Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

Evening on the Porch

posted by xscot mcknight

It was Kris’ birthday yesterday, and Laura and Mark came up for dinner on the porch. I made mushroom caps filled with basil, a salad, and I cooked up Chinese in the wok. Then we went for a long walk at Independence Grove Forest Preserve — where we saw an Eastern Bluebird nest with some babies poking their heads out. A littleice cream custard at Culver’s led us back to the porch for some good time talking. Laura had her last day of teaching yesterday, and Mark is in the thick of organizing the Leadership Summit at Willow. Thanks to them for coming up. Good time. (Luke called to wish Kris a happy birthday; thanks Luke.)

danB

posted June 8, 2006 at 8:08 am

Happy Birthday to Kris! But, Scott, “I cooked up Chinese in the wok.”??? How did the Chinese feel about that!
Just kidding!

John Frye

posted June 8, 2006 at 9:16 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRIS!
All the best,
John and Julie

Andy & Christa

posted June 8, 2006 at 11:43 am

Happy B-Day Kris!! One question: how could you have picked ice cream over custard at Culvers!?

Scot McKnight

posted June 8, 2006 at 12:15 pm

Andy, make that custard.

Andy

posted June 8, 2006 at 4:30 pm

Isn’t it nice to know that people pay so much attention to every word you write! Go Mavs! (on behalf of Christa)

Scot McKnight

posted June 8, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Andy and Christa,
Who are the Mavs?
Where are you guys?

Andy

posted June 8, 2006 at 5:14 pm

I forgot that your world is confined to Theology, Kris and baseball (good job on the first two by the way). The “Mavs” are the Dallas Mavericks basketball team; Heat vs Mavericks tonight 8pm. Christa and I are in Fort Worth for the summer living with her folks (they are attempting to enlighten me on the greatness of the state). I am completing an internship before we head of to Edinburgh in August. I miss Lake Michigan already.

Scot McKnight

posted June 8, 2006 at 5:33 pm

Andy,
I thought basketball ended with the NCAA tournament. Why are they still playing?
Tell me what you thinkof the humidity down there. It’s palpable.

Dana Ames

posted June 8, 2006 at 6:23 pm

A very happy birthday, Kris, and many happy returns of the day.
Dana

David Reeves

posted June 8, 2006 at 7:24 pm

Happy birthday Kris, you share a birthday with my oldest daughter, Hanna (18). We were able to get an autograph from her favorite Lady Vol, Candace Parker, when we were behind her at Walmart. We gave it to her for her Bday. She loved it.

Scot McKnight

posted June 9, 2006 at 6:50 am

Christa (and Andy),
Go Mavs! They won last night I see (as I read the paper).

Ted Gossard

posted June 11, 2006 at 2:15 pm

Happy Birthday Kris! Sounds like a nice time for you all. The custard must be good to be better than the ice cream!