Jesus Needs New PR

Jesus Needs New PR

And the award for ‘Most Awkward Sermon Visual’ goes to…

Click here to read the TRUE HILARIOUS STORY of this photo being used in an actual 2007 church service.

IT INCLUDES THIS DETAIL… After the teaching, [the pastor] called the ushers forward to serve communion and instructed the video person to put that slide back up so that we could meditate upon it.

Pingback: Tweets that mention And the award for ‘Most Awkward Sermon Visual’ goes to… | Jesus Needs New PR -- Topsy.com

paul

posted July 30, 2010 at 7:59 am

How does that happen. Do you think they realized at somepoint?

RoddyG

posted July 30, 2010 at 8:07 am

Wow… seriously?! Who would post that and not have thought, “Hmm… that looks a little familiar??”

RobM

posted July 30, 2010 at 8:13 am

I went to Pensacola Christian College, and their administration would have innuendo slipped into their announcements ALL THE TIME. They had a new collegian pick the mascot “Beavers” once that 2 days later they had to reannounced was now the Sharks, and not the Beavers. They pronounced “Victoria Regina” like it was 1 letter off from “Victoria Vagina”. I think there are a lot of poeple that are clueless about this kind of stuff.

Noelle

posted July 30, 2010 at 8:34 am

What? All I see is bread.

sam

posted July 30, 2010 at 8:38 am

haha…. funny! how can one not notice while choosing this pic?? oh well, laughing is good for our souls ;-)

in my church there was a powerpoint that had a pretty weird picture in it as well. Not like the ‘bread’picture, but something I wouldnt show either…. Check pic #3…. Try keeping the guys/men’s focus on the preaching after that one! ô.O
Oh and #4 is odd as well, but ‘pretty normal’ in the Netherlands, where I live… *sigh*

Bob Chapman

posted July 30, 2010 at 8:42 am

Just as I am, without one plea…
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Craig

posted July 30, 2010 at 9:39 am

I don’t have a problem with it. Bread is life! (gay humor)

Jonathan Chang

posted July 30, 2010 at 9:57 am

Jesus truly is the head of the church.

nicodemusatnite.blogspot.com

Sydney

posted July 30, 2010 at 10:30 am

Woah! Ummm, woah! I guess the church must have been of the belief that only “the wordly” would see something other than a basket full of bread.

RevJATB (KnowTea)

posted July 30, 2010 at 10:38 am

What I’m wondering is, why do some people think we need a “visual aid” for every flippin’ thing, as if we have no imaginations ourselves? I don’t necessarily think a scene of a waterfall or a chirping bird on a branch behind or next to the lyrics of the song we’re singing exactly enhances the experience. It makes me want to ralph. Cheez-Wiz.

And as far as Communion goes, um, I think the visual aid in question is–the BREAD and the WINE! Why do we try to improve on things that need no improvement? Talk about gilding a lily . . .

And I’m sorry, but how thick in the head would you have to be not to get the point of that poster?

cap'n

posted July 30, 2010 at 10:50 am

I didn’t know baguettes were Jewish. The scar healed well, though.

sharideth

posted July 30, 2010 at 11:55 am

comment win

RobM

posted July 30, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Very much win! No need for any other comments. Thank you, cap’n.

RevJATB (KnowTea)

posted July 30, 2010 at 11:48 am

Cap’n, Matthew should give awards for Comment of the Day, and that should win for the WEEK!

JVo

posted July 30, 2010 at 2:01 pm

“Rise Up, O Men of God.”

sharideth

posted July 30, 2010 at 10:39 pm

again, comment win

alissa

posted July 31, 2010 at 5:52 pm

am i the only one who immediately thought “THE SPICE IS LIFE!!

oh life fail for this nerd. :’-(

jaymestewart

posted August 2, 2010 at 10:40 am

it was more than likely a blind church..

Claire

posted August 3, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Oh gosh. As soon as I saw that photo, I had to do a double take.