Well, while most of America was watching “American Idol”, I watched a different guilty pleasure,the game show “Minute to WIn It.” In a special two hour episode Lindsay Slavens Russo and her best friend played spectacuarly challenge after challenge by telling each other they “were to blessed to be stressed.” You see Russo wasn’t just playing the game for herself.. Russo’s desire was to use this opportunity to win money for a charity, Angel House. Angel House is a ministry Russo created with her husband and it helps provide housing and other resources to many needy children in India.
The team didn’t win the top prize of one million dollars, but they did win $250,00o that will change the lives of countless others.That’s my definition of inspiring reality t.v.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Review: ‘VeggieTales: In the House’ Teaches Children Valuable Life Lessons, Fun for All Ages
- The Epic Story of the Early Church Continues
- The Official Trailer for Disney’s ‘Cinderella’ Is Out, And It’s Magical
- A Sobering Look at Cyberbullying
- Casting of God: Is the Equivalent of Choosing an Old Woman to Play Harry Potter
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter