Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

A Woman Really Enjoying Church (like REALLY enjoying it.)

God or a full moon… you decide.

Found at Christian Nightmares.

Charlie's Church of Christ

posted September 24, 2010 at 4:29 pm

I can’t tell if that guy at the end of the aisle is celebrating the woman’s experience or keeping a watchful/supervisory eye on her

ro

posted September 24, 2010 at 4:51 pm

There is a fine line between deciding and judging. Just saying.

Leanne

posted September 24, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I attended a pentecostal church for a while. It is easy to get caught up in the emotions. It seems every sin you commit is caused by a demon at times and so casting out demons becomes part of the liturgy.
Since leaving, I have often wondered, “what if that is what it looks like when God really shows up in the midst of broken, sinful people?” I usually shake that off and rationalize it away…..

Dale Best

posted September 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

What bothers me is no one seemed to consider moving the little boy who was sitting next to the man who was violently convulsing. Had “the demon” being purged out of that man lunged toward the boy, this church would’ve made the headlines.

El Ben

posted September 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

My personal experiences/opinions aside, I’d hate to have a seizure in this church. They’d probably just think it was “The Holy Ghost” or something.

Epilipsy>Holy Ghost.

Susan

posted September 24, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I think it’s stress relief in the only place they can get away with it. How many days have I wanted to sit and scream after dealing with a classroom full of children at work and a teenager at home? Shaking and/or running in circles barefooted would work, too.

Grant

posted September 25, 2010 at 3:19 am

I think this is just gospel music added to a scene from a David Lynch film.

nazani14

posted September 25, 2010 at 9:06 am

The dance is rather nice; who doesn’t like slim young women twirling around?
If everyone would do a lot more gardening, sports, yodeling, hard rock headbanging, or whatever relieves stress, we’d all have fewer “demons.” It’s when we’re expected to be meek, asexual and uncomplaining that energy, usually bad, bursts out.

Why would you say that the screaming woman was enjoying her experience? Are you alluding to sex? This is a “I just found my puppy with its throat slit” kind of scream! I’m not saying that sexual repression doesn’t play a part in her misery or that of the shaking young man, they may feel better after the episode, but this is not a happy experience. I see lots of comments poking fun at people who speak in tongues, etc, but we need to remember that we all can have irrational episodes, for a wide range of causes.

Corrigan

posted September 25, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Huh. Turns out demon possessed white people don’t have any more rhythm than regular white people – which should cause some denominations to reconsider their stance on dancing.

Pingback: Tweets that mention A Woman Really Enjoying Church (like REALLY enjoying it.) | Jesus Needs New PR -- Topsy.com

Brent

posted September 25, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I live in the Dallas area and this ‘church’ is in Plano. Doyle davidson, their ‘pastor’ is something else. This place is where the lady dena schlosser, who cut her baby’s arms off with a knife, attended. This place is beyond Pentecostal and is a joke. I grew up in the Assemblies of God and this place is beyond anything I’ve ever seen. I’ve joked about wanting to go visit this place just to find out what these people are really thinking. They sit there and take verbal abuse from Doyle and just have blank faces. This is definitely more of a cult.

Dan

posted September 25, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Looks like they’ve been smoking salvia.

Shelby

posted September 25, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I don’t get how people can sit there and like not pay attention to what is going on, if some lady was screaming i would be rubbernecking it trying to see why.

Mark P V

posted September 25, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Disturbingly edited disturbing video content.

People don’t rubberneck because its supposed to be their own time to deal with their demons and/or manifestations of the holy spirit. I have been in a lot of “charistmatic renewal churches” and seen things similar to this, but this does feel very over-the-top. I have no doubt that people may be experiencing unique spiritual manifestions, however, they need to have people counseling and .. @dale best I agree they need to have someone tell the little boy that the convulsing Daddy needs a little space.

Can anyone confirm what @brent says that “This place is where the lady dena schlosser, who cut her baby’s arms off with a knife, attended” …

… its all very disturbing to me. But not as much as international news of wars, rapes in the Congo, and gang-rapes at high-school party keggers here at home.

…Its all a war of some kind. I kinda get why Muslims favor the doctrine of “jihad” and that Christians talk about “Spiritual warfare”… its real stuff, but getting a handle on it in a sane, clear minded way is quite another story.

Recovering Alumni

posted September 25, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Actually, Doyle Davidson’s church is a full-blown cult.

Spiritual Klutz

posted September 30, 2010 at 7:51 am

I really don’t want to laugh. I really tried not to laugh. It didn’t work.