Deepak Chopra and Intent

Deepak Chopra and Intent

The Enlightened Jesus

posted by dchopra

In my new book “The Third Jesus,” I write not about the historical Jesus, or the church’s Jesus, but about the third one–a state of expanded and enlightened Christ consciousness. Click “play” for more.

Don Daniel Ortiz

posted March 11, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Of course there is more to the story of Jesus of Nazareth than just the historical and religious figure. Bravo to the author!
Don Daniel Ortiz
Author “The 99 Success Secrets Of Jesus”

Garrett

posted March 12, 2008 at 1:22 am

Deepak Chopra seems to be a very smart man. It’s good to see a non Christian reading and quoting the bible. However, he kind of picks and chooses verses and then blends them with eastern thought. I saw him on Larry King and he doesn’t agree with Christianity’s view of sin and humankind’s separation from a holy God. He seems like a nice enough guy though.

Anonymous

posted March 12, 2008 at 6:12 am

“enlightened Christ consciousness”
But how can one reach a “Christ consciousness” when they fail to acknowledge the ideas that Christ quite consciously put forth?
Key to Christ’s own consciousness was the claim of being the Son of God. That was at the heart of who He was. If we ignore the very heart of Christ’s consciousness, how can we possibly attain anything even remotely similar? This is the problem..

Char

posted March 12, 2008 at 3:02 pm

This is a very beautiful and soft video that I enjoyed about Deepak’s “The Third Jesus,” as that hell’s fire stuff really scares me. Only an enlightened person could speak with such understanding, compassion, and love of our beautiful Jesus, the Christ and show the wholeness of God with all mankind. This I believe was the true message of The Christ. It goes to show us that we really are all connected and one in Spirit when we reach for our higher self or pure consciousness.
Thanks Mallika for posting!
Love,Char

P. Zimmerman

posted March 12, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Bravo for putting into words what I believe many miss internalizing
the teachings of Jesus to change our way of being in this world.
I look forward to reading this book.

Bob

posted March 13, 2008 at 7:20 am

“Bravo for putting into words what I believe many miss internalizing
the teachings of Jesus to change our way of being in this world”

If you’re looking to read something that truly does that, then I’d recommend a different book:
It’s a “guidebook for the journey to God based on the wisdom of the saints”, specifically, seven saints primarily of the mystical tradition within the Church.

Titus

posted March 20, 2008 at 11:33 am

I’m not a fan of the New Agers, nor the Demiurge worshippers who falsely call themselves christians. 2 Billion phoney christians running around. How do I know? Because their works are all greed, bigotry and oppression. All done in the name of the devil, Jehovah/Allah or as I call him, Yaldaboath.
The kingdom of spirit is within. Those of us attaining to the Christ consciousness will ultmimately be murdered at the dawning of this age, just as the orthodox christians were murdered us at the dawning of the last.
However, there is always hope. Here is a book I recommend, that makes the message of christ clear without all the dogmatic insanity of the false god, Saklas.

Michael

posted May 11, 2008 at 9:01 am

“I believe that as Christians, it’s much more prudent to look to the saints to interpret Jesus, rather than a New Age guru.”
If Jesus’ message is to speak to everyone without discriminating for faith or religion, then I’m particularly interested to hear what a prominent Hindu like Deepak has to say.

Do Your Emotions Help You or Hold You Back?
Recently, a close friend of mine made the remark that our emotions for the most part are basic, primal, immature, and unevolved. Ever since then, I have been ruminating on the validity of this statement. If our emotions are basically primitive, then how they be our allies, especially on the path to

posted 10:52:25am Jan. 26, 2015 | read full post »

Powers of Mind: In Praise of Subtle Actions
At a time when the mass of headlines seem to be about the brain, artificial intelligence, robotics, and smarter computers, not enough is said about the mind. When reduced to a mechanism, the mind somehow is thought to turn into the brain, with no difference between them. It's true that the brain see

posted 10:51:38am Jan. 19, 2015 | read full post »

Can Science and Religion Save Each Other? (Part 2)
Science is used to being dominant, and religion is used to being defensive--these are familiar poses for two worldviews, the one being on the rise, the other on the decline. Generally when an entire belief system is on the decline, it steadily disappears. There's no need to believe that the king's t

posted 10:29:24am Jan. 12, 2015 | read full post »

Can Science and Religion Save Each Other?
A flurry of controversy surrounded the astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson two weeks ago when he took a jab at religion in the name of science. It began Christmas day with a mischievous tweet: “On this day long ago, a child was born who, by age 30, would transform the world. Happy Birthday Isaac Newton

posted 3:36:40pm Jan. 05, 2015 | read full post »

How to Save the World--A Simple Answer
Around a decade ago, when I first started posting at Huffington Post, one entry considered the world's four greatest problems. They were over-population, climate change, pandemic disease, and refugeeism. Despite the suffering and fear it creates, terrorism affects far fewer people than these four is

posted 10:11:57am Dec. 22, 2014 | read full post »