Jesus Creed

Jesus Creed

The White Sox

posted by xscot mcknight

I’ve been asked what I think of the White Sox winning the last series of games this year. My comment: why is Kerry Doyal living for last year’s results? That season is over and gone. It is time to focus on the next season, and I think it will be the Cubs’ year!

Kerry Doyal

posted November 2, 2005 at 9:03 am

I’ll take the bait… We are lovin’ livin’ in the PAST.
The last Curse to fall is on the Cubs. Would LOVE to see them take it all the way in ’06.

Aaron Van Voorhis

posted November 2, 2005 at 10:59 am

There would be nothing greater save the 2nd coming than a Cubs world series championship in ’06!

Ron Fay

posted November 2, 2005 at 1:18 pm

If the Cubs plan on making a run, they really need to retool.
I’d love to see the Cubs win also. Three curses shattered in three years would be nice.

Scot McKnight

posted November 2, 2005 at 1:23 pm

Ron,
Why this “If” the Cubs… it is a given once again. This is how we live.

Scot McKnight

posted November 2, 2005 at 1:24 pm

You see how Kerry Doyal gets all excited about the White Sox? Well, that’s a sign that he is happier when they win. Not for the pure Cub fan: we are the same, Stoic-like, win or lose. It’ll be a challenge to keep my cool if the Cubs win it all, though.

John Wiers

posted November 2, 2005 at 2:04 pm

Scot, I can’t let this one past. You’re dreaming if you think you’ll really keep your cool. We Sox fans have been the unlovable losers for years and have kept our cool, but not this year. Let me tell you about a personal experience. Last Sunday, over coffee during the fellowship time at our church, I mentioned to one of the students who attends our church and just happens to be from Houston and a big Astros fan that I was sorry about the Astros. He smiled and politely looked at me (his pastor) and said in a gentle voice, No you’re not. I had to admit that he was totally right. Just wait till it happens to the Cubs fans. perhaps somewhere in the future. All stoic composure will be gone and I predict that most will be nearly impossible to live with.
Go Sox in ’06.

Scot McKnight

posted November 2, 2005 at 2:16 pm

I hope you’re a prophet John.

ted gossard

posted November 2, 2005 at 3:31 pm

You couldn’t be a Cubs fan if you didn’t accept their losing ways. Its a great tradition with them.

Kerry Doyal

posted November 3, 2005 at 12:07 am

Scot, your much rooting for the lovable losers have driven you mad. Did you at least convince yourself with that “just as happy if they lose or win” bit? True fans get stoked with their teams … err… rejoice with those who rejoice. Maybe this is the curse, Cub fans don’t care either way.
Scot, YOU are the curse. Repent, buy a Sox hat today. When have seen the enemy, the true goat & he is called Scooter.
What will we tell you son?
Congrats Sox & Go Cubs