Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

After You Believe: Announcement

posted by Scot McKnight

Beginning next week, I will begin a series on Tom Wright’s new book, After You Believe: Why Christian Character Matters
, and hope you can get the book and read along with us. This book is about Christian virtue and why it matters.

Aaron

posted March 3, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Sweet – I’m excited!

RJS

posted March 3, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Does this book develop his ideas of Christian virtue?

Stephen Mook

posted March 3, 2010 at 12:45 pm

RJS,
It devolps his ideas through how he sees Christian virtue being taught throughout the New Testament.

Scot McKnight

posted March 3, 2010 at 12:51 pm

RJS, yes.

RJS

posted March 3, 2010 at 1:02 pm

He had a lecture or so on this last winter – one in Feb 2009 at Fuller in particular that I found very good and thought provoking. It was available as an mp3 – but now seems to be available only through iTunesU – great stuff. (NT Wright page toward the bottom: Fuller Theological Seminary, February 2009: Learning the Language of Life: New Creation, and Christian Virtue (iTunes)
Looks like I am going to have to get the book.

Clay Knick

posted March 3, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Bought my copy yesterday at Borders with a gift card my wife gave me. Looking forward to this, Scot.

bryonm

posted March 3, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Got mine. I’ll be reading along. Are you working from a schedule?

Paul

posted March 3, 2010 at 3:30 pm

It’s in the mail from Amazon. Should arrive in the next day or so and I will likely begin a series as well. Would love to see some discussion on the intersection between spiritual disciplines and the development of Christian virtue, as I see a considerable gap between them. Clearly the former should give rise to the gradual increase of the latter.

Ted M. Gossard

posted March 3, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Looks wonderful. Can’t wait to read it myself!

Bob Robinson

posted March 4, 2010 at 9:01 am

JoanieD

posted March 4, 2010 at 10:52 am

I pre-ordered the book from Amazon, so I should have it soon. I LOVE Bishop Wright!

John W Frye

posted March 4, 2010 at 11:16 am

Scot,
I saw this N.T. Wright book at “The Bookstore” (Eerdmans) here in G.R. and was intrigued by the introduction. This should be a very stimulating series of posts.