Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

When the light of Christ isn’t quite enough… Neon Christianity!

Alise

posted September 9, 2010 at 9:54 am

The Jesus shooting lasers from his hands is my favorite. He looks a little Darth Sidious there.

David

posted September 9, 2010 at 10:14 am

I love neon! And I personally find it very spiritual. But what is “Ecce Homo” for $500?

ReleventISHpastor

posted September 9, 2010 at 10:34 am

I love neon. I would love to see pictures of an artist who mainly specializes in doing neon sculptures, not sure how they’d do that, but I would love to see it.

Matthew Paul Turner

posted September 9, 2010 at 10:37 am

I love neon too. Well, I like it at night.

David

posted September 9, 2010 at 10:46 am

You have this entry categorized at “Catholic”, aren’t you worried about the Baptists in image number #7? ;o)

Silica

posted September 9, 2010 at 12:19 pm

There’s a “Jesus Saves” cross like that in North Carolina near where my husband and I vacation. If it wasn’t among a bunch of other sprawl it might look kind of cool at night instead of trashy…unfortunately it looks awful in the daytime no matter what.

Jamie the Very Worst Missionary

posted September 9, 2010 at 1:58 pm

My kids go to a private Catholic school that has a giant monument to its namesake which looks alright during the day, but at night they’ve got dear, sweet Saint Cecilia lit up like a $2 hooker, a really pious looking $2 hooker.

I kinda like it.

Darcy

posted September 9, 2010 at 3:01 pm

The Jesus with the lazer beams shooting from his hands is creeping me out.

Leanne

posted September 9, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I like the one “Jesus is the light of the World—Rev. A. Sharp’s Invention.” I always thought John, the Gospel writer, wrote those words first…..

Jennifer

posted September 10, 2010 at 8:06 am

The Philadelphia Church sign (and church!) is in my neighborhood in Chicago – fun to see it here!

Joel

posted September 10, 2010 at 9:06 am

The only thing wrong with this post is that I didn’t think of it!

Benton

posted September 10, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Does anyone else think of Arcade Fire when they see that last picture?

Rebecca

posted September 11, 2010 at 11:00 am

The sinless church in NL uses neon lights too…

Denise

posted September 11, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I used to pass the Philadelphia Church sign all the time when I lived in Chicago. It wasn’t far from my neighborhood!

nazani14

posted September 15, 2010 at 7:57 am

They’re just trying to catch up with the Muslims. Stores all over Egypt have neon “Allahs” in the window.