Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

Andrae Crouch and Sister Sandra Issue Statement Correcting Rumors About Recent Meeting with Michael Jackson

posted by Joanne Brokaw

Amidst the hoopla that’s arisen after the death of Michael Jackson are Christians questioning Jackson’s spiritual beliefs and whether or not he was a Christian. (Why after his death and not before is another column.)
According to news reports, Jackson had converted to Islam recently, but apparently some rumors have been circulating that gospel singer Andrae Crouch recently met with Jackson and prayed with him to receive Christ.
Andrae Crouch and his sister Sandra released this statement today, clarifying those rumors:

“It has been brought to our attention that several media outlets have been erroneously reporting that we met our dear friend Michael Jackson several weeks prior to his death so he could accept Christ. This is incorrect and absolutely not true.
“We loved and respected Michael enormously and we’ve been friends with him for many, many years, and are deeply saddened by his sudden and tragic death. We recently met with Michael to discuss recording two songs with our choir for his newest recording project.
“Michael always had a respect and curiosity for spiritual things. During our meeting, not unlike many other creative/music meetings we’ve had with him in the past, we sang together, prayed together and had a wonderful time.
“We are praying for Michael’s family and desire nothing less than God’s best for them.”

What was in Jackson’s heart when he died is really between him and God. But for Christians who are concerned about his spiritual state, I would recommend that they take a look around them right now, where there are hurting people who need to hear about Jesus. Rather than spend time wondering about Michael Jackson in hindsight, spend some time today talking to someone who’s still here and praying for the Jackson family, and especially his children, who don’t need this media circus as they grieve the loss of their father.
Click here to subscribe to Gospel Soundcheck by email and have the Gospel Soundcheck headlines delivered daily to your email inbox. And don’t forget to follow me on Twitter!

canyayasis

posted July 3, 2009 at 10:11 am

Hi Joanne- can you email me a way to communicate to you without posting publicly? it’s about this column.
thanks from colorado.

Eloisa De La Garza

posted July 5, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Since Micheal Jackson’s death, My spirit has been stired up for him, I thought I was going crazy for thinking and praying for him, but the Lord reveals things to people like me, just today I was in the Spirit with the Lord and I saw a thin man with his hands up high worshiping in heaven, then I realized it was Micheal, don’t know if people are going to think that I am mad, all I know is God put it upon my heart to pray for Micheal. Some believe he has done bad things, others believe he was a idol, I believe God wants all to go to heaven, Jesus wants none to perish.
I challange you to pray and proclaim JESUS to all.

Your Name

posted July 6, 2009 at 1:05 am

It’s not really our business where he went. If Michael went to Heaven, Praise God. No lie, I’ve been wondering lately if he went to Heaven or Hell. I really Hope and pray that he went to Heaven, but if he didn’t there is nothing that we can do about it, unless Jesus has another revival in hell, and Michael accepts God as His Lord and Saviour and accepts Salvation.
The Lord leaves it up to us to make the decision to live for Him. If we decide not to, then that was our choice. Hell is real just like Heaven is real. I’m pretty sure that God doesn’t exempt celebrities or anyone famous. We are all judged the same.
But once again, I really hope and pray that Michael went to Heaven and is singing with the other Angels.
He was one of a kind and his heart couldn’t take it anymore. The very people he trusted broke his heart and I think that’s what he died from. A Broken Heart (which brought on the heart attack).
I’m not sure if Prayers will work now since he is gone, but it won’t hurt to pray.

connie james

posted July 7, 2009 at 4:11 pm

if a christians job is to save souls at all costs then why didn’t they make sure he received jesus so their would be no doubt he was saved. were they afraid……….did they not want to “offend” him…..then @ would question their walk with god because god is no respectors of persons and he is not afraid of anyone nor are those who are filled with the holy spirit who gives them boldness as stated in the word of god.
people better check themselves and see if they are saved…..and start leading eeveryone to jesus…no ifs…ands…or buts…….seek and save the lost…….

Joanne Brokaw

posted July 7, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Connie, we can’t “make sure” anyone receives Jesus. We can only offer the gift and pray for them. I have no doubt that in the years that Crouch knew Jackson he shared the love of Jesus and the gospel of salvation. Whether Michael Jackson chose to accept Jesus’ gift was up to him.
Joanne
host of the GS blog

connie james

posted July 7, 2009 at 9:19 pm

did they tell you that they presented him with the plan of salvation?
do you know that for a fact?
i hope it’s true since so few christians had that kind of opportunity!
there will never be anymore opportunities.

Joanne Brokaw

posted July 8, 2009 at 9:07 am

No, Connie, I think that’s the entire point. People are running with stories they read online, when the reality is that what happened between Andre and Sandra, and Michael Jackson and God, is between them. So we can stop speculating.
Joanne
host of the GS blog

Allen Sipe

posted July 9, 2009 at 12:14 pm

To Connie,
It may be helpful to look at the Word of God in context. It is NOT a Christians job to save souls at all costs. Saving souls is the work of God, and he already paid the cost. Our primary responsibility is to glorify God. Then we are to be witnesses. Seeking and saving the lost, by the way, is NOT what we do! Luke 19:10 clearly states that the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost. He does the seeking and he does the saving. We do the proclaiming.

Your Name

posted July 14, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Connie, I hear what you are saying and I wonder that also. Here is more food for thought….THIS should be a lesson to all of us. Maybe the Crouches thought they would ‘win him over’ in time but that time was cut short.

Gregory

posted August 21, 2009 at 11:15 pm

ALLEN
It IS our job as christians to spread the word to the ends of the world about JESUS. we are the voice for the almighty GOD. so as a christian you, ALLEN, have a responsibility to follow the word of GOD and DO.

Your Name

posted January 15, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Like so many others, I felt an unctioning to get in contact with Michael about two weeks prior to his death. The Lord allowed me to know the pain that Michael felt in his heart. He knew that he was adored by many as a celebrity, but he was hurting because he wasn’t sure that he was loved as a person. He felt very lonely and misunderstood. I was supposed to contact him, and assure him that there were many of us back here, in Gary, Indiana, who loved him as a person. Most of all, God did see him, and I was supposed to let him know that he had a special call on his life, and that God wanted to use him in a special way. I prayed, and made the excuse that I didn’t know how to contact Michael. It was a few days later that I learned that I was working with his cousin who was in constant contact with him. I expressed to her that I was concerned about his welfare, but because she confirmed that she was a Jehovah’s Witness, I was apprehensive about telling her that God had given me a message for him. So, I never asked her for his contact information, but I was sure that her admittance to me and her sharing of family photographs with me was God’s way of answering my excue that I didn’t know how to contact him. I was so heart broken that I had not contacted him after I learned of his death, and shared what God had put on my heart concerning him with another co-worker. She was excited to hear it, because she said that God had put the same thing on her heart, but felt that people would not understand. God saw and knew Michael in this life. Despite my short comings, I believe that Michael was used of God as I sit back and listen to many of his recordings which cried out to mankind to make a change for the better. So, I cannot judge, but I do believe that Michael, somehow, knew God, because God did not forget about him.

Beverly

posted January 15, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Your Name

posted March 25, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Go on this website called http://www.Reflectionsonthedance.com its will tell you everything about Michael Jackson. and his Faith in God. and, truth about who he was. beautiful website.

BigBlackRod

posted November 17, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Unwashed Savage: So, if I died without ever knowing your God, I’d go to heaven anyway, because of my ignorance?
Dedicated Missionary: Yes, God wouldn’t punish you, because you had no way of knowing.
Unwashed Savage: So, why’d you tell me?
PEACE.

john

posted January 5, 2011 at 11:28 pm

WOW! Have you all been deceived.

WordSword

posted May 4, 2011 at 11:08 am

Jesus made it pretty clear . . .”You will know them by their fruit.”

This Time

posted May 26, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I certainly agree that too much time and effort are wasted following celebrities while ignoring those nearest to us, both physically and emotionally. Thank you for this message.

Bro

posted July 24, 2013 at 2:07 am

Hey very nice blog!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?I’m glad to find numerous helpful info right here in the post, we’d like develop extra strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Another Blog To Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!

posted 4:04:02pm Mar. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Davy Jones dies and I say goodbye to my childhood
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hzusE4veM&feature=youtu.be] Greetings, dear Beliefnet readers! It's been a while since I posted - I'm kind of in limbo right now with entertainment writing, as I've made the move to animals and faith. You can read more on my personal blog,Notes From The

posted 7:13:01pm Feb. 29, 2012 | read full post »

The X Factor final performances - care to predict a winner?
Tonight was the final performance episode of this first season of The X Factor in the US, and what a way to end the competition. The three finalists - Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene, and Melanie Amaro - pulled out all of the stops for their final performances. First, each performed a duet with a star,

posted 9:45:43pm Dec. 21, 2011 | read full post »

Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Honest.
  Rock fans and women around the world are breathing a collective sigh of relief: Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Despite rumors of his demise, the charming rock legend is alive and well. It appears to have started with a fake blog post reporting that Bon Jovi suffered cardiac arrest. However at a

posted 8:13:10pm Dec. 19, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor final four results: Marcus goes home
On tonight's The X Factor results show, Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene went through to the next round and Marcus Canty was sent home. OK, OK, I know, I know. I 've been hard on Marcus Canty the last few weeks, so you may be thinking that I'm happy he went home tonight. I wasn't happy

posted 9:25:44pm Dec. 15, 2011 | read full post »