Wow. If you ever read my posts you already know that I have a thing for vampires–be they from “Buffy,” “Twilight,” or the old school “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” variety. But it appears that HBO is as excited about vampires as I am–if their extensive, creative ad campaign for “True Blood“–their new show by Alan Ball (“Six Feet Under”) premiering September 7th–has anything to say about their feelings.
Their newest ploy: I came across yet another fake website promoting the show–this one advertising “Tru Blood“–the preferred blood alternative drink of vampires on the show. When you head to the site, it greets you with the request that you “Please Enter the Date You Were Turned.” You have to check it out. It’s really fun.
Apparently I am not alone in thinking this.
The campaign has ad and marketing folks in quite the frenzy. I know I’m excited about it. I can’t wait to see the show. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s as good as they are making it seem!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Dr. Ted Baehr Ranked Among the Top 50 Christian Leaders in America
- Super Soul Sunday: Ageless Living with Oprah and Dr. Christiane Northrup
- The New ‘Jurassic World’ Trailer is Here, And It Doesn’t Disappoint
- Meet Vera, a main character in the upcoming show “The Messengers.”
- ‘Little Boy’ is a Story for Everyone
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter