Lynn v. Sekulow

Lynn v. Sekulow

More Thoughts On the Abortion Diversion

posted by Rev. Barry W. Lynn

On Thursday, I blogged defending the position that the current version of the health care reform bill moving through the House does not cover abortion. I’ve tried to respond to some of the posted responses already.

I’d also like to point out an interesting perspective on the issue brought up by Steve Waldman, our editor-in-chief at Beliefnet. In an article for the Wall Street Journal, he writes:

“If the Capps amendment is off, it’s by a matter of inches
or feet, not miles. So when pro-life forces claim that, as a result of
the ‘affordability credits,’ taxpayers are paying for abortion, they’re
being hyperbolic at best, deceptive at worst.”

I definitely think it’s worth a read, and you can find his article here.

In the meantime, I also had a conversation with Congresswoman Lois Capps on my radio show, CultureShocks. After talking with her, I am even more confident that she has been honest and upfront about her intent regarding this piece of legislation.  She has made it abundantly clear that her amendment’s purpose is to ensure that no federal funds will be used for abortion, with a few exceptions already provided in the Hyde Amendment.

“The amendment was clearly designed to get that on the record,” Capps said. “We did not want this very important debate on health care reform to become a debate on abortion policy.

”This is the time,” she continued, “to deal with the high cost of health insurance and the need for including everyone.”

Indeed it is.

To subscribe to “Lynn v. Sekulow” click here.

posted September 15, 2009 at 2:07 am

When will the religious right finally learn that a fetus is NOT a person. They can’t even feel anything anyway. Sometimes people make mistakes and shouldn’t have to continue the pregnancy. It’s not right. Also in the case of rape it is sick that a pro-lifer would ask the mother to carry the baby to term, even if to adopt. That baby will grow up to be a person someday and what if the mother was to meet them as a child or adult. It would be too late to kill it then so the mother would be reminded of the rape and that is sick.

Arrow

posted September 15, 2009 at 2:32 pm

An excellent article. I support funding for plans that include abortion coverage because the procedure is medically called for and legal. To not make coverage available for female reproductive services seems discriminatory on its face.
I don’t like book-keeping games. If a government run program provides money, even indirectly, for a program, then it should not make creative disclaimers. Changing policy with HHS officials also makes me leary, but I can’t say I’m completely against the idea that the popular vote could reflect in an administration’s policy. The effort to maintain the status quo on abortion funding, and remove it as an obstacle to healthcare reform, didn’t seem so difficult; but I have a better understanding now of why it is.

posted September 15, 2009 at 3:07 pm

When are you going to learn that a person is a person regardless of what you are going to call it. On another note, that a person who is raped should be given something to calm her and put in a hospital of some kind so she can get through this trying time of pain so she can come to terms that the baby inside of her is not the rapist and should not be sentenced to death because of it.
Another note of the subject is this, is ther not something that the women can be perscribed to help her through the beginning stages of pregnancy to help her deal with the fact that she was raped and to not connect the rape with the baby. Although the pregnance would be a result of the rape, somehow if she could get a sedative that would not effect the developing fetus would be a wise choice.
Cara

DSJulian

posted September 15, 2009 at 3:47 pm

Confidential and private prescriptions for legal drugs and medical procedures between a doctor and patient have no business being discussed publicly, period. And universal health care should not be held hostage by a handful of anti-choice zealots who simply cannot accept the fact that pregnancy termination is a legal medical practice.

Margaret Ann

posted September 15, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Regarding the “your name” poster’s comment
on the
sequestration and sedation of pregnant rape victims for 9 mos.:
Was that meant to be some kind of sick joke?

Gerard Nadal

posted September 15, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Boris,
The mother remembers the rape, regardless of having carried the child to term or not. In what system of jurisprudence, anywhere in the world apart from abortion, do we inflict capital punishment on the child because of the father’s crime?
When the woman aborts, she becomes a victimizer, and is no longer solely a victim. The notion that abortion helps to anesthatise the woman’s psyche, or aid in forgetting is a tragic fallacy. You further harm the very individual you seek to assist through your best and good-hearted intentions.
Finally, once there is a new human being, a new human organism undergoing its own development, like it or not, ready or not, the woman IS a mother. The only question becomes whether she wants to be the mother of a live baby or a dead one? She will never again not be a mother.
All of her options are odious thanks to the rapist. She does have the ability to control the outcome for the good of two humans, if she so chooses.

posted September 15, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Boris says: Where’s the capital punishment? Aborting a fetus is not capital punishment. In what society do we punish a woman by making her endure a nine month pregnancy she does not want to endure and give birth to a baby she never wants to see by a man who raped her.
Are you nuts? A person who gets their worldview from a barbaric and anti-feminist collection of fiction like the Bible might be led to think, as the authors of the Bible clearly did, that women are no better than breeding pigs but society thankfully takes a different view.
Boris says: Not true, she is being victimized by an unwanted fetus that makes constant demands on her body, finances and mental state.
Boris says: That’s right; make a ridiculous straw man argument. No one is making that case because abortions are legal. Abortions eliminate an unwanted fetus which is the only reason women have them. They don’t have them to forget getting raped.
Boris says: I seek to protect basic freedoms in this nation from people like you and reproductive rights are a basic freedom that was guaranteed in this country during the time the Constitution was written. You would support laws that outlaw sex outside of marriage wouldn’t you? Gotcha. That’s how far you would go to stamp out freedom in this country and once laws like that would be passed there’s no longer any such thing as freedom.
Boris says: Wrong, she is a potential mother who is carrying a potential life. You really need to bone up on the laws in the nation and stop relying on distorting the language to make your arguments.
Boris says: All you anti-freedom people distort the language and call things what they are not. Without doing this, you have no case and you know it. When people call night day and black white they just marginalize themselves. This is why your cult is not taken seriously anymore and is therefore disappearing faster than the snow in Greenland. Young people don’t like being ignored and they know if they espouse the absurd beliefs of their parents they will be.
Boris says: Right, if SHE so chooses. Not you.

posted September 15, 2009 at 11:15 pm

wHO SAID 9 MONTHS OF DEDATION?
dOES NOT THE BABY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, MY DEAR FRIEND?
cARA

posted September 15, 2009 at 11:41 pm

Margaret Ann
The sequestration and sedation of pregnant rape victims for 9 mos would be necessary in a fundamentalist Christian society you see because if the woman gets out on her own and gets an abortion then Cara and those like her would have her tried for murder and sentenced to death probably by stoning.

posted September 15, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Cara a fetus cannot be given rights that conflict with a woman’s rights. It is there only by the woman’s permission and permissions are NOT rights. Rights must be considered as a whole. Game over, you lose. Now go talk to Pippy or one of your other imaginary friends, Jeezus perhaps.

Mary-Lee

posted September 16, 2009 at 8:49 am

I know a young woman who was born as a result of a rape. She was placed for adoption. Years later, she had a very good reunion with her birthmother. She met her birthmother’s family and her birthmother met hers. They are still in contact with one another about ten years after they were reunited.
That said, I still believe the decision is an individual one. Because one woman is strong enough, and has the resources to carry a pregnancy to term when that pregnancy happened because of a rape does not mean that every woman is strong enough to do it or has the family and social resources to do it.
Women are wise. They make wise decisions for themselves . They can look at their own situation and the resources available to them and decide for themselves whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term. They do not need to be pushed and pulled by any outside forces, including churches or religion. We should leave things that way.

Melli

posted September 16, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Boris, I couldn’t have said it better myself! I think you covered all the bases and I agree.
Efforts to restrict and/or ban abortion, birth control, Plan B, etc., are all the ways of the Religious Right in an effort to turn their beliefs into the law of the land. They seek to shame, subjugate, control, etc., women.
What if Jehovah’s Witnesses, instead of Christians, were in a position to turn their beliefs into law and banned blood transfusions? An extreme example maybe, but then would the Religious Right, et al, see why the wall of separation must be protected?
Abortion is a legal medical procedure that 85% of women already have covered in their insurance policy. Reform should improve, not reduce.

DSJulian

posted September 16, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Gerard Nadal: “In what system of jurisprudence, anywhere in the world apart from abortion, do we inflict capital punishment on the child because of the father’s crime?”
What a perfect description of every legal system based on Christian principles. Adam sinned, therefore we (all of Adam’s sons) are all sentenced to die. Did Jesus die for his own sin? Guess again.
The Old Testament says children are punished for the sins of their fathers to the third or fourth generation.
When David sinned with Bathsheba, his firstborn had to die for David’s sin. Do you think it is any different today?

Joanna

posted September 16, 2009 at 9:10 pm

So, Cara, that’s your answer for rape victims that become pregnant as a result of the rape? Round’em up, lock’em up, dope’em up, and hold them against their will until they give birth?
Wow. Just wow.
“Cara, meet Dr. Joseph Mengele, Dr. Mengele, meet Cara. I’m sure the two of you will have much to discuss…”
Cara, you don’t get to exercise your freedom of belief/religion at the expense of mine.

Joanna

posted September 16, 2009 at 9:14 pm

“http://mARGARET
wHO SAID 9 MONTHS OF DEDATION?
dOES NOT THE BABY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, MY DEAR FRIEND?
cARA”
Oh, and Cara dear, maybe you should ease up on whatever you were imbibing when you made this paticular post…..just a thought.

N. Lindzee Lindholm

posted September 16, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Even as you stated, Rev. Lynn, there are a “few exceptions”. Exceptions, be gone!
People argue about partisanship of the Legislature in the Health Care Plan. The liberal left are the ones being partisan. If you really care about people without coverage, then you should not have introduced a piece that was so controversial, but instead sought cohesiveness, and as Dr. Jay stated, avoiding the hot-button issues.

posted September 17, 2009 at 4:59 pm

No darlings, I thought I would write a bit differenty , since there is no common thread between us. Those who want to save children at the doctors office, and those who want to let people kill children at the doctors office.
Joanna, Melli, whatever? It seems that you have exspaining to do at God’s post when you die. I certainly am not going to be sitting around making post to try and convince you of protecting children.
Birds of a feather, flock together!!
No I am not saying tie up the rape victim and give them sedatives until they give birth. Sorry, your trying to write that murdering a child is a better choice!!
Wrong,
CARA

posted September 17, 2009 at 5:06 pm

The reason, I am writing blogs differently, with caps and some uncapped is to bring more light to the subject, seeing how there are a majority of people who care about a women to murder a child at the the child’s exspense.
Cara
Not confused, right on target.
Don’t you remember Dr. Seuss books, with all the riddles and what not. I get a bit bored seeing the same old non sence dictating children should be killed under our government rule.
REDICULOUS
No mental confusion here, although there might be some to the fact that people don’t care about children living and breathing in this country. They care about murdering choices with our law backing them.
WRONG AGAIN !!
If we don’t have some kind of leadership deciding that children have the right to be protected under The United States Constitution because it states that our posterity have the right to a defence. What I didn’t know is the fact that we would be fighting our own government to this issue. Pointing out in our very own Constitution that our posterity are just that, our posterity!!

posted September 17, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Pippy loves kids and is not imaginary, at all. In fact, she has children of her own and she is all grown up.
She was just upset at the lack of conscern for the humen good of it all. People loving people. Jesus existed, now if you don’t want to believe that, Boris, I don’t know what to say. Do some more research, seeing how you have missed the point and would wrather poke fun at eternal existance.
Pippy

posted September 17, 2009 at 5:13 pm

People
Cara

posted September 17, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Cara, I will have absolutely no problem standing before the Trinity on the day of judgement. They are my Masters and I am not afraid of Them; they know my heart, my mind and my soul.
And, since you want to reference God, then how about leaving the matter in His hands. God doesn’t need any assistance minding His business. And abortion is one of those areas; a personal decision made by the woman who is pregnant (by whatever circumstances), and its a matter that really is between her and God.
I know, I know, we’ll never see eye to eye….either side of the issue, however, you destroy your own credibility when you assume that anyone who is “pro-choice” is simply some raving atheist with an agenda to murder babies.

Joanna

posted September 17, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Phewy…..my name didn’t stay put when I refreshed the screen….the preceeding post was mine.

posted September 18, 2009 at 2:34 am

Cause and effect!
Realize when you give people legal option through your vote of pro-murder, it is just that.
So you can’t take up no like you weren’t a part of the option when your giving the choice to do so, thus giving way to a side of legalizing the murder itself. This in fact is a part of the murder of the child. You give the choice, then that person was given the right through legal activity to murder through your vote.
Judgement
Don’t worry about me, I would much wrather talk to the Christians of the world which are actually in line with the book. Light on darkness, is not giving way through legal activity of voting to give people the option of murder. God does say put people in authority to break his commandments by your vote. Do what you will with your body, this is another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cara
God knows what is right and letting people murder their children and not protecting the little children is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I would much wrather deal with family who actually cares what happens to me, wrather then people who think of themselves and say it was not there choice who did it. When does the culture care for the neighbor. Enough said, you get my drift. Yes, the bible gives way to the ability to choose, but it does not say to legalize the murder or vote for the policy , now does it? This would be a part of the activity, darkness.

posted September 18, 2009 at 2:38 am

Joanna
Sorry no can do with Christians who claim to side with letting people murder children.
Cara

Trylon

posted September 18, 2009 at 6:30 am

A suggestion for Barry Lynn.
An individual with whose life story you should be acquainted is Canadian physician Dr. Henry Morgentaler. After beginning with his entry on Wikipedia, and such other written source material as you can locate, by all means reach out to Henry and interview him for your journal.

posted September 18, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Whatever Cara….
Its obvious to me that you and I also would disagree on the nature of God’s grace. And just as you have no use for me, I have no use for Christians like you (so we’re even, probably just as well).

Former Fetus

posted September 18, 2009 at 7:31 pm

As a former fetus…..I thank EVERYONE that has ever done anything (except for maybe killing an abortionist…that ain’t so cool….but, perhaps “deserved”…I digress) I repeat, I thank EVERYONE for all they have sacrificed for the unborn.  God will have the final say.  Our nation will be severely judged for our stance on abortion.  Go Jay, Go Rev. Barry…fight the good fight.

posted September 19, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Ow, I know of God’s grace who save me from people like you who want to stick up for murdering choices. It is interesting to not that you poke and jab at me , for I am protecting the child from murder. Not that I have a say in the manner, but at least I am saying that it is wrong and it should be made illegal.
I am not saying that there is not forgiveness in the matter. I am saying, if your going to call yourself a Christian, than act and vote like it. Yes we do fall short of the mark. It is just when the I see fellow Christians who seem to be all caught up in their worldly views which are not consistant with the ideals of God loving others, which would include saving lives. Not the innocent being killed and presumed guilty. I will never see eye to eye with a person who critisizes the person who is trying to protect those children. Who cares if you call yourself family, when you consistantly put me and others down. I certainly didn’t put you down. Remember, you were the one that attacked my character, not I, yours. I was only pointing out, no matter how many times you go to church, if your not going to say what is wrong is wrong and what is right is right, then realy your doing the church more harm than good, regardless of your education and philosophical views. For he did not come into the world to kill it, he came to redeem it from sin, not to become part of it with a vote. Which this is a physical part in the act, by the way. It is an actual part in the decision making process. You can’t act like that was not a part of your decision when you yourself put it forth by your vote. If we have one voice, let it be heard loud as to bringing forth life. Not by choosing to let others decide to murder their children.
Cara Floyd
God bless America and the children around the globe. amen

Mr. Incredible

posted September 19, 2009 at 4:10 pm

==God doesn’t need any assistance minding His business.==
Really?? That’s not what HE says:
(1Co 3:9) For we are labourers together with God…

Mr. Incredible

posted September 19, 2009 at 4:30 pm

==When will the religious right finally learn that a fetus is NOT a person.==
When the law changes and does not treat the unborn as persons.
== They can’t even feel anything anyway.==
If we are to break an unborn person with a pin, who feels it, the mother or the unborn person?
== Sometimes people make mistakes and shouldn’t…==
VALUE JUDGMENT ALERT! VALUE JUDGMENT ALERT! VALUE JUDGMENT ALERT!
==… have to continue the pregnancy.==
So, in YOUR world, the child must pay for the “crime” of the parents. We get it.
==Also in the case of rape it is sick that a pro-lifer would ask the mother to carry the baby to term, even if to adopt.==
If the unborn child is a person, that person is protected by the Constitution cuz ALL persons are protected by the Constitution. The child should not have to pay for the crime.
== That baby will grow up to be a person someday…==
What “baby”? We thought you people said that it is not a baby. Which is it?
Anyway, the law treats the unborn as a person, beginning at conception.
==… and what if the mother was to meet them as a child or adult.==
So, what if? How will she know that that person is her child? Wouldn’t she be reminded every time she runs into any person?
== It would be too late to kill it [sic]…==
“It”? To you, a child/adult is an “it”?
==… then so the mother would be reminded of the rape…==
You mean to tell us that she wouldn’t have been living with it every day already?

Mr. Incredible

posted September 19, 2009 at 4:37 pm

DSJulian
September 15, 2009 3:47 PM
——————————————————————–
Who says?
Where the subject of “abortion” is a matter of public policy, it is a matter for public discussion.
DSJulian
September 15, 2009 3:47 PM
And universal health care should not be held hostage by a handful of anti-choice zealots…
——————————————————————–
DSJulian
September 15, 2009 3:47 PM
… who simply cannot accept the fact that pregnancy termination is a legal medical practice.
——————————————————————–
Except where the termination of the pregnancy would kill a person, since ALL persons are protected by the Constitution.

Mr. Incredible

posted September 19, 2009 at 4:44 pm

September 15, 2009 11:44 PM
Cara a fetus cannot be given rights that conflict with a woman’s rights.
——————————————————————–
If the unborn are persons, and the Constitution protects ALL persons, then the undue burden Roe sets up becomes a due burden.
September 15, 2009 11:44 PM
It is there only by the woman’s permission and permissions are NOT rights.
——————————————————————–
She can give permission only where the law gives its permission.
If the unborn are persons, and the Constitution protects ALL persons, then the unborn are protected by the Constitution. That trumps whatever permissions of the woman.
September 15, 2009 11:44 PM
Rights must be considered as a whole.
——————————————————————–
You mean, like, the Right to choose must be seen in light of the Right to bear arms and the Right to vote?

posted September 19, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Boris says: Mr. Incredible in your version of this issue your whole case rests on “if the unborn are persons…” but they aren’t. The unborn are potential persons, NOT persons. If A has the potential to become B then A cannot already be B. Roe verses Wade is settled law. If you don’t believe me ask any of the seven anti-choice Supreme Court Justices.
She can give permission only where the law gives its permission.
Boris says: That’s right and we have law that gives its permission, laws that were written and passed by government officials. Now your Bible demands that you obey both these officials and these laws. Christians are not supposed to take their disputes before non-Christian courts or judges. (“If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?” — 1 Corinthians 6:1 NIV). Clearly it is the job of Christians to obey the laws, and the laws of this country clearly state that abortion is legal. So Christians should respect and honor that law. God commands them to NOT disobey, which entails attempting to get the law overturned. If your God wanted abortion to be illegal he wouldn’t have appointed authorities to make it legal.
Boris says: That’s right. Taking away reproductive rights, rights women had during the time the Constitution was written and ratified, is no different than taking away other rights. You don’t mind people losing their rights as long as you don’t lose any of yours. You’re just a typical Christian hypocrite.

posted September 20, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Incredible blurted without thinking this piece of ignorance: it’s not. The president as a Democrat. Congress is majority Democrat. What’s your problem? What’s THEIR problem? All they have to do is ram it through, against the wishes of the majority of Americans, and wait for the consequences next election. That’s easy enough, isn’t it?
Boris says: Incredible how is 18 percent of the population a majority? How did a majority of Democrats appear in congress if the majority of the population wasn’t Democrats? ROFL! I love how Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and O’Reilly all claim we’ll vote the Democrats out of congress next election. With what votes? After the next election there probably won’t even be a Republican Party anymore. I predict 535 Democrats next election and so do the polls right now.
Boris says: A fetus isn’t a person and therefore isn’t something that can be killed. Also Mr. Incredible Liar, where exactly does the Constitution say that a fetus is a person? Perhaps before you tell us all what the Bible and the Constitution say you might want to actually read these things. Obviously you are totally unfamiliar with both of them.

posted September 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Boris says: The brain of a fetus is not developed enough to sense pain until the eighth month at which time abortions are illegal unless the mother’s life is in danger. You lose AGAIN Incredible. Keep posting though because I ant everyone to see just how stupid and dangerous the anti-choice crowd is. Well there’s not enough of you to even be a crowd anymore. Your tiny group of imbeciles is more like it.

posted September 20, 2009 at 4:38 pm

You call a baby a fetus, so what, you don’t feel any shame in the way you vote? That fetus is also a male or female. Which include, a women or a man as well in the developing individual.
So to say that one person has the right over another is the problem.
Just because the fetus, can’t yell and scream at you for blogging the entry of agreeing with the fact that the women can choose to murder her child, does not give it anything less then a murder which was unenterrupted by you. You vote, matters. Don’t be a physical act of the murder itself, by contributing to the legalization of physician murdering children through abortion or Embryonic Stem-Cell research.
There you go. So if your going to be a person of any self-worth, try protecting others, instead of giving way to others killing others.
Miss. Life Saver

posted September 21, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Cara,
Boris says: Just ignore my posts.
You call a baby a fetus, so what, you don’t feel any shame in the way you vote?
Boris says: You call an undeveloped fetus a baby so that you don’t feel any shame calling terminating a pregnancy murder when it isn’t. Abortion never has been murder and it never will be either. And in my opinion people who believe in the stupid things you do should NOT be allowed to vote.
So to say that one person has the right over another is the problem.
Boris says: Then why do you keep insisting that we give a fetus that cannot live on its own rights over a taxpayer?
Boris says: The fact that a fetus cannot do any of those things proves it isn’t a human being but only a potential human being.
Boris says: Abortion is not murder. That and the fact that there is no God are two things you can either accept or drive your self nuts.
Boris says: I fully intend to protect women and their reproductive rights from religious fanatics like you. That’s who I’m protecting from evil, the evil of Christian dogma and superstitions.

Saved

posted September 22, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Hi Boris,
Illegal aliens don’t pay taxes, should we shoot them, should we take away their inalienable rights as human beings? I guess they can live on their own, though.
Even if you don’t agree with our stand on the status of the “fetus”, do you know there are over 4000 abortions performed each day? Do you want you tax dollars going to pay for a couple of unresponsible, most likely intoxicated people who were to lazy to use birth control? If so I would like some cosmetic surgery, since tax payers are picking up the tab on elective surgery.
We believe those clumps of cells are human beings because given a chance that’s what they would become, not a chicken or a cow and also our God told us.
Jeremiah 1:4-5 “The word of the LORD came to me, saying
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;”

posted September 23, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Saved
Boris says: Exactly.
Boris says: Studies such as the most recent one by Johns Hopkins have shown that abortions occur at exactly the same rate in countries where abortion is illegal as in countries where it is legal. Do you know that in the few countries where abortions are still illegal an average of 186 women die every day from botched abortions? No matter what your stand is on the status of fetuses making abortions illegal will not stop them or even reduce the rate at which women get them. Making abortions illegal will only make them dangerous.
Boris says: Yes I do. The prison system is full of unwanted grown children each one costing the taxpayers 40,000 or 50,000 dollars a year. I can think of a lot worse thing my tax dollars have been wasted on over the years like these stupid wars in the Middle East for one thing among many.
Boris says: You know you have a very valid point here. Of all the minorities and people groups that have to struggle in life because of other people’s inconsideration, prejudices and presumptions like say fat people, crippled people, blind people, ugly people are the most discriminated against people in the world. They have trouble finding friends, lovers and even jobs – the last point being a good reason for elective surgery being paid for by the government. I mean such surgery could increase a person’s earning potential dramatically and therefore they would be paying a lot more taxes. Write your congressmen with your idea and my reasoning. Let’s make the world a more beautiful place.
Jeremiah 1:4-5 “The word of the LORD came to me, saying
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;”
Boris says: Yes but we believe that those clumps of cells do not become a human until the third trimester. What this human becomes depends on its environment and parenting. It doesn’t have a preordained existence but a life of chance and circumstance.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting LynnvSekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow: Faith and Justice  Happy Reading!

posted 11:26:38am Aug. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Lynn V. Sekulow. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Jay Sekulow's Faith and Justice Happy Reading!!!

posted 10:36:04am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

More to Come
Barry,   It's hard to believe that we've been debating these constitutional issues for more than two years now in this space.  I have tremendous respect for you and wish you all the best in your new endeavors.   My friend, I'm sure we will continue to square off in other forums - on n

posted 4:52:22pm Dec. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Thanks for the Memories
Well Jay, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Note to people who are really happy about this: I'm not leaving the planet, just this blog.As I noted in a personal email, after much thought, I have decided to end my participation and contribution to Lynn v. Sekulow and will be doing some blogging

posted 12:24:43pm Nov. 21, 2010 | read full post »

President Obama: Does He Get It?
Barry,   I would not use that label to identify the President.  I will say, however, that President Obama continues to embrace and promote pro-abortion policies that many Americans strongly disagree with.   Take the outcome of the election - an unmistakable repudiation of the Preside

posted 11:46:49am Nov. 05, 2010 | read full post »