Well, while most of America was watching “American Idol”, I watched a different guilty pleasure,the game show “Minute to WIn It.” In a special two hour episode Lindsay Slavens Russo and her best friend played spectacuarly challenge after challenge by telling each other they “were to blessed to be stressed.” You see Russo wasn’t just playing the game for herself.. Russo’s desire was to use this opportunity to win money for a charity, Angel House. Angel House is a ministry Russo created with her husband and it helps provide housing and other resources to many needy children in India.
The team didn’t win the top prize of one million dollars, but they did win $250,00o that will change the lives of countless others.That’s my definition of inspiring reality t.v.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Dr. Ted Baehr Ranked Among the Top 50 Christian Leaders in America
- Super Soul Sunday: Ageless Living with Oprah and Dr. Christiane Northrup
- The New ‘Jurassic World’ Trailer is Here, And It Doesn’t Disappoint
- Meet Vera, a main character in the upcoming show “The Messengers.”
- ‘Little Boy’ is a Story for Everyone
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter