26 year old Emily Anne Reed received a phone call last week that no one wants to hear: “Your house is on fire.” She ran home from her job in Arlington, VA to discover only ashes. Standing on the Idol stage tonight with guitar in hand she looked unfazed. “It broke my heart [to lose my house]… but American Idol could change my life.” After she performed Harry Warren’s “You’re Getting to Be a Habit With Me,” the judges were torn. It was a “no” from Steven Tyler, but Jennifer Lopez said she had “the most interesting voice we’ve heard in 8 cities.” After a little bit of debate, the judges sent her to Hollywood.Hear Emily’s unique and gorgeous vocal stylings in the following videos.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Exclusive Sneak Peek from Episode 9 of ‘A.D. The Bible Continues’ featuring Mark Burnett and Roma Downey
- Grand Canyon University’s Center for Worship Arts Releases First EP Album, Receives Rave Reviews
- Box Office Blockbuster…or Blunder?
- Letterman Bids Farewell Tonight
- Finding Neverland – On a Stage!
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter