Deepak Chopra and Intent

Deepak Chopra and Intent

The Enlightened Jesus

posted by dchopra

In my new book “The Third Jesus,” I write not about the historical Jesus, or the church’s Jesus, but about the third one–a state of expanded and enlightened Christ consciousness. Click “play” for more.

Don Daniel Ortiz

posted March 11, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Of course there is more to the story of Jesus of Nazareth than just the historical and religious figure. Bravo to the author!
Don Daniel Ortiz
Author “The 99 Success Secrets Of Jesus”

Garrett

posted March 12, 2008 at 1:22 am

Deepak Chopra seems to be a very smart man. It’s good to see a non Christian reading and quoting the bible. However, he kind of picks and chooses verses and then blends them with eastern thought. I saw him on Larry King and he doesn’t agree with Christianity’s view of sin and humankind’s separation from a holy God. He seems like a nice enough guy though.

Anonymous

posted March 12, 2008 at 6:12 am

“enlightened Christ consciousness”
But how can one reach a “Christ consciousness” when they fail to acknowledge the ideas that Christ quite consciously put forth?
Key to Christ’s own consciousness was the claim of being the Son of God. That was at the heart of who He was. If we ignore the very heart of Christ’s consciousness, how can we possibly attain anything even remotely similar? This is the problem..

Char

posted March 12, 2008 at 3:02 pm

This is a very beautiful and soft video that I enjoyed about Deepak’s “The Third Jesus,” as that hell’s fire stuff really scares me. Only an enlightened person could speak with such understanding, compassion, and love of our beautiful Jesus, the Christ and show the wholeness of God with all mankind. This I believe was the true message of The Christ. It goes to show us that we really are all connected and one in Spirit when we reach for our higher self or pure consciousness.
Thanks Mallika for posting!
Love,Char

P. Zimmerman

posted March 12, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Bravo for putting into words what I believe many miss internalizing
the teachings of Jesus to change our way of being in this world.
I look forward to reading this book.

Bob

posted March 13, 2008 at 7:20 am

“Bravo for putting into words what I believe many miss internalizing
the teachings of Jesus to change our way of being in this world”

If you’re looking to read something that truly does that, then I’d recommend a different book:
It’s a “guidebook for the journey to God based on the wisdom of the saints”, specifically, seven saints primarily of the mystical tradition within the Church.

Titus

posted March 20, 2008 at 11:33 am

I’m not a fan of the New Agers, nor the Demiurge worshippers who falsely call themselves christians. 2 Billion phoney christians running around. How do I know? Because their works are all greed, bigotry and oppression. All done in the name of the devil, Jehovah/Allah or as I call him, Yaldaboath.
The kingdom of spirit is within. Those of us attaining to the Christ consciousness will ultmimately be murdered at the dawning of this age, just as the orthodox christians were murdered us at the dawning of the last.
However, there is always hope. Here is a book I recommend, that makes the message of christ clear without all the dogmatic insanity of the false god, Saklas.

Michael

posted May 11, 2008 at 9:01 am

“I believe that as Christians, it’s much more prudent to look to the saints to interpret Jesus, rather than a New Age guru.”
If Jesus’ message is to speak to everyone without discriminating for faith or religion, then I’m particularly interested to hear what a prominent Hindu like Deepak has to say.

God Is the New Physics
When spirituality and physics started to be linked, many scientists called it the use of metaphor. It couldn't literally be true that there was a Tao of Physics that linked quantum mechanics to ancient Chinese philosophy. At best there might be a weak link--God and the new physics--the way one might

posted 10:54:59am Dec. 15, 2014 | read full post »

Will God 2.0 Be Indispensable in Ten Years?
The primary difficult with God isn't belief--more than 80% of US responders tell pollsters that they believe God exists. The problem is that God is irrelevant, providing few if any practical benefits in daily life. In an age of faith the circumstances were in God's favor. When people got sick or die

posted 1:58:33pm Dec. 08, 2014 | read full post »

Why Physics Needs God But God Doesn't Need Physics
Recently I created a brief storm on Twitter by throwing out questions that physicists can't answer. Twitter allows you to contact famous physicists directly, and it's predictable that a handful will become irritated and even riled up if you dare to challenge them. "What happens in physics stays in p

posted 10:19:20am Dec. 01, 2014 | read full post »

Why God Makes More Sense than Atheism
After two centuries of the tug-of-war between science and religion, it's clear science occupies the dominant position. It has passed the "So what?" test, meaning that science as applied to practical daily life has been immensely more important to modern people than God. This has given atheism, both

posted 10:39:29am Nov. 24, 2014 | read full post »

How Richard Dawkins Lost His Battle with God
When he wrote his 2006 best-seller, The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins expected to accomplish two aims that have proved to be remarkable failures. The first aim was social. He wanted to attract a horde of doubters, fence-sitters, and agnostics to gather their courage and join the atheist ranks. This

posted 11:50:49am Nov. 17, 2014 | read full post »