Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

Country-fied 'Like A Prayer'

Once Little Big Town joins in, this rendition sort of works.

James Williams

posted March 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I’ve liked Nettles’ voice since around 2005. Love it, actually. But her song choices have gotten weirder and weirder over the years.

bill (cycleguy)

posted March 22, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Okay…so I don’t like Sugarland (what I have heard). I never liked Madonna. And I don’t like country music. Tell me again what works? :)

Crystal Renaud

posted March 22, 2011 at 3:36 pm

i couldn’t make it long enough to hear Little Big town. jennifer nettles voice makes me wish i were deaf or at least hard of hearing.

Carole Turner

posted March 22, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Preach that sister!!! I want to scratch my ears off my head when she starts singing and now stinkin’ Jon Bon Jovi sings every song like he’s the male version of her awfulness!

James Williams

posted March 23, 2011 at 9:41 am

It’s funny how Nettles’ voice does that to people. They either love or hate her voice. I love it. Don’t always love her songs, though.

Try this: it’s almost acapella. Great vocal performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPG1n1B0Ydw

bruce

posted March 22, 2011 at 4:17 pm

is there something wrong with the audio – all i hear is finger nails on a chalkboard? bring back madonna for this one.

Matthew Lyon

posted March 22, 2011 at 4:54 pm

but hey! at least i’m getting an offer of $50 towards any size canvas or a FREE 8×10 canvas at Canvas People!

matt bortmess

posted March 22, 2011 at 8:15 pm

ok, so Little Big Town does bring some redemption to it. Anything Little Big Town sings I’ll listen to. Not so much with Sugarland.

Kevin

posted March 23, 2011 at 6:36 am

I had to Google these bands… never heard of either one.

Pingback: World Spinner

Matt from OH-IO

posted March 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

Pretty sure I just got a glimpse of what water boarding must be like. That was awful from beginning to end.

JoelR

posted March 23, 2011 at 9:45 am

I just want to know what’s country-fied about this? Country is Merle Haggard, Hank Williams and Johnny Cash. This ain’t nothing but pop hit retread.

JoelR

posted March 23, 2011 at 9:54 am

That was a little harsh. Sorry, Matt.

BJ

posted March 24, 2011 at 9:29 am

Merle, Hank, & Johnny WERE country, just like the Beatles & Elvis WERE rock. The times they are a-changin. :)