Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

A Letter from a Student

posted by Scot McKnight

This letter, printed here with permission, is from one of my students who is wondering about going into a ministry … and she’s a young woman… which can complicate matters.

Dear Scot,
Recently, I’ve really been wondering what I will be doing with my life. I believe I can serve God anywhere and that that call is my highest call, above whatever vocation I pursue. I haven’t solidified my beliefs on whether I think God has an exact, specific path my life “should” follow, or if He desires only that I follow and serve Him and that the rest really all comes under His plan as long as I am not living in sin. Still working on, praying through, and struggling with that one.
That said, I have really been coming to some sort of realization that what I want to do with my life is ministry. More than just the “our whole lives are meant to be ministry”. But in the very deliberate, intentional action and heart of giving my life to God for the purpose of Him realizing His Kingdom in me and in others, desiring that He use me in a way to help bring that about.

I’m starting to see connections among my gifts and my passions and am seeing trends in my life that point that this is likely the life I am headed into (and am actively trying to live in now). I feel weird even typing it or considering it seriously because it all seems so foreign and unlikely, yet so exhilarating and potentially life-altering, but I’m starting to wonder if I might become a pastor or a church-planter
I grew up in a [church where women aren’t ordained and where] men were the only leaders, and women could not so much as pray in public. I remember even as a kid thinking I wanted to be in youth ministry, but I couldn’t be a minister. It wasn’t allowed. I prayed regularly that I would marry a youth minister so I could marry into that sort of Kingdom work. I have since attended many denominations of churches and honestly don’t know what many of them believe about women in ministry or other controversial topics that I find directly pertinent to my faith. And at times, I have been burned by pursuing certain things that I believe to be of God, being hushed by implied messages of “That really shouldn’t happen in the Church.”
Though I [challenge] “Christian culture” in so many ways, all the words and debates I have seem to falter when it applies so directly to me. In some ways, I still feel obliged to respect the authority of the church. But I struggle with this because I believe that the authority of God is greater than the authority of the church, and frankly, the church doesn’t have it all together.
How do I work through this tension when I am fighting against patterns that are so ingrained in the church, and unfortunately so ingrained in me as a result?

Matt

posted February 22, 2010 at 12:53 am

Don’t have all of the answers, but – as a guy who has spent more than 20 adult years in the laity of two or three churches – I can tell you that I’ve benefited greatly from the wisdom, guidance, and nurturing that have come from the female ministers and pastors in those churches.
Also, based on more general experience, I would say its important to try and find someone who is already doing what you are thinking about doing and talking to her about her experiences.

Mark

posted February 22, 2010 at 2:27 am

I have been in the same process of determining my call to Ministry and that’s where I feel God is calling me. It is a hard thing to ignore. I’ve been wrestling with the decision for about 3 years and now that I’ve made the first step, I just know that’s the direction I should be going.
Well anyway,
If you feel like it is something deep in your heart, God put it there so, don’t ignore it. As Matt said, Find other women in ministry and ask them. I grew up in the Lutheran church and I know lots of very awesome female Pastors. I struggled with the denomination thing in college so take to time to read to scripture, figure out where you stand and where some of the other denominations stand. Ask questions? There is no easy answer but, “If you seek, you will find. If you knock, the door will be opened unto you. Ask and you shall receive.”

chad m

posted February 22, 2010 at 3:19 am

i know several amazing women in ministry who had to overcome this same tension. their testimonies are incredible. all i can say is this, “i’m sorry.” as a male in leadership in the church, i encourage you to investigate, follow, and pursue God’s voice as he calls you to ministry. it’s all about the call.
in the end, no matter the tension, it is a question of call. if we believe God created man and woman and we believe the Holy Spirit gifts and indwells men and women, we need to believe God can gift and call women into ministry. i believe firmly in women in ministry.
but as i’ve said, in the end, it’s all about the call. shame on those who discourage anyone, male or female, who have been called by God to serve the Church. sister, know that there are men who care about you and your call, and know that there are women who have asked the same questions and have been delighted in the answers they have seen and heard!

angusj

posted February 22, 2010 at 6:04 am

I’ve lived most of my adult life in a conservative Anglican Diocese (Sydney Australia) where women are not allowed to lead parishes and the ordained women we do have are generally discouraged from preaching to men. While I respect the sincerity and authority of those who lead our diocese, I do strongly disagree with their interpretation of scripture – and it greatly saddens me. Those women who have felt called into parish ministry have a few choices – accept a limited ministry role leading/teaching women and children, move to another diocese or join another denomination. I believe 1 Peter 2:18-19 is a helpful guide in how we are to respond to continuing inequality, and that we are called to maintain church order while working patiently and humbly towards change.

melesa

posted February 22, 2010 at 6:38 am

Thank you for sharing this. As a young woman who’s getting ready to graduate college I have constantly wrestled with what seems to be a call to vocational ministry in a pastoral role. It is encouraging to hear other young women who are in this same boat.

Your Name

posted February 22, 2010 at 7:09 am

Unless you are planning on ministering in a church you have deep roots in, I would hesitate to work in a church that has many of these ingrained ideas. Most people/churches struggle with change…it takes a long, long time for even the most simple of changes (think music). And in the process, there is a strong likely hood that you may become a casualty of the fighting that takes place as people resist that change. If you have roots in a place, that might be a little different, as it will be easier for you to stay (and easier for people to accept you).
As a man I have no idea what a woman goes through in ministry. But I have been part of attempts (as pastors, supported by elders) to work towards changing a congregation. I also watched my mom work towards change in her church, as she sought to follow God’s lead as a “director”… I still remember all her nights crying in bed over the hurt and pain associated with what she was doing. It’s a long hard journey and it may be easier to find a position where you don’t have to fight so many battles within the church, so you can focus most of your energy on ministering in the way you feel led.
Because of the above struggles, I no longer am a pastor…my mom continues her struggles in the same church as a “director of ministry”

John W Frye

posted February 22, 2010 at 8:03 am

Dear Sister in Christ,
I, too, apologize that an *interpretation* of Scripture is allowed to prevail in some Christian circles that relegates women *in Christ* to secondary positions of ministry. Please know that many godly, Bible-focused, Christ-centered, Spirit-led pastors and scholars do not endorse and actually lament over the views that spawn your struggles. Please know, too, that many here at Jesus Creed are praying for and are *for* you in your journey. The peace of Christ, my colleague,
John

Dave H.

posted February 22, 2010 at 8:35 am

Hi! Thank you for publishing this thought provoking letter. I hope the responses are helpful to her. My heart really ached imagining the burden of history she is struggling under.
I’m curious what word(s) she originally used instead of “challenge” near the end.

KrisAnne

posted February 22, 2010 at 8:38 am

I would count it an honor and privilege to talk with you! I have been a youth minister, a worship minister and now work alongside a female church planter as her associate…. and I’m having a BLAST (it’s hard work, too)! There are evangelical denominations that bless and encourage women in pastoral leadership roles. It can still be a challenge, there are still stereotypes and we still bump up against those who are shocked and suspicious of women in leadership, but all in all I feel supported and respected and find my work very meaningful and fulfilling. Please contact me if you want to chat more. Blessings to you sister! Fan the gift into flame!

Nathan Creitz

posted February 22, 2010 at 8:55 am

I’d like to see this young woman grappling with Scripture to help her understand God’s will. As you know, many intelligent professors and pastors have come down on both sides of this issue of women serving as pastors based on their study of Scriptures. I would hope that she could spend time exploring God’s Word on the matter with an open mind. Not seeking to justify herself with proof texts but with a teachable and humble spirit, honestly asking God if this is the profession for her.
I’m not saying that for her God isn’t calling her to be a pastor, but I’ve seen too many people reading the Bible through an American lens. Some justify their extravagant lifestyles. Some layer their notions of men’s and women’s roles onto the text. Still others attempt to justify a complacent Christianity.
Those are just examples of how people can take their American ideals and force them onto God’s Holy Word. Again, I’m not saying this young woman’s calling isn’t valid, I would just want her to be sure that her motives are pure…that she has stripped away all the cultural and societal norms so that she can truly see what God is saying through His Word and His Spirit to her directly!

KrisAnne

posted February 22, 2010 at 8:59 am

I realize now that I did not, in my last post, say anything about how I worked through the tensions related to this issue…
I have found the articles and books at Christians for Biblical Equality quite helpful. There is so much evangelical literature published around “proper roles for men and women, ” but it is a bit more difficult to find solid research for gender equality. CBE is a great resource!!
As others have said, talking to other women (on both sides of the issue) is helpful. I would count a privilege to share my story with you and hear more of yours.
Finally, explore ministry… find ways to exercise your gifts and some forms of leadership and see how it fits and what kind of feedback you get (inner feedback in your soul and also from others). It’s okay to make mistakes (we all do) and to “try things on.” Embodying, experimenting and exploring is sometimes how we find answers. My children have taught me that! :)

rob

posted February 22, 2010 at 9:01 am

I don’t know where I am exactly on this particular issue, still open – I lean more towards the “complementarian” view, though. But it seems like Scripture encourages women to minister to women (Titus 2). This seems, to me, to be a unique and very needed ministry. If you say that this is a “lesser” ministry, don’t you buy into the understanding that you disagree with? In other words, to say that a woman ministering to other women (being a pastor to women) is somehow deficient or lesser ministry assumes that women are somehow lesser or deficient in Christ’s body. Does this make sense?

Julie Clawson

posted February 22, 2010 at 9:17 am

I think she is at a good place is realizing that most of the restrictions on women are far more cultural than biblical. While still painful, it is far easier to shift cultural settings.
I agree that she would greatly benefit from spending time with other women in ministry – hear their stories and even their struggles they continually face. But I’ve heard from too many women who refused to follow God and suppressed the urging of the Holy Spirit to minister to others out of a duty to cultural mores. Something died inside of them – they cut off part of their spiritual being to follow the patterns of the world instead of the Jesus – and they paid for it the rest of their lives. Ignoring the calling is the most dangerous thing she can do even though saying yes to God can seem equally dauting at times.

EricG

posted February 22, 2010 at 10:16 am

She might consider ministry in a mainline church, which are much more open to women in the ministry. Many evangelicals reject mainline churches out of hand without realizing there are, in fact, fairly conservative to moderate mainline congregations (which are also very accepting of women leaders). I made the switch from evangelical churches to a relatively conservative mainline church within PCUSA a couple years ago, which has been great. I now attend a church where one of the ministers is a woman — and my daughter can grow up in a church where she can see a woman as a minister.

Mike Stavlund

posted February 22, 2010 at 10:33 am

I’m an incrementalist in many areas of life and ministry, but not in this one. If you’d like to pursue ministry in a professional capacity, I’d recommend you find a place where your gifts will be embraced whole-heartedly. Though you are young, life is far too short to spend paddling upstream as you try to cautiously convince folks that you are a legitimate conduit of the life of God.
Of course, I’d also encourage you to think long and hard about professional ministry as a career. Working in communities as a volunteer or part-time staff person allows even more freedom to pursue your giftedness (and short-circuits many of the supposedly ‘theological’ objections which people bring).

JHM

posted February 22, 2010 at 10:56 am

I recently moved to New England where things can be a bit more liberal than the mountain West that I grew up in. The church I go to is non-denominational, and fairly conservative Evangelical. That said, there are a few women pastors on staff (and yes, they’re listed as “pastors” and not “directors”. It kinda blew me away when I first read it and honestly I felt a little weirded out by it, but some things you gotta just let go and chill out about. I seriously think God is much more concerned that the Gospel is being preached than about the person who’s doing the preaching!
From a nearby Boston church I found this really thoughtful and interesting work on the role of women from Dr. Gordon Hugenberger:

darrell a. harris

posted February 22, 2010 at 11:01 am

If the ordination of women is wrong someone should have told Jesus before he deputized the women to be the first heralds of his resurrection. And that to those in the apostolic inner circle. And someone should have alerted Paul, correcting him about both Junia and Phoebe. But that’s all been hashed about and licked around like a dog chasing its tail.
Perhaps the best path is to be involved in a new work. Sometimes its easier to launch something, as hard as that is, than it is to serve in a construct which puts unreasonable restrictions upon you. But depending upon ordination practice in your sector of the church, any service can end up being restricted.
Begin by evaluating what options God has made available to you. I remember a vocalist in a very successful and high-profile Christian music group complaining that the leader of that group didn’t give the other group members enough latitude to speak out on stage. The leader responded, “Well, I’ve put a microphone in your hand. How much more freedom do you need?”
What microphone has God put into your hand? And on what stage (metaphorically speaking?) My wife and I just watched the French film “Coco Before Chanel.” Coco Chanel began with an opportunity to design a few hats for friends. That eventually led to the establishment of a fashion giant.
My God bless you in your desire to serve him and in your pursuit of his guidance! You are in our prayers!
dh

DanJones

posted February 22, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I cringe a bit when I hear people speak of the submission side of authority/submission as being a “secondary position” or something a lesser class is relegated to. The role of those in submission is no less important than those in leadership authority. Anyone who has been committed to the workability and stability of an organization, whether business/church/school/government/charity knows that the only way long term health can be maintained is when there are those who take the responsibility of authority seriously AND those who take the responsibility of submission seriously.
In the boundaries of a church, this isn’t just a women/men thing. This is a leader/follower thing. Men in churches, as everywhere else, also have a responsibility to take submission to authority seriously. Submission is just as much a job to be done well as leading. Both are necessary when EVERYONE is called to serve Christ and his people within the context of community.
We need to start looking at authority and submission differently. It’s the world that sees those in submission as being “less than.” In Christ’s “right side up” Kingdom, those in submission are the most honored and rewarded for a job well done.
That being said, at the core of this issue is something that has deeply troubled me about Protestantism (of which I’m a part) for the last several years. If our ecclesiology is one where there is no single visible church authority (as it is in Protestantism where The Church Universal is really only invisible not to be fully revealed until the Eschaton), then how can there ever be any real submission/authority relationships as described in scripture? What I’m saying is, am I truly in submission to a leader, mentor, church, or community when all that is required for me to go against them and start my own thing is “my conscience?”
When my interpretation of scripture, and the interpretation of others who I prefer, is different than the church I’m supposedly submitted to, am I truly in submission when I choose to follow my conscience and either start my own church or join a different one…where my views are more appreciated?
This is the mark of Protestantism as I see it today. And, it’s not just views on scripture. It’s how youth ministry is done. It’s the kind of music used during service. It’s the women/men thing. It’s the works/faith – missional/attractional thing. It’s about building or not building. It’s about whether there should Sunday School or House Groups.
The question about women in ministry for a woman “submitted” to a community that doesn’t think women should lead/teach/whatever isn’t solely about what is right, just, or proper for women….it’s about our views on authority.
I think the real question each of us need to ask is whether I am serving Christ and His mission (His mission) right now, in the position I’m in with the resources I have (right now) to the greatest extent I can. If the answer isn’t a resounding yes, than going to another church or joining a different community where views and doctrines and practices are more in line with “my conscience” won’t help. Once there, there will simply be another reason for why we don’t serve to the degree we can and should.
I say all this with very sad heart for women in the church today. For as many women there are in churches where by doctrine they can’t be senior pastors…there’s just as many women who think they shouldn’t be pastors. When women leave a church over this issue, I can’t help but think the women who stay feel a great sense of loss and hurt. What does it mean for them who stay? Further, because so many churches do a poor job of discipling all people (men & women) into greater roles of service and responsibility in the Kingdom, too many “leave” to pursue “full time” ministry because they can’t see how else they can fully serve using the great gifts God’s given them. As those people leave, I can’t help but think the people who stay, and work 40-50 hr week’s in offices or factories or whatever, begin to feel a sense of inadequacy, as well as loss and hurt at seeing the people who perhaps they counted as mentors leave the church so they can find an “office” somewhere else. Eventually, that sense of inadequacy likely breeds laziness and nominalism…and then what is the church left with?
Do we really love community and family, and do we really believe in a doctrine of submission if deep in our praxis pocket we keep ready at hand the notion that we can leave as soon as our conscience allows? I don’t know. I’m really troubled by this. What I do know is that answering YES to that question is what is at the heart of Protestantism, and it’s precisely why the doctrine of an “invisible church universal” is necessary. Without that doctrine we can’t say YES, and if we can’t say YES to that question…Protestantism has a major problem. Again, this is why I’m so troubled by questions like that by your student.
DJ|AMDG
Disclaimer: I’m actually ok with women senior pastors in the proper context. (meaning) For me, it will always be about the Mission of God first. The Mission is best done in the proper context for each community. Not all communities operate under the same contexts.

Randy G.

posted February 22, 2010 at 12:12 pm

“Though I [challenge] “Christian culture” in so many ways, all the words and debates I have seem to falter when it applies so directly to me.”
I rejoice to see you struggling, because I believe that it is a sign that you are alive and are struggling with God toward his will for you.
Let God continue to direct you and continue to become comfortable with who you are and who God is making you to be. This more than ideas, it is how you live. You will need that strength as you engage (I prefer that to “challenge”) both Christian and secular culture. He will show you where he wants you.
God bless you.
peace,
Randy G.

Jinny

posted February 22, 2010 at 12:56 pm

We just started discussing this topic in systematic theology class this week! :)
It’s a difficult issue, but one thing that I found really helpful was my professor’s comment to separate the comments regarding marriage from the ones regarding women in general.
The headship comments, for example? They are about marriage.
It clears up muddied waters.
I appreciate that my seminary has taken steps to acknowledge the changing demographics of the student body, including e-mailing the women a comprehensive list of churches in the area that outlines their view on women as deacons, elders, and pastors (i.e. it listed a church name, then yes or no next to the positions they were open to accepting women in). If only it had been sent out earlier. It would have saved me much heartache in my search for field educations.

Barb

posted February 22, 2010 at 1:13 pm

As an older woman (and an ordained Elder) in the PC(USA)–where women have been ordained as pastors for 50 years and elders for 75–i urge to to find a variety of mentors–both women AND men who can help you determine your call. Our denomination has a pretty good process of helping those who believe they are called to begin as inquirers and be under the care of a particular church before they become true candidates for ordination.
At the time that I graduated from college, it was not common for women to progress to seminary. I’ve often thought that had I been encouraged to do so, I might have. BUT, looking back I can see how God chose to develop me in other ways and and now is giving me the opportunity to serve the church with my gifts.

Wes

posted February 22, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I recognize that I’m out of fashion on this topic in this thread, Scot (and I recognize the Covenant’s position on the issue and role in the discussion), but I’d also point out that many earnest and sincere believers hold a complementarian view on exegetical grounds which ought not merely be ignored or dismissed as cultural or historical baggage. I appreciate the struggle being discussed here… it is one that plays itself out in one way or another in the lives of many – maybe all – who want to serve God and find cultural issues to be addressed. But honesty requires admitting that there is at least an argument to be made that this isn’t a cultural issue at all. So in the wrestling, I’d certainly recommend weighing carefully the historical position of the Church, and at least considering that gender-based distinctions in leadership might actually be what the Bible teaches.

Peggy

posted February 22, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Dear Sister,
You will find there are lots of folks who have lots to say on all sides of this debate. I have had lots to say about it in previous Jesus Creed threads on women in ministry (I would encourage you to take a look at them sometime), but what I have to say now is this:
1. I grew up yearning to serve God, honoring his gifts. I spent 30 years processing the many cultural and perceived scriptural blocks to fulfilling this sense of calling. My dream was finally realized 10 years ago, when I joined the pastoral staff at a church which had historically supported women in ministry — with a woman as pastor in the 1940s.
2. To buy into the separation between laity and clergy is to lose some of your soul — the “priesthood of the believer” part. It is to invest in ideas of power and authority that may, eventually, make you part of the problem — even as you are yearning to be part of the solution.
3. It has been five years now since I left “pastoral ministry” and four years since receiving an amazing vision for a different kind of church planting. I have been patient to wait for the Spirit to lead me into the implementation of that vision. Many times I have felt “This is it!”, only to realize that the “it” is another aspect of the Spirit leading me to understand more and think outside of the box. I’m still waiting for God to show me the time and place and partners for this vision — I know that his timing is perfect and I am too often impatient.
4. I would encourage you to get a copy of Wayne Jacobsen’s book “He Loves Me” and really ponder it … I’ve been pondering it since last June. There is no more important place to begin ministry than in your own heart and with your own family and among those who live in your own neighborhood.
5. God’s “measurement” of effectiveness is often very, very different than man’s. Be reluctant to settle for man’s interpretation … hold out for God’s.
As other sisters have mentioned in the comments, I would be honored to walk with you on this journey.

Faith

posted February 22, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I really struggled with this as well. I sensed the call but found almost no affirmation from friends and family and church. But God led me on a study of this and while at first I felt so liberated, it has taken me a long while for this new freedom to be solidified and integrated into my sense of self. I worked through a lot of self-doubt, anger and frustration at seemingly closed doors. It was a long journey and through the testing and affirmations that did come (few), it began to feel more real. I am at the point now, that i might be annoyed that someone disagrees with my call, but i am no longer thrown off balance. I know, God has called and gifted me to minister in a pastor role.
What helped:
1. Take some of the challenge is reverse affirmation.
2. Much challenge is not about you personally but based on what the other person fears or believes. Rspect another’s conscience.
3. recognize godly disagreement.
4. find a solid group of women supporters or other women in ministry, find mentors.
5. spiritual direction helped me immensely.
6. choose to believe in yourself and the God who made you.
7. trust that while you cannot immagine receiving a call when so many oppose you, God has a plan and a place for you.
8. faith is spelled tenacity, just keep going. work on your degree, do you best.
9. learn to relealse your emotions with God and very safe others.
10. Take the nik name Deborah… a mighty woman of God.
11. logical biblical cases seldom convert others or make safe places for you. (God does amazing things on your behalf, learn to see him as one who is your advocate and one who will fight for you).
12. there will be disappointment and lots of emotions like jealousy, fear, anger, saddness… learn to talk in safe places.
13. There will be miracles, believe for them and God will indeed amaze you. (nearly every friend from seminary has found a place of call as a woman–God just does it when you are ready).
My prayer for you… God lead this young woman and help her become the mighty woman of God that you created. Give her affirmations and courage and a small community to cry with and laugh with. Work a miracle on her behalf and begin now to create a place for her.

Sue

posted February 22, 2010 at 5:47 pm

How do I work through this tension?
Your story could be my own, and much of it has already been echoed by other women on this post.
I grew up in a church where women couldn’t even be ushers or vote in congregational meetings! I had to process theologically, spiritually, psychologically and emotionally my call to ordained ministry. It took years. I couldn’t even look it directly in the eye until not that long ago. But I finally decided I had to listen to God’s voice and not the voices of others’ expectations, no matter how well-meaning and sincere those human voices might be.
In this past month the committee in my denomination that affirms calls to ordained ministry affirmed mine. One pastor reminded me that God had faithfully brought me through every wall that stood in my way to answering God’s call. I don’t yet claim to know exactly the shape my ministry will take, but I am committed to following God’s voice and am beginning to trust that God will bring me through any other obstacles that my impede what God wants me to do for the Kingdom.
God’s blessings as you learn to discern God’s voice in your own journey. Like others have already suggested, I believe it is important for you to connect with women who are ordained pastors. A godly role model of what a female leader/pastor looks like is a godsend.

Jennifer

posted February 22, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Dear Friend…
It sounds like you are probably an undergrad at this point. If that’s true, I would highly encourage you to go to a seminary that helps you think through your life’s work in relation to your own story.
My story is similar to yours, and I have found its not enough to intelectually come to an understanding that it is okay for women to plant and pastor churches. I had to work it out on a deeper level than that. In my opnion, Mars Hill Graduate School (not associated with Mars Hill church) is the best place to do that kind of work – hands down.

Sean Witty

posted February 22, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Scot,
First time commenter on your blog here. Thanks for all the work you put into this. Helpful stuff.
Curious: What was your thinking behind keeping the denominational affiliation anonymous?

Gary

posted February 22, 2010 at 10:59 pm

In the last couple of years, I’ve come to believe Jesus’ example of servant leadership is often very far from the examples of male-dominant leadership, both good and bad, that I saw in my fundamentalist upbringing. Christians are commanded to submit to each other…that comes right before the passage where woman are told to submit to their husbands and their husbands to love their wives as Christ loved His bride. (If that wasn’t a supreme act of submission, I don’t know what was.)
You might find the book, “What Paul Really Said About Women,” Bristow,to be helpful in finding a new view about your value in God’s eyes, as a woman and as a servant-leader.
I agree with an earlier post that we shouldn’t see our individual calls to ministry as somehow different or higher than the call to service given to every believer. Some are blessed to be able to dedicate full time to paid Christian service. Others, including Paul, are proudly “bi-vocational servants.”
I pray the Lord will give you wisdom as He shows you new ways every day to continue to serve Him boldly!

Kacie

posted February 23, 2010 at 11:17 am

My suggestion: go to a good seminary and be trained in theology and pastoral ministry. Then move overseas! The church in most countries in the third world is lead by and populated by a majority of women. I have a feeling you might do better ministering to that need than struggling in the male-dominated church in the USA.