Wow. If you ever read my posts you already know that I have a thing for vampires–be they from “Buffy,” “Twilight,” or the old school “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” variety. But it appears that HBO is as excited about vampires as I am–if their extensive, creative ad campaign for “True Blood“–their new show by Alan Ball (“Six Feet Under”) premiering September 7th–has anything to say about their feelings.
Their newest ploy: I came across yet another fake website promoting the show–this one advertising “Tru Blood“–the preferred blood alternative drink of vampires on the show. When you head to the site, it greets you with the request that you “Please Enter the Date You Were Turned.” You have to check it out. It’s really fun.
Apparently I am not alone in thinking this.
The campaign has ad and marketing folks in quite the frenzy. I know I’m excited about it. I can’t wait to see the show. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it’s as good as they are making it seem!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Producers of the ‘The Imitation Game’ Discuss Their Labor of Love
- Powerful Biblical Story Comes to Life in Confessions of a Prodigal Son
- New Adventure Will Center on Faith
- Jamie Foxx Surprises Movie Audience With a Special Message for His Annie Costar
- Docu-Drama ‘Let the Lion Roar’ Unveils Truth About Protestant Reformation
Like Beliefnet on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter