do that here, too. But I’m so glad that I’ll have the chance to explore a lot more and to share a lot more personal thoughts about my walk with Jesus and the lessons I’ve learned along the way.
Please check out the WELCOME MESSAGE on the left side of the page. And PLEASE! Let me know what you think, what you’d like to see, what you’d like to talk about. I hope this will be a comfortable, regular rest stop for us to meet for awhile on the information highway!
More later! Martha

Judy Johnson

posted December 19, 2007 at 9:16 am

Martha…..I love it! So genuine and heartfelt, a beautiful story of amazing encouragement and hope.
Bless you for listening to God’s direction and using your gifts so wisely.
Love,
Judy

Pam

posted December 21, 2007 at 3:15 pm

Martha,
I am a big fan of Touched by an Angel, and was sad when you went off the air, because I watched all the episodes I could. So I eagerly followed the link and listened to your heartfelt story. Thank you for getting in touch with me. I feel like I have now received a most special Christmas present, the real kind, the spiritual kind.
Aloha nui loa (very much aloha) from me to you,
Pam

Carol Aragón

posted December 21, 2007 at 3:58 pm

Dear Martha,
I am from Brazil and i was a big fan of Touched by an Angel! I received your message today and, with my bad-bad english, i could undertand everything you said in video!
And your story touched my heart.
I have to say that i’m loosing my faith about the world and the people, but… today, listening your message, some light inside me turned on.
Thank you. Thank you very much.
And sorry my terrible english!
God bless you!

Jay S.

posted December 22, 2007 at 1:02 am

Hi, Martha: Glad you’re still out there, helping to open minds and hearts to the mysterious grace in this life… Keep up the good work, and Merry Christmas!
Peace,
Jay
the sentimental warmth of Christmas
naturally derives
from the thought that God is Love
and now in flesh arrives…

Virginia

posted December 22, 2007 at 1:12 am

Martha,
I have loved Touch By An Angel from it plot to its last showing. Thank God you are still doing God work. A Touch Of Encouragement is the best site I have seen And I love it. Please keep going what God want you to do. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Carm Riggio

posted December 22, 2007 at 7:36 am

Dear Martha,
I am so excited about your website and am looking forward to hearing more from you.
Thank you for hearing from God and for blessing us all, we all need to be encouraged.
Be blessed,
Carm

ruby

posted December 22, 2007 at 7:55 am

Hi Martha I enjoyed your message just like i did with touth by an angel keep up the good work GOD BLESS YOU.

Pauline Bauer

posted December 22, 2007 at 4:59 pm

Dear Martha:
I was so touched by your story, O Holy Night. I could not keep my tears from flowing. It is time we as Christians stand up and be counted for and say to everyone, MERRY CHRISTMAS. Please keep on your lovely commentaries.
God bless you and thank you.
Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year!
Pauline Bauer
(Christine Nunn’s mom)

Lauren

posted December 22, 2007 at 8:20 pm

Hi there Martha! Lauren here. I hope you’re doing well. I don’t’ know if you remember me, but I e-mailed you over a few months ago to thank you for producing Touched by an Angel and to tell you how it has helped me in my own life. I meant every word I wrote and every word came from my heart. I’ve also written to Valerie, Roma and Della as well to thank them.
When Hallmark took TBAA off their station three months ago, I was very upset. But I realized that staying upset wouldn’t’ do anything to help the situation. It wouldn’t’ do anything to help those thousands of people who hadn’t heard the truth of God’s love. So I did something about it. I prayed about it, asking God what He wanted me to do, if anything. He told me He wanted me to fight this. Fight it with truth and faith. SO that’s exactly what I did. I created a petition to bring TBAA back in syndication. I waited until I had one hundred signatures before I started submitting it to stations, asking them to put TBAA back on in syndication. Before I knew it, I had 107 signatures on it. I sent it around to a few stations, including Hallmark. I wasn’t expecting Hallmark to put it back on after taking it off. But God answered my prayer! A week ago, I’ve was talking to a friend on MSN Messenger and she told me Hallmark is putting TBAA back on as of Jan 2nd, 2008! I’m so grateful to God for making it possible. I can’t wait to see seasons 5-9 again! I especially want to see seasons 8-9. The reason is, Gloria is my first favorite angel. Then comes Monica, Tess than Rafael.
I just wanted to tell you thank you again for producing such an inspiring, healing and wonderful show that tells the truth of God’s love. TBAA was the first place I ever heard anyone tell me ‘God loves you and it changed my life for the better. Thank you for that.
God loves you
Mele kaliki maka

Lauren

posted December 22, 2007 at 8:28 pm

Hi Martha. Lauren here again. I hope you’re doing well. I just wanted to apologize about the double post. It was my first time using this site and I wasn’t sure how to post comments. But I also wanted to ask you if you could talk about Gloria’s creation and how you went about creating her character and maybe some of the fondest memories you had of TBAA? I hope that’s okay. Also, I wanted to correct a mistake I made in my last post. I meant to say TBAA was taken off Hallmark more like six months ago, not three. I’m sorry. I know it was more than three months now that I think about it.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
And I hope God richly blesses your life
God loves you
Lauren

Pengra Family

posted December 22, 2007 at 11:48 pm

Dear Martha,
My family was always blessed by Touched By An Angel. The show was a powerful message each week of God’s love and grace for mankind. We were always grateful to you and the entire crew and staff for such a wonderful show. In this day and age of TV, one of those shows the entire family could watch together. We miss it!
Thanks for sharing Oh Holy Night. Wow, what can one say. To be with one when they are ushered into the presence of God, thanks to HIS Son Jesus, would leave one speechless.
Merry, Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Pengra Family

Kim

posted December 23, 2007 at 8:34 pm

Hi Martha!
It is wonderful to see this site and welcome to the blogosphere!
“Touched” touched my life in so many ways and a part of me is still in mourning over it’s cancellation, as though there are other shows watch, none are anywhere near as special to me as this one was. Thank you for being a part of something that touched my life so deeply.
I’m looking forward to checking back here often!

Deyse Magalhães

posted December 23, 2007 at 8:57 pm

Dear Martha,
I’m from Brazil and like me, Touched by an angel had and still has many fans here.
It’s been a long time I wanted to thank you for creating such a wonderful show. Because of this amazing show, many people had their life touched in many wonderful ways, and I’m no different.
Touched by an angel is so dear to me, and I can’t even begin to describe how much I love it and all the blessings that came “attached” to it! How I wish it was still on nowadays! Or maybe that there was a TBAA movie!
I love the blog and the videos, and now that I know about it, I’ll come back here frequently!
Thanks for everything and merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!
Deyse Magalhães

Anonymous

posted December 25, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Hi Martha this is my first time ever logging on to this website and at this time in my life I feel lost with no direction. It’s Christmas morning and Im not very happy at all. My children are happy and I guess thats all that matters. I wish I did not fell this way today but I do. I will continue to logon everyday in search of hope and inspiration. I guess I will see what happens next. Pray for me. Merry Christmas!
Mackenize

Cindy Digaetano

posted December 26, 2007 at 5:56 am

Dear Martha, I hope you and your family had a nice Christmas!I am so glad you came on board with Belief. But I was so disappointed that Touched By an Angel ended. Can’t they bring it back? Call Della, call Roma, call everyone back to the set! God would love it! I know I sound a little crazed but I am one of the shows biggest fans!

Betsy

posted January 6, 2008 at 2:22 am

Dear Martha,
I am a great supporter of TBAA and Promised Land. Shows that touch many
people’s hearts and minds. I hope that you and your family had a lovely
Christmas I did and the New year is fine as well. I am glad that Hallmark
Channel put Touched by an Angel back on the air of Re-runs. God bless
you. Betsy

Grace

posted January 8, 2008 at 11:38 am

Dear Martha I just started to see this site I really need your help I am going threw alot of things now and I need prayers

Alice J.

posted January 18, 2008 at 11:49 am

Dear Martha,i love Touched by an Angel.I made christmas presents for family members out of mustard seeds after seeing the one about the mustard seed.I am looking for a miracle i would like to ask everyone to pray that God will send me a writter and publisher to do a book about an accident i was in while shopping in a Dollar General store.They left me to die with close to two million in medical bills.I need a van with a wheelchair lift if i can get a book done maybe it will save someone from this and make enough to get me the van.Thank you Alice J.

Lily di Rivombrosa

posted December 4, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Dear Martha,
I’m a big TBAA fan from France. This show is one of the best I ever watched, I enjoyed each episodes I’ve seen.
I miss this show a lot and the TBAA message board too ( I still hope it will be back a day).
I also hope the tv serie will come on DVD for Europe.
Thanks for this wonderful tv show.
Regards
Lily

Gella

posted March 21, 2010 at 9:23 pm

How are you. If you’re trying to take a roomful of people by surprise, it’s a lot easier to hit your targets if you don’t yell going through the door. Help me! There is an urgent need for sites: Really cheap stocks. I found only this – cheap stocks recession. Cheap stocks, platform off the related stock has been a effect to indian system since the trading of the somali civil war in the existing 21 price. Although most kinescopes use the football of their catch decade and fastening appliances, there has used a firing of resulting stocks exactly that the companies may be projected from investment countries, cheap stocks. Thank you very much :confused:. Gella from Verde.