Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

Dreams Come True in Time

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

The other day, I was watching some old TV shows on my laptop. I love stand-up comedy and found an archive of old Comedy Central specials. It was all my favorite comics in some of their early performances. I laughed ’till I cried.

A few of the comics really caught my eye, because I realized how much they changed over the years. In some cases, I was astonished at how much they’d accomplished. I watched one comic in particular and thought, ‘Seven years from now he’s going to sell out Madison Square Garden. A couple of years later, he’ll be on Oprah. Right now, he doesn’t have a clue.’

There were several stories like this as I watched the young comics. One was destined to be one of the few female late night talk show hosts. Many would go on to movies and long-term stints on Saturday Night Live.

It got me excited to see their stories unfold, and it got me thinking about the future.

Statistically speaking, some of you reading this blog who claim to be perpetually single are probably a year or two away from getting married.

You’re sitting in a cubicle today wondering when you’ll get the corner office, but in the future you own a business and work for yourself.

You might be waiting on a child and not even know that you’ll be pregnant by the holidays (I’ve seen it happen; I once interviewed a girl who struggled for years with infertility only to get pregnant by the time the article published).

Do you see what I mean? Miracles, comeback stories… they happen all the time to every type of person. The life you’ve been praying for is nestled sweetly in the future… and it’s waiting for you to arrive.

If you have hope in your heart for the next big thing to come your way, be encouraged today. You may very well be on your way to greatness and seeing those dreams come true. Be diligent in the present and get ready because tomorrow will come sooner than you think.

Read more:
DeVon Franklin: Produced by Faith
21 Ways to Live Your Dreams
10 Guiding Principles to Living Your Vision Statement

nora

posted May 3, 2011 at 10:46 am

I just had finishing praying and decided to read my email and when I read this, it totally was a confirmation to something the Lord spoke into my Spirit. Thank you and may you continue to prosper in uplifting and inspiring others.

Curt

posted May 3, 2011 at 3:42 pm

This day has been full of stress relative to the company I work for shutting down. That wonderful fear of the unknown has consumed me. I pray. I open my email and this is the first email I open, wow, Lord how hard to you have to hit me along side my head in order to get me to rely completely on you…..THANK YOU

rw

posted May 3, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Yes-sometimes if we would just let go and let god – we would be so much better off. We have to trust him & place our faith 100% in him. God bless. Rhonda

Vanessa

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I was feeling pretty down about my work situtation and this email popped up… This just proved to me once again.. God is still in control and he knows our heart and every thought…

Lucia

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Thank you, this made my day!

Doug

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I have dreams that I beleive have a catch to them for them to come true. I have no trouble beleiving God will answer the desires of our heart if only we do as he sak us to do.
My problem is having the back bone to go to my pastor and telling him that God has instucted me to use my gift of healing on his wife to heal her cancer.
I just haven’t had the guts to tell him what I need to do as God has told me.

Sabah

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Wow Im almost brought to tears by this article. I really needed this sign from G-d. It was the confirmation or answer that I needed after all my endless prayers. G-d DOES hear my prayers!! He needs me to be patient.
Thank you.

jai

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPLIFTING INSPIRATION FOR THE AFTERNOON. GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU JESUS FOR ANOTHER BLESSED DAY. PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14 IS JUST WHAT IS NEEDED.

Jo-Anne Saunders

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:13 pm

GOD is awesome. I, too was feeling down today and normally, I hate to admit it, but I ignore these e-mails until I get a chance. But today I was led to read it. GOD heard my silent cries. Thank you for letting GOD use you. Thank you!!!!

It's been rough!

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I know that the Lord has something wonderful in store for me, I believe it with all my heart and soul. Somtimes my emotions/mind starts to wonder, but I reassure myself that these are human qualities that we cannot denie, immediately after the thought/feeling I praise God, thanking him that I have him to talk with each day, all day! It helps me get through tough times as I know I am a “Diamond in the rough!” I’m staying humble and hiden as I wait on the “GREAT MINER!”

Stephanie

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I am so glad as a believer I am not alone. I too am going through so many life changes and I know more than anything that God is in control. I used to say, “I am going to do this”, or “I am never going to do that” and I learned that I am not in control, the good Lord is the only one in control of my path. Thank you Lord for all the blessings in my life, I know that many more are to come. God is great and when we limit him we limit our lives. Never doubt what God can do in your life. Only through him and by him are we successful and prosper.

sherry

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Everyday I take some time in the morning to write down what I am grateful for and realize all the blessings the good Lord has bestowed on me. Difficult times make us realize and appreciate the little things and know that He is in charge.

Sandra

posted May 3, 2011 at 4:40 pm

This article was just what I needed. Thanks be to GOD for all his wonderful blessings. Not a word on my tongue but you O Lord know it all. You know my thoughts from afar.

Chiquita A.

posted May 3, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Thank you for this wonderful blog. I, too, am one who ususally deletes these emails but today I decided to read this one. It was truly worth reading and I needed to hear this.

at

posted May 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I thanks God for the encourging words. ” He will never leave you, nore forsake you, he’ll be with you even to the end”

cheryl stanley

posted May 3, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Yes, I have a situation where I have been out of work for 2 and half years, just want to go to work and I do believe in GOD I know he will send me to work soon

Nicci

posted May 3, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I thank God for this message and hope that all gets better for those who diligently seek the Lord and for those who don’t because we live in such spiritually challenging times, but what we must remember is who is in charge of our lives? GOD the Father, the Son, and of course the Holy Spirit. Many of us don’t understand that we need all three to survive in this world. For those of you who are facing challenging times (just as I am) realize that what we are going through is nothing like what Jesus had to endure for us. Lastly, we must all endure in order to overcome! Our victory draws near and this alone should be a reason to rejoice! Whenever we are going through something as God fearing people it is to strengthen us and mold us so that we may gladly receive the blessing that God has for us! I’m elated about what God has shown and will continue to show me because HE NEVER FAILS, no matter how much I do!

I’m grateful that HE has so much mercy to forgive and only give tests that we can actually pass as long as we use His Word as a study guide! Hallelujah :)

JAV

posted May 3, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I, too, am looking for a job at 60 years old. I got laid off from my job the end of January and my husband had a stroke the end of October and has been in a nursing center and now my Mom’s Alzheimers has worsened. I am a very positive person and I know that God will help me through all of these tribulations. I did pray for a job immediately after I got laid off, but God knows best. I don’t know how I could start a new job at this time with all the things going on in my life. I am a very “young” 60 year old and I know that when it’s time, God will send me the right job. I thank God every day for his blessings. This article caught my eye and I am so glad I opened it up and read all the comments. God bless you all.

Mary

posted May 3, 2011 at 6:17 pm

May 3, 5:20 p.m.

I was feeling pretty down about my life situtation and this email popped up… I ulsually skip over them as I am always in a hurry. This time I read it and this just proved to me once again.. God is still in control and he knows our heart and every thought… I asked for his help and I believe he did that through this email.

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/inspirationreport/2011/05/dreams-come-true-in-time.html#ixzz1LKWXzwiF

Big b

posted May 3, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Im having a little trouble in my marriage. This has inspired me to stay focused and listen to spirit and I wont go wrong. My blessing are right around the corner. Thanks

Rod J Atwell

posted May 3, 2011 at 7:42 pm

This has really motivated my spirit.Presently I am 32yrs old and I know with in a 2yr grasp I will be able to stand before God Almighty
and declare the love have for my future wife.For now I’ll just keep my head down and focus on my degree.

Lidia

posted May 3, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Thankyou Good..
This Gave me an incentive to hope again ,
when i had almostgiven up.

Kimberly L.

posted May 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm

You’ve all said what I’ve been thinking, and feeling. Sometimes we think we’re the only one feeling lost and dealing with fear about the future. Then you receive an e-mail like, this. Thank you God!! God Bless all of you.

Lidia

posted May 3, 2011 at 7:55 pm

This gave me an incentive to hope again ,
When i was almost ready to give up .

gail

posted May 3, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Thank you for this email. I usually don’t read this mails until I have time. I am going through some rough times at work. I try to make everything right, but it never seems to work. While comuting on the train, I make notes of the bad stuff, and ask God to give me strength to help me make it through another day. I also use a little version of the New Testament in my purse and read the psalms as they apply. Thank you God, my Lord, my Savior.

Maxine

posted May 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Dear sweet heavenly father, what a blessing to be able to read these words of inspiration. I can’t begin to explain what is going on in my life. I trust and believe in GOD and him only. However, I noticed that their are times in my life that nothing seems real. But, I always seem to come out of it, and I know it is only his love and mercy that brings me through. I pray for strength, love, peace and joy which I know will only come from him. I believe he will send me a mate that will love GOD as much as I do. One who will worship him with me. A person who will love me for who I am, and I in turn will return the same love. I want to be happy – and I know GOD will not allow me to remain unhappy. GOD bless everyone who participated in these emails – LOVE, PEACE and JOY to all who love the LORD

mary

posted May 3, 2011 at 9:13 pm

thanks for the beautiful words of inspiration….after my divorce I felt I had no dreams just working hard and bringing up my teenagers …..my dreams where way way back in my mind….and reading this made realise that my dreams can also happen….I am dreaming that all my wishes will come true and that jesus loves me…thank you

Kim

posted May 3, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Thank you for posting this it is a great 40th birthday present!!! It is something that I really wanted to hear.

Lourdes

posted May 3, 2011 at 11:19 pm

I love to read everything on Belief.net!! This is so inspring and so true. We all get so anxious for things to materialize and just happen that we waste time worring and forgetting about Joy in our lives. Today 3 miracles happened to me and I’ve been praying and tapping and visualizing and worried to death. And here it all came in one day!! I truly believe that with faith and patience we can all get what we yearn for – all the time, without fail. Keep the faith folks and your vision and before you know it will manifest just like dreamed it would!! Blessings to all.

Jeanette Patindol

posted May 4, 2011 at 1:36 am

I was feeling discouraged about a particular remaining Dream in my life that I still long for and wait on God to come true, even if I’ve been cooperating with the Spirit as fully as I could for many years now… and then, like many here, I got this email in my inbox today and something told me to open and read it!

Thank you soooo much! This is a further confirmation for me that there is Somebody Up There who does listen and care! Thank YOU! ;D

Teri

posted May 4, 2011 at 1:51 am

I’ve been pretty negligent lately about reading beliefnet, but I had to read this one. I’ve been wavering in my faith in what I’ve been called to do. I know I can’t do that anymore. I do trust.

Tiffany

posted May 4, 2011 at 2:32 am

I never really respond to these type of blogs but as I stared to read ppl comments, it showed me that I am not alone in this storm and that I will have my dreams come true. The devil is a lie and I have GREATNESS living on the inside of me. I thank the Lord for this email because I wasn’t thinking about opening it but it caught my eyes. We are all HIS children and will be SUCCESSFUL and BLESSED.

sandra

posted May 4, 2011 at 4:18 am

Like alot of you, I too have been going throug some very ruff times, and i must admit that i also look pass these e-mails from Inspiration reports, but tonight as i got on-line to check my e-mail this one caught my eye, and i started to read and as i did even thou i believe in my lord very much, this have giving me a new out look toward my furture thank you so much for reminding me that my dreams can and will come true, anything is possible thru jesus.
Bless all of the readers and bloggers that read this message.

Melinie Lee

posted May 4, 2011 at 4:54 am

First I want to Thank God Almighty for everything in my life big or small.Then I want to Thank the person who placed this inspirational arrival. You will be Bless all of your life because you are a blessing to others.I’ve learned that when you ask for something give Thanks as if you already received it.Feel the appreciation in yr heart,soul and mind a true thanks and appreciation will bring warmth feeling within you.God will give you everything you want but you have to appreciate what you have that will open the path way to receiving more good in your life. I learned how to say thank you for everything that is giving to me even if its just a small smile from someone else because you never know when its God smile with you.Everybody is unique in this world and everybody go thru a tough time but see that time as a lesson to b learn and yes you do learn from an experience I did. Never see you current problem as an end of the world case and don’t let it bring you down instead take a positive attitude towards it and wait for the positive outcome. O Yes and what I also learned was never to say I don’t want this or that because the things you don’t want is the things go gonna get. I always said I don’t ever want to stay with my parents in-law and I ended up staying with them for 2 Long years but I’m so happy for that because I appreciate them more now. Never forget that God is yours forever and all the good comes from Him. You bring negative to yourself if you complain and don’t appreciate what you have the more you complain the more negative you bring to youself.Yes do ask believe and receive. God Bless every one reading this comment today.

Kimberly Winters

posted May 4, 2011 at 5:21 am

I am up early this morning from a very vivid dream I was recording in a journal. I woke up feeling quite alone and anxious over my dream and had brought up some questions about my past relationships and my current one. It brought a tear to my eye for the perfect timing of this message and I, too had just completed a prayer in jesus’ name. I prayed for a lot what was expressed here in these blogs and I feel im not so alone now..I thank God for all of the gifts I have today and all he has blessed me with followimg up to this day and with my full faith in him, I have a great sense of peace and know with patience, time and prayer that I will find the answers.. I love God and all my brothers and sisters that are his children. Love and light to every single one of you. Stay blessed.

theresa

posted May 4, 2011 at 7:20 am

Just to let everyone know
dreams don’t happen
dreams are not giving to you by some force (God)after you prayed.
They are chance unless you know someone and that is just the way life is.

madge

posted May 4, 2011 at 8:00 am

l agree with you becaues

Sandy Rogers

posted May 4, 2011 at 8:23 am

OMG – My story is for believers only.

Last weekend, I asked God to please, please give me a sign that my dreams will come true (I’m trying to publish my first book). Low and behold this morning, when I opened up my email, there you are with my answer. For the believers only, dreams do and will come true, not in ‘our’ time, but in ‘God’s’ time and his time only. It might take 5, 10, 15 years, or it could only take a day; but remember not in ‘our’ time but in ‘God’s’ time. Everything that I’ve prayed for an really needed, I got it. Keep dreaming, keep hoping and keep praying; however, along with these dreams you’re going to also have to develop patience. If you can see it, you can believe it. Never, ever abandon your dreams.

-Amen-

Mary

posted May 4, 2011 at 8:42 am

What a beautiful post! I agree that God is in control.

Our dreams will come true in God’s time, and we need to have patience. Many times this is difficult for me; however, I have received so many blessings shortly after I have prayed for them.

maxine

posted May 4, 2011 at 9:15 am

thank you God. I have been going through some very rough times since last year when I lost my job, its now 10 months and I feel like I am drowning. Reading this has lifted my spirits, I know God has not forgotten me, in fact he works miracles everyday in my life. thank God

Shelagh

posted May 4, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Just what I needed at just the right moment!

MARTY

posted May 4, 2011 at 12:42 pm

THESE WERE WORDS I NEEDED TO HEAR. I AM FRUSTRATING THE UNKNOWN OF NOT HAVING A JOB AND ANY MONEY TO PAY MY BILLS SAND PROVIDE FOR MY FAMILY. THE STORY OF THE YOUNG COMEDIANS HIT HOME. I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A COMEDIAN BUT NEVER HAD THE TIME TO PUT MY HEART AND SOUL INTO IT. I DO NEED TO LEAVE THINGS IN GODS HANDS. HE HAS HELPED ME MANY TIMES BEFORE,WHY WOULDN`T HE HELP ME NOW. DEAR LORD YOU ARE MY SAVIOR AND PROVIDER PLEASE GUIDE ME TO PROSPER AND PROVIDE FOR MY FAMILY. AMEN.

Mary

posted May 4, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I am having a down day. I am usually a very upbeat person, but lately
I’ve had to work at it. I have prayed all my life and apparently the answer has always been NO!! I recently lost my younger sister in a car accident and her husband had a heart attack a little over 2 months later and died. My older sister and husband may be losing their home cause they can’t pay the taxes. And I’ve never had a relationship that lasted. So hearing about Young comics finally making big while they were still fairly young doesn’t make me feel good. I’m happy for them but I get upset that the dreams I’ve I had have still not come true. But, I still pray everyday, and hope the Lord will say Yes, someday.

Jeanie

posted May 4, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Jeanie What you think will happen, will happen. I was adopted two times, my first adopted Mother was killed in a car accident, my adopted Father gave me up for adoption. Six months later a couple went to an orphanage in hopes of adopting a son, they had already adopted a daughter. My future Father saw me pulling a red wagon, in the company of a German Shepard, plus one other dog following my every steps. They chose me immediatley. I was three and a half yrs. old. I was told that I didn’t talk, they took me to a Dr., and he said there was nothing wrong with me, in time I would start talking. My first word spoken was horse, the second word was Texas. I was in Willow Grove Pennsylvania, my Father was stationed at Willow Grove Navel Air Base. The yr. was 1952. In 1971 my Mothers first cousin came to visit me in Lockhart Tx. She told me that she asked me what I was going to do when I grew up. According to her I said I was going to Texas, going to live on a Ranch, and have a lot of horses and dogs. I was six yrs. old at that time. She asked me how many children I was going to have, and I told her,( no children, just horses and dogs.) She told me that I did exactly what I told her I would do at age six. At that time I had thirty-three horses, and twelve dogs. I am proof that what you think will happen, will happen. DREAM BIG AND BELIEVE. I married a Rancher who was Roy Rogers twin, we also ran five hundred head of cattle. DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Sowjanya

posted May 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Miracles do happen to everyone if we really desire to achieve and have passion towards it.God is there always in our heart and any true desire that comes from inside,God will take care to achieve that dream for us.We are so blessed.

C-

posted May 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Thank you. These were just the words I needed to read and hear within my “Self”.

Diane

posted May 5, 2011 at 11:57 am

Beliefnet.com is an inspirational site. Everyone need to remember that all must believe, trust, and obey the word of God, and God. This in known, AS THE BETTER/BEST WAY. May God’s grace and mercy be with you always

Dornesha

posted May 9, 2011 at 8:20 am

I trust and believe in the Lord. I know he will not give me no more than i can handle. I will continue to pray and not loose faith. I will not let the devil win. I will keep dreaming and one day my dreams will come true. God has never let me down. He’s always been by my side. Thank you Jesus. Amen

chris

posted May 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I have found a friend and IO am at my happiest when I have done something to lift her up or help her

Jamie

posted May 16, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Thank you so so much. This was just what I needed today:) I will pass this along to my wonderful friends. God Bless

Eleazar Surbano

posted May 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Thanks for this article it gives more and more encouragement to our everyday lives…They say that life is short, so enjoy every moment and the things that happened to you everyday, whether its good or bad-so be it…Just like in this article said, “Be diligent in the present and get ready because tomorrow will come sooner than you think”. God Bless us everyone….

Martha

posted May 27, 2011 at 7:55 am

Thanks for the confirmation. I’ve been prayin for a situation that seems like no hope. This article here reminds me 2 hold on 2 my dream even though I c no day break. I know God is able. Maybe I need 2 fix me and my happiness and the rest will follow.

Shawn

posted June 3, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I want to thank all of you who have posted a comment and to say “Hold on, trouble doesn’t last long and Joy comes in the morning.” I would just like to add that we need to say “Thank You Lord” not just for the good but also in bad times and thank God for his infinite wisdom for getting us all on one page. And most importantly thank God for his grace and mercy for without it we will cease to exist! Be blessed and also a blessing to others.
Peace

Lynn

posted June 13, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I thank each and everyone who has posted recently for your inspiration and particularly for reminding me of what a rich life I am living. It is so easy to focus on what has not yet manifested instead of enjoying the fullness of today. Love, Lynn

Rosa

posted September 17, 2011 at 8:19 am

wow how “eye-opening” is this!? I get it, I too have seen dreams come true for many people and myself and never stopped to realize. I have been so busy “chasing” the future and looking back I never saw this one coming. Just hold on… its there in the future. THANKS, what an inspiration!