Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

The real story about Rev Timothy Wright’s current condition and the email asking for donations

posted by Joanne Brokaw

RevTimothyandBettyWright.jpgI got an email today from someone I didn’t know telling me that some folks were raising money to pay for Rev. Timothy Wright’s medical care at the Kessler Institute. As you may remember, Rev. Wright was involved in a fatal car accident on July 4 that killed his beloved wife Betty and their grandson, DJ. He has been at the Geisinger Medical Center in PA since the accident.
To be honest, the “press release” was clearly not professional and contained what appeared to be personal information. To my skeptical self, it looked like it could possibly be someone taking advantage of the situation.
As your faithful blog host, I want to bring you not just the news but the facts, so I spent much of the afternoon checking out the details, starting with the Geisinger Medical Center in PA and ending with Laurie Schneider, a dear friend of the Wright family who along with David Wright is the reverend’s medical proxy.

So here’s the real story, directly from Laurie (who is an amazing woman and should be commended for the help she’s been able to give the family over the past month):
Rev. Timothy Wright was indeed transferred from Geisinger Medical Center in PA to the Kessler Institue in NJ. He does not have health insurance, other than VA coverage, and after investigating the various VA hospitals Laurie and the family decided that Rev. Wright’s best chances to recover as fully as possible would be at the Kessler Institute in NJ.
Rev. Wright has a severe C4 spinal cord injury. He is still on a respirator, which can be removed for an hour a day, and when off he can speak. Doctors expect that Rev. Wright will be on a respirator for 4-6 more weeks but will eventually be able to breathe on his own.
Rev. Wright was able to sit up today in a wheelchair for the first time, and Laurie tells me that he can feel pain in both his shoulder and neck, which is a good thing.
Laurie explained that she was able, at her own expense, to help get Rev. Wright admitted to the Kessler Institute and have his first week of medical expenses covered, but the family indeed is asking for his church community to send support if they feel led. It is likely they will need upwards of $100,000 to cover his stay at the Kessler. The family is also planning a benefit concert to help raise money for his medical expenses and further rehabilitation.
If you want to contribute to Rev. Wright’s medical expenses, here is the CORRECT information. (The information included in the email is not correct.)
Checks in the amount of $500 or more should be made out to The Kessler Institute. In the memo line please write: FOR TIMOTHY WRIGHT.
Checks under $500 should be made out to Timothy Wright.
ALL checks should be mailed to this address:
Timothy Wright Trust
c/o Timothy Wright
3399 Lawson Blvd.
Oceanside, NY 11572
If you have any questions about donating, about the medical expenses, or about the reverend’s condition, visit the Reverend’s MySpace page for updated and official information and to learn how you can help.
RELATED POSTS
Rev. Timothy Wright may be home for the holidays
Rev. Timothy Wright and family involved in tragic car crash
Rev. Timothy Wright update
To send condolences to the Wright Family …
Video of Rev. Timothy Wright benefit in Syracuse, NY

Chanelle

posted August 2, 2008 at 12:11 pm

I think it is so sad that individuals are using this “tragedy” as personal gain. That is definitely the sign of a sick mind…

MISS JOHNSON

posted August 2, 2008 at 1:13 pm

To God be the Glory for the things he has done. Even in this the devil have no victory….As Hezikiah say Power Belongs to God. Let the Liar Lie….But God’s word be true…. His word say WHATSOEVER A MAN SOWETH THAT SHALL HE ALSO REAP…SO THE LIAR AND BACKBITER WILL BE JUDGE.

Joanne Brokaw

posted August 2, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Chanelle – please please don’t misunderstand: the general gist of the email that is circulating is correct, it’s just that it doesn’t give all the info, and I wanted to make sure my readers had the correct info.
I don’t believe anyone was trying to commit fraud and I’m not accusing anyone of that! I was skeptical when I got the email and wanted to get the facts.
Thanks!
Joanne
host of the Gospel SoundCheck

nikkib4u69

posted August 3, 2008 at 1:29 am

I think that in the end sin is sin judging someone when u don’t know what you are talking about is a sin! and the family has been asking for donations from the begining in lieu of flowers to help with cost. People are so much into themselves that they sit up and post negative things if you are going to help help if you are not then leave it alone! I have been following this since the accident happened and kept up with the facts and I sent a donation and will be sending another for Rev. Timothy Wright. Everybody wants to say we love him and are praying. Faith without work is deead. There are enough celeberties in the C.O.G.I.C that could pay the entire cost but people in this world today just don’t wanna know as Marvin Winians song says.
just needed to vent
Nikkib4u69

StanBlack

posted August 4, 2008 at 12:00 pm

There are enough churches in COGIC alone that if each church donated 1000 dollars, it would be more than enough to pay the bills.

Renee

posted August 4, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Nikkib4u69!…you took the words right out of my mouth.
Pastor Wright is a HUGE part of COGIC. He’s at EVERY convention ministering and giving!!… I can’t understand WHY can’t the church just take care of it. Surely … nevermind.
I don’t want to turn this into a negative page.
My prayers will continue.

Miss'y Lisa Scott

posted August 4, 2008 at 1:38 pm

In the early nineties, I was charged with operating a shelter for the homeless in the Bronx. We held a benefit to generate some additional operating capital. Rev. Timothy Wright was one of many gospel artists we sought to participate . Promises were made by some, Rev Timothy Wright came and Blessed us with his presence and songs. He refused payment. Now I am pleased to send him my donation.
Miss’y Lisa Scott

Lady C

posted August 4, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Thank you for providing an honest update. So many stories are floating around but we just want the man back with us in good condition so he can continue the work that God has prescribed for him to do.
Blessings…

God's Child

posted August 4, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Lord Bless, whether are not we are a C.O.G.I.C. as a child of God we all should chip in, he should not have to worry about medical bills after losing his wife and grandson, come on let’s show him that he is indeed loved, if we all pitched in it would not be a burden on just some of us, but all of us should carry our brother’s burden in Christ, you may be up today but things can change, and I’m quite sure we would want the same support. GOD BLESS!!

Ms. Memphis

posted August 4, 2008 at 2:58 pm

As said in the 3rd comment. I don’t want to sound or make this a negative blog either. However, the truth is the truth. I am from Memphis, Tn, & my mom is a member of the late G.E. Pattersons church, I said that to say this, I have seen the large crowds & large amount of COGIC members, when they come here yearly, and I’m sure no one would really mind giving for Rev. Wrights well being, after seeing the moneys collected in these gatherings for building funds, & etc. There should be no problem collecting whatever is needed for one of your own in need. We as a people really do need to learn to practice what we preach. $100,000 should not be a problem, due to the amount of COGIC members in the Memphis community alone!
God Bless

Jewel

posted August 4, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Hi Renee-
No “not.. never mind”. The church rakes in millions and millions of dollars and then some. I don’t mind sending money people of God, regardless of who they are if I am led to (they don’t even have to be in obvious need as far as I am concerned). But really, a ministry or two should be able to wipe this bill out – period. This man has given much to THE Gospel of Jesus Christ and should be able to reap some benefit from that while here on earth. Pastor Wright’s music ministry has been such a blessing in my life. I do hope that CEO’s, CFO’s and whoever else sits over some of these mega ministries come through in a big way for Rev. Wright.
-Jewel

Mr. Davis

posted August 4, 2008 at 3:49 pm

First of all I pray all will be well for the Rev. Now with that out the way, this is why I don’t like all this church stuff. You have a good man thats in a bad moment in his life and he has to beg for money. Was up with his church? All that money they have and all those tax cuts! The church needs to do better…

Ms. Infinity

posted August 4, 2008 at 5:02 pm

My prayers go out to the Wright family and the entire Christian Family. When one of our own hurt we all should be hurting and take whatever measures to make sure they are taken care of. Therefore, I see no harm in asking for monetary donation, regardless of the church affiliation. When we get to heaven there won’t be a COGIC, Pentacostal, Baptist and/or Catholic Section. We all will one be big family fellowshiping and praising the Lord! That is what God expects of us, to come together as one. So, if I may urge those that can and will —- PLEASE DONATE!!

S. Smith

posted August 4, 2008 at 5:03 pm

People love to take negative shots at the church, but we always run to the church and Jesus when we fall on hard times. The Church Of God And Christ is a very honorable and noble organization, which believes in doing everything by the word of God. Yes, a lot of money is raised by the church, but it’s NOT just sitting around in baskets and going towards extravagant suits for the pastor or Cadillacs. Instead, COGIC funds goes towards ministering the Gospel to not only the local church, but the world, donating towards hunger in Africa, Haiti, USA and other places, helping detox those on drugs and alcohol, tutoring programs for our young people, skid row ministries, HIV AIDS ministries in the USA and abroad, paying a number of paid church staff employees, not to mention the church water, gas and electric and cleaning bill. I’m certain COGIC has and will continue to help out our dear brother Rev. Timothy Wright, but we should not get into the habit of always saying demeaning, negative things about God’s house.

Anonymous

posted August 4, 2008 at 5:18 pm

I agree with most comments posted, but you have false people where ever you go. So just please be careful when sending donations and use the proper address above. There are a couple of benefit concerts that I have heard of that is about to take place on LongIsland and with every one of Gods people banding together we should be to take care of this great man of God. God said in his word I’ve never seen the rightous forsaken or his seed begging for breed.
concerned member from LongIsland

kristy

posted August 4, 2008 at 6:42 pm

Cogic should have plenty of money to take care of him… period!!!

Pastor Dennis M. Peterson

posted August 4, 2008 at 8:37 pm

The Refuge Temple COGIC Family of Englewood, New Jersey are yet praying for Pastor Wright and his family, and are believing that God will sustain them and interceed on their behalf, like he always does.
There is nothing too hard for Him, and this includes the present condition of Pastor Timothy Wright! By faith, we see him coming back better than ever! Pastor Willie James Campbell preached at Evangelist Wrights funeral, “After this, we shall live!” We speak prophetically over Pastor Wright and his family, because the just shall live by faith! We release all necessary provision because His word said, “He shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory, through Christ Jesus!

Min. Andre W. M. Peterson

posted August 4, 2008 at 9:16 pm

The Church of God in Christ is the greatest church in the world! Eld. Timothy Wright is a proud member of this church and is a dynamic preacher and soloist used for the up-building of God’s kingdom. Let’s keep him, his family, and church in prayer. Let’s not talk negatively about this wonderful church or the leaders. Instead, let’s pray. God bless everybody!

Joanne Brokaw

posted August 4, 2008 at 10:10 pm

A NOTE FROM YOUR BLOG HOST
Hey, folks, thanks for the comments about Rev. Wright. However, if I may respectfully interrupt, I think that a discussion about the Church of God in Christ and their finances might perhaps be better aired somewhere else. I posted the donation info as a help to the family, not to start a debate about COGIC’s finances (or anyone else’s for that matter).
If you’d like to help, you have the info. I know the family appreciates your prayers and notes of encouragment, so please keep posting those!
Joanne
host of the Gospel SoundCheck

Anonymous

posted August 4, 2008 at 10:38 pm

What about the gospel community, Kirk Franlin, Shirley Ceaser, Yorlanda Adams, etc. These people have deep pockets. Why can’t they help?

christine

posted August 4, 2008 at 10:58 pm

GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

tdop

posted August 5, 2008 at 2:20 am

Wow. We are the Church. Living, walking, breathing daily according to the Word of God. This man and his family are suffering a great loss and so have all of us that are truly in the kinship of the Kingdom of God who art in Heaven and has no respect of persons. Definitely, not recognizing us by membership to a church called ?..?—.Get my drift. Pray!!!!!!!!!!!!! This man has to deal with a life without his wife from now on and look at his son who’s son (his Grandson)that can never be replaced. God has allowed this according to His perfect will. The money will come from the north the south the east and the west. Because the rest of us non-religious, God mindful, believers expect God to show forth HIS glory in the mist of the sorrow this family has to endure. Pastor Wright, we love you on this side of Jersey. I grew up listening to your music. Thank God for your obedience. You are not forgotten.

J.W.

posted August 5, 2008 at 8:54 am

you know I think its a shame to know that this email had to be sent at all. Timothy Wright has been affiliated with the largest pentacostal organization in the world the Church of God in Christ. Has been apart all of his life, he’s been a recording artist, Elder, and pastor and no telling what other offices he may hold. He has paid his dues, reports, and all other damnable offerings that’s required and you mean to tell me that this tragedy doesn’t warrant their help. $100,000.00? in their conventions they make close to that in the day sessions, not including the registrations etc.
I thought that was suppose to be the point of being under that type of covering and protection of the organization. You would think after being a faithful member of this organization for over 30 years Bishop Blake and his jurisdictional Bishop would say send his bills to the us we got him, and cover the church as well. You know I don’t care what people say and I’m sure some idiot whose a faithful COGICteer would want to defend this mess, but the truth is for this to be a so called christian organization this should be and embarrassment. For the family and church to have to send out emails asking for help. It should be that whatever else that comes from the mail by way of help should be for the upkeep of his home maybe, insurances, utilities etc.
I’m sorry but DENOMINATIONS MAKE ME SICK!!!
Oh and yes I am a pastor and I said it. Why give and serve in an organization and then when tragedy hits I can’t call for help AND GET IT! I BET THE BISHOP’S ARE GON’ GET THEIR OFFERING AIN’T HE…

Prayer Warrior

posted August 5, 2008 at 9:02 am

I was reading some of the comments and it saddens me to read a lot of the comments. We must remember that this is not about a church but a brother in Christ and his family. We are helpers one to another and we are our brothers keeper. This is a time to where we should bind together and bombard Heaven with our prayers and those that able to give whatever amount to give it. The prayers of the righteous availeth much. It does not matter what church all that matters is that there is a need. Forget about who and what church should or should not do, think about this if every person that knows about this would just send $1.00 there would be more than enough to take care of the hospital bill, the rehab bill, and to help Elder Wright and the family to get back up on there feet. Stop looking for one person, one church, to give it all and if we all pitched in and do something. Little is MUCH with God in it.
My concern is which address do you send some to, it would be better if there was one address and either the family managed it or someone from Elder Wright’s church(financial person) handle this. Let’s just keep praying and if anyone is doing something wrong God will handle them.

Concerned

posted August 5, 2008 at 9:41 am

To the pastor who said “denominations make me sick”… what are you teaching your people about unity. When we all meet God, it’s not going to be denominations but it will be those who worked TOGETHER to build the body of Christ. I’d like to ask you… how much have you sent? How do you know the Church of God in Christ has not given anything to Pastor Wright? You lead a lot of people to believe there is no support. The purpose of the article is not that the family is begging for help but simply saying if you want to help where you need to go to take care of it. I agree with the Prayer Warrior, it’s not a denomination or one church who should support, but it is all of us who should extend our assistance. We don’t bash each other but we encourage one another. Be careful of what you speak and bash, you never know when a need may fall at your feet and because you separate yourself you may not have anyone to help you up. It might be the same denomination that you have talked about who comes to your side. Prayerfully, you do not teach your members to hate and dispise people because they are a part of an organized body.

COGIC ELDER

posted August 5, 2008 at 10:05 am

TO:JW/PASTOR… PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE COGIC PEOPLE ARE ASSISTING PASTOR WRIGHTS FAMILY, ETC. THE LADY WHO IS HELPING FROM HER PERSONAL FUNDS IS TO BE COMMENDED. IT WOULD BE SO NICE IF YOU WOULD LAY ASIDE YOUR CRITICISM OF COGIC AND UTILIZE YOUR ENERGY IN A MORE POSITIVE MANNER. THE LORD WILL BLESS YOU. I AM SURE AS YOU ARE THAT THERE ARE THOSE IN EVERY ORGANIZATION THAT HAVE FAULTS BUT PLEASE SIR DO NOT LUMP US ALL TOGETHER. I AM QUITE PLEASED THAT MY GOD DOES NOT LOOK DOWN ON US AS A DENOMINATION BUT JUDGES US INDIVIDUALLY. PLEASE MY BROTHER STOP THE “HATING” AND PLEASE LOVE US. “WE MEAN WELL. I AM SORRY THAT YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND US. WE DO LOVE YOU….. SERVANT, COGIC ELDER

Sis April

posted August 5, 2008 at 10:10 am

God bless you and your family at this time and always. You and Co-Pastor have been there for me personally. I am doing my bit as one of your flock. I urge others to do their best and refrain from negativity. You are a blessing to me and I thank you!

favored lady

posted August 5, 2008 at 11:26 am

Reading these comments saddens me greatly. Why is it that this post and the email has been taken out of context? This information has never said that no one has contributed, they are just asking for donations. We do not know if this is the total cost or just a portion of the cost. As well as he has hospital bills there are personal issues also that need to be taken care of. We are blasted a religious organization and have no idea what they have done and are already doing. Yes he is with COGIC but he is still a Man of God and a child of God. How can you sit here as men and women of God and say the things you are saying. If you do not want to donate then don’t and just let it be. All this attacking the church and gospel artist is not necessary. Once again we do not know what people have done and because there is not an email circulating about who has contributing what we go to assuming. This man has suffered a great tradgedy and all you all can do is sit around and say negative things. You need to put your words to praying and stop the gossiping and finger pointing. If this was you and your family you would want support and not all this foolishness. When Jesus healed and delivered people he did not look at their social status or their affiliaton he just healed. This Man of God just needs healing and prayer if you do not want to donate then don’t. Keep your mouth off of him and the COGIC because words are powerful and you never know what you are speaking in the atmosphere over your own life. Please let’s not assume and let’s stop this foolishness. We talk about the people in the world but let this had been a secular artist, they would have pulled together and made it happen for them without all this foolishness. Use your words for prayer!

J.W.

posted August 5, 2008 at 4:01 pm

I’m going to tell you what saddens me since everyone is so about my comment. I truly commend the young lady that personally took her funds to help with the first week that is OUTSTANDING and truly the Father will reward her 100 fold for it. MY concern is simply this and i will make it plain, I’m talking about the possible $100,000 needed to take care of the bill. My point was that being that he has been apart of that particular organization paying money, dues, service as an Elder. All I’m saying is if that was the case where they had done that then there would be no need to ask for donations for the bill. All the money that we send would help with other expenses that he may be worried about being that he was the Pastor and provider for his home. Possible car notes, insurances, utilities, and whatever else the rest of his family is having to tend to while he’s recovering.
What I teach about my people about UNITY? I teach what the Bible says book of Acts the people gave to the Apostles and THEY DISTRIBUTED TO ALL THAT THERE WAS NOT ANY LACK AMONG THEM,,,,, THEM THEM NOT THE APOSTLES… BUT THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE WILLINGLY. Sweet people unless you are blinded by religion then you can not see the point that concerns me. The COGIC is an organization not the CHURCH, it is an organzation of churches, the CHURCH is the body of Christ. When you become apart of an organization you do so for covering, guidance, spiritual enrichment, and as a church if the pastor or that church suffers any harm or deficit that organization is suppose to be obligated to be that parent church and bare the burden of said ministry. Why? because the church pays reports, the pastor pays reports, dues, and fee’s for licenses into the organization.
In closing my point was in case I didn’t make it clear it would have sounded better to me if they would have said that the family needed assistance or something to that effect.
Oh and to answer the other question our organization raised an offering of $1000 the Sunday we heard and sent it and put him, remaining family, church family on a prayer watch, and what’s funny is my Bishop don’t know him but because of being UNITY minded he had all affiliate ministries to respond.

J.W.

posted August 5, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Honestly I was devasted when I heard of the incident, because I grew up on Pastor Wrights music.
To COGIC ELDER: You know I’m not hating the truth is I was first licensed COGIC First Jurisdiction of Louisiana by the Honorable Bishop RLH Windbush so i know well what I’m saying, why does TRUTH have to be hate? Oh and by the way I never said the COGIC people aren’t helping take time and read sir.. I spoke directly to the issue I have I said Bishop Blake, and your Jurisdictional Bishop. I am certain that people are helping because Pastor Wright is a viable force in the gospel industry. What you don’t understand is that I’ve watched Pastors give and give and support and get hit with tragedy and they are abandoned by that very same organization. TRUE! it’s suppose to be about the body of Christ world-wide and unity, but what happens to the unity and care that we are commanded to take care of ONE ANOTHER SIR?
TO Favored Lady: One point is correct R.Kelly is a pervert and the world continues to buy his records, Michael Jackson, and others the world still loves their own and gives willingly. My only point is the church is suppose to be different especially these churches who brag and flaunt wealth and riches.
I’m done with this because I don’t want to further sadden the people who struggle with just plain old truth. We will remain in prayer for Pastor Timothy until the perfect will of God is done.
Peace unto you all

FaminChrist

posted August 5, 2008 at 9:26 pm

I am saddened by the tragic accident of the Wright family and wish to express my deepest regret for the current situation.  However,  it would be a grave injustice for the Wright family or their representatives not to pursue or hold accountable the vehicle insurance carrier for the responsible party that caused the accident or to seek legal representation in this matter. The family is in our prayers.  Your family in Christ.

Joanne Brokaw

posted August 5, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Again, I respectfully remind you, that if you have ANY questions at all about Rev Wright or his medical expenses, or who is donating what, or what your church’s denomination is doing, or you wish to bring up concerns about finances or needs of the family, please go to the Reverend’s MySpace page and contact them there.
Thanks!
Joanne
host of the Gospel SoundCheck

Anonymous

posted August 5, 2008 at 11:00 pm

I’m quite certain, blindfolded, that his medical costs are well over a half a million dollars for the duration of time he was in the hospital and the extent of his injuries. Critical information for the Wright family if VA coverage did not cover the costs: check with the HOSPITAL social service worker who will be able to direct you all to the public medical programs that he may qualify for (which would re-imburse the hospital for most of its bill and if the hospital submits the paperwork, it is approved much faster), and/or PRIVATE funding and donations for patients without insurance that they never make publicly known. He may be eligible for private funds, or they may even have a sliding scale where they will pro-rate the charges based upon Elder Wright’s income/ability to pay. This may involve a bit of paperwork, but it is nothing compared to coming up w/the $.

Anonymous

posted August 6, 2008 at 2:19 am

unfortunate tragedy…..a word for the wise…make sure your PASTOR has health and life insurance policy……..soo go make a motion or a suggestion to your churches board memebers…I wonder what happens to those pastors who are not known nationally?FATHER GOD HEAL HIM AND HE SHALL BE HEALED SAVE HIM AND HE SHALL BE HEALED. PLEASE GOD GIVE YOUR PEOPLE WISDON, LOVE AND A SOUND MIND AS THEY ADDRESS THE NEEDS OF YOUR SERVANT AND HIS FAMILY.

Anonymous

posted August 6, 2008 at 3:02 am

this is not a COGIC issue but an america(USA) issue….unfortunately many people people in america(USA) deal with this crisis every day…….medical care should be made available for all people….without the fear of going into debt..no matter how much money they have or dont have…sad tragedy he lost his wife…he is laying up in a hospital bed he cant even afford……WOW! we live in some kind of country-society…why is medical care so expensive anyway.???.
Saints pray in the name of JESUS. we/Elder Wright truely need GOD’s help in this matter.james tells us what to do..
James 2:14-18 (New Living Translation)
14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?
15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing,
16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”
amen….FATHER GOD WE NEED YOUR HELP ONCE AGAIN…

Anonymous

posted August 6, 2008 at 10:48 am

This is a tragic and a senseless act of someone who should not have been at the wheel of a car. But that’s neither here or there. There is a blessing somewhere in this tragic accident. No one knows what it is , but God does. People, PRAY!!! We know that God, know that he is able. Father God in the name of Jesus, I speak healing, I speak life in Rev Timothy Wright. I know that you are a healer, and I know there is nothing inpossible for you. I speak peace in his life in the name of Jesus for the lost of his wife and grandson in the name of Jesus, AMEN.
Fathe God show up and show OUT!

melted uniondaleny

posted August 7, 2008 at 11:11 pm

I would like to give my heartfelt condolences for Rev. Timothy Wright and his family for the loss of his beloved wife and grandson. I am praying for a full recovery for Rev. Wright. It will be tough experiencing such a great loss, he will have peaks and valleys but Jesus will pull him through, I’m a believer that God will comfort him during his time of sorrow and grief. I read the posting about him not having private insurance, someone on the blog provided vital information about going to the hospital social worker to see what type of assistance he can obtain. I have worked in the hospital for over 12 years, and know that although he does not have private health insurance, I am trying to comprehend why his coverage is not through his car insurance since his condition is from a car accident? Normally when a person has a car accident, their medical claims are filed through their car insurance (No Fault insurance). I’m sure he has car insurance medical coverage, why don’t the hospital file through his car insurance for his medical care? Also even if his car insurance medical coverage gets depleted, someone should be going after the other party’s (person who killed his wife and grandson in the accident) car insurance to cover whatever his car insurance does not cover? I am just wondering if this was done at all, what is the story about his car insurance? If all of this is exhausted, most hospitals have a department that checks the patient’s finances to determine if they can help the patient get temporary medicaid or other charitable coverage for uninsured patients. Someone really needs to look into this before asking for contributions. There may be coverage or a fund that the hospital may have to assist him, so he will not get strapped with escalating bills after he is discharged from the hospital. The key is helping him not have extreme financial debt after he leaves the hospital, he already has sustained a great loss and should not have to worry about medical bills. Also some of the gospel entertainers should get together and have several concerts and fund raisers for this great man of God. We as black people need to come together to help someone in need, especially hospital bills. I’m sure that the Gospel entertainers can give some of their concert profits to help Reverend Wright pay for his hospital expenses. God will ultimately provide, but we have to trust in him. Wishing the Wright family take solace in Christ, he will take care of them and supply their needs. GOD BLESS THE WRIGHT FAMILY!

Barb

posted August 7, 2008 at 11:56 pm

Since Rev. Wright is VA eligible he should be covered through Tri-Care/Champus Insurance. He is allowed to receive medical attention at any hospital through this carrier. You might want to request the VA Benefits Book. In addition to usng your medical coverage through your car insurance, you can consider suing the entity (State/local government, etc. who owns the road where the accident occurred. I pray this information will be helpful. Peace and blessings to all!

christine warren

posted August 10, 2008 at 9:43 am

To the Wright family
May the peace of God and his wisdom give you the understanding that will guide you through all the issues you are facing.
I pray that your health is restored and your faith in Jesus never fails you at this time. Think of all the words oc encouragements you have spoken in others lives and just turn sideways and encourage yourself, speak life to yourself because the bottom line is no one knows what you are really going through like you.
The best insurance policy is the one God provides.
Love Christine, Gary In

o m p

posted August 10, 2008 at 7:04 pm

someone please give me an up date on pastor timothy wright?

Joanne Brokaw

posted August 11, 2008 at 12:52 pm

At last word, Rev. Wright is doing well at the Kessler Institute, and according to news reports doctors expect him to make a full recovery after several months of care. I think for now he and the family need prayers and encouragement!
Joanne
host of the Gospel Soundcheck

Elder James Dancer Sr.

posted August 11, 2008 at 5:53 pm

My prayer go out for Timothy Wright and his family.

Minister Romie Brown

posted August 12, 2008 at 8:55 am

A merry heart does good, like medicine (Proverb 17:22). It is my prayer for Reverend Wright to be fully restored so that he will be able to carry on what the Lord has for him to do. Joy, peace, happiness, but most importantly, Love.
Minister Brown

Sis. Angel

posted August 12, 2008 at 6:52 pm

To Rev. Wright and family;
God is in control. Troubles don’t last always. Hear my cry oh Lord from the ends of the earth will I cry unto thee. We are praying for you.
Sis. Angel

lisa hubbard

posted August 13, 2008 at 1:17 pm

To Rev. Wright and family,
May God Bless you and keep you and make His face to smile upon you and be gracious unto you. My prayers are with you continually. I pray God’s strength and peace upon you.
Love and Blessings
Lisa Hubbard
Houston, TX

Candy

posted August 15, 2008 at 6:45 pm

I don’t know if my comment will be posted or not. It s not my intention to be negative but to bringtruthadn ballance. I went to a church where Reverend Wright was teh guest preacher , but he never preached the word. He asked peopel to get in a line to give $100. He then said anyone who did nto give would have something bad happen to take the money after church. I was disappointed to be in God’s House during His hour ad nt hear the word,and also I was tod after I left n offer of Salvation was given. As I and another couple were headed to th dor, Timothy Wright shouted to teh usher. “Let em outif they want to leave. This is a shame. He had an oportunty to preach teh gospel but did not. Now he wishign for one mor chance t preach. I am truly sorry for hsi condition adn pray he recovers, but this story eneds t be tld. Reverend Wright used his time in thsi church t brag on his cars adn home adn his prosperity yet he does not have Insurance. Somethign is out of wack. And yes it is a shame today that preachers expect those of us in teh body of Christ to supply theri every need. There was apost that said nto to call or g by the Wrigh tfamiyl home just send money. This tels it all.

Anonymous

posted August 19, 2008 at 10:18 am

God help us all.

Anonymous

posted August 19, 2008 at 10:20 am

The music business is very competitive and hard life; Help your brother. God help us all. Thank you Pastor Wright for the beautiful song you have give us.

Angela

posted August 20, 2008 at 9:32 am

It is my continuous pray for the recovery of Rev. Timothy Wright. The enemy is attacking harder than ever on the body of Christ and the people of God but it shall not hinder the work of the Lord being performed in his Life. LIVE ON REV. WRIGHT!!! People need your songs to bring LIfe. Yes, I am a believer!!!! Love Ya.

Anonymous

posted August 20, 2008 at 9:37 pm

This comment is directed at Candy…Although it would be easy for us to judge Rev. Wright for the past and criticize him for the things the “we feel” he did wrong in the pulpit. It is important not to forget that we all have fallen short and needed a second chance to get things right. God is giving Rev. Wright that opportunity, so we should do the same. I totally agree with you that it is totally unacceptable that he didn’t have insurance in this day and time but we can’t change that now. Hopefully his church will add that to his salary package when he gets back in the pulpit. Note I said “WHEN” he gets back in the pulpit. I pray for Rev. Wright and his family during this difficult time and we (the body of Christ) need to support them in any way we can. Hallelujah!!!!

MSI

posted August 22, 2008 at 7:10 pm

First, I want to say that my heart and prayers go out to Rev. Timothy Wright and his family (both spirtual & natural).
Secondly, I want to address the negative comments made by this obviously OVER ZEALOUS SAINT(?).
I do not question whether or not you have the gift of discernment, BUT I am skeptical about how you are using it. The revelation that I get from I Corinthians 12-14 concerning Spiritual Gifts, is that we are given a Spiritual Gift that tends to be more dominate in our ministry over the others; however, “these gifts are of one body.” When this dominate gift is invoked, it should be done in cooperation with our other gifts . If you tap into “word of wisdom”, and “word of knowledge,” you SHOULD be able to discern that foul spirit within yourself that caused you the equate this tragic incident as GOD’s punishment towards Rev. Wright because of the tactics he used to collect an offering.
I believe that your ideology shows that you have a deficiency of the “Fruits of The Spirit” (Galatians 5:22 & 23), and it discounts the purpose of Jesus Christ dying for the remission of our sins. If you “love” GOD, don’t misuse your gift to discredit the Man of GOD.
Futhermore, before he is any title the man may have given him, Timothy Wright is a man, just like us. We all make mistakes. Your disposition with the way he does certain things does not mean that his ministry as a Musician, Songwriter, & Pastor is not effective.
I pray that moving forward you use your gift to bring lost souls into the Body of Christ and to edify the saints.
It’s all Love ma bro/sis in Christ
Min. Spiritual Intellect aka “MSI”

Anonymous

posted September 2, 2008 at 3:36 pm

Wow!!! If I didn’t know the word for myself and was (not) a church goer. There would be (NO) way in (HELL) that I would (ever) step into a church after reading some of these ridiculous comments. It’s comments like this that turn (non) beleivers off from christianity/religion. This is so sad.
My prayers are with Rev. Wright and the Wright Family. God Bless us All!

Lina

posted September 4, 2008 at 3:13 pm

I am so sorry for what this precious family has gone through!!!
It could have happened to anybody!!!
I work in healthcare, and I have always said, “one big illness could wipe out any savings account”…
My prayers are with you all!!!
We don’t know why bad things happen to good people!!!
God bless and thank you for the updates!!!

FC

posted September 6, 2008 at 5:42 pm

Who among us can stand faultess ?, if not for grace and mercy where would I/you be? We should covet our brothers and sisters in time of turmoil and strife, instead of plummet to the depths of allegations and slander.What if God himself read these blogs and made us/you stand up with the burden of proof or submit to enternal damnation.The fact of the matter is if you have nothing great to say about a situation, no matter what you know or think you know “BE QUIET”.The tongue is a mighty sword,weilded by saints and sinners alike.Becareful of what you speak on someone elses life,be a friend give….give of your time(pray),talent(pray), and if you can your finances……If no finances ,just(pray),and God will do the rest.

Barlas Pad

posted September 6, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Grace and Peace in abundance to Rev Wright and his family. Before the foundation of the world God in his infinite mercy know what was going to happen to his children that he called out of darkness and into his marvelous light. God knows everything and he allows things to happen according to his purpose. So please don’t say anything other than God is in control in Rev Wrights Situation. God has given Rev Wright every thing he needs for life and Godliness because He was called for God’s devine purpose. My family and i will stay in prayer for the Wright family

alisia smith

posted September 7, 2008 at 7:59 pm

We have no heaven or hell to put anyone in so why are we judging what he did or did not do as a man of God. We as christians are the world’s worst for bringing each other down. Christians are not like the were years ago because they would be holding Rev. Wright and his family up in pray and not trying to tear them down. So, forever is speaking negative about the man of God you might want to take your mouth off him before something even more tragic happens in your life.
God Bless the Wright family and my prayers are truly with you all.

Trevor Cooper

posted September 12, 2008 at 1:47 pm

Anyone who is able to contribute to the Wright Family Trust fund should. Anyone who is speaking negatively and agreeing in doubt is disconnected and should quite frankly shut the hell up. Love and kindness is an attribute that we all possess regardless of race, class, gender, or worldview/religion.
When crisis invades your life, will YOU be ready?

Pastor Glenn Tolbert

posted September 13, 2008 at 9:42 pm

We thank GOD for the progress that Pastor Timothy Wright is making, and that even though he lost his wife and grandson, God Is Still In Control. Life is a precious gift from God, and sometimes when life is ended because of an accident, we tend to blame God.
Our prayers are with you, and we know that God will heal all hurts, and wipe away all tears. And we pray that Pastor Wright will one day sing again to the joy of the Lord!!

jennifer

posted September 17, 2008 at 4:01 pm

we are continually lifting him up in pray because we know no weapon form against you shall prosper.
love the sis. in christ
jennifer,shirley,linda

Sister So & So

posted September 19, 2008 at 12:28 pm

I work for an insurance company and you would be amazed how many people don’t have health and life insurance, or not enough. This tragedy could have happened to anybody. However, Is there an update on Rev Wright’s health?
That’s all the matters despite the negativity… nobody is perfect!!And for those who vow not to attend church for whatever reason…that’s on you! Just make sure you are ready for the rapture.
In Christ
Sis So & So

Joanne Brokaw

posted September 19, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Sister So & So, yes here was an update:
Joanne
host of the GS blog

James

posted September 30, 2008 at 3:35 pm

I love Pastor Tim Wright and I pray that he gets better quickly, I need to hear the sound of his voice so that I can get my praise on because I certainly know that since the Lord brought me through this, he will bring me through that! please give to Timothy Wright so he can get better soon, the Lord will certainly bless you if you do!

Bernice

posted October 1, 2008 at 9:16 am

praise the Lord the James cleveland is still alive and recovering!

Terry

posted October 2, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Oh My God, How broken is our fathers heart over the things said on these pages. We must remember that God is Listening and he is booking. Every thing said will come up again in the judgement! We must be careful of what we say. The tounge is a powerful thing and is very deadly. We cannot judge anyone!! That is Gods place,we are not God. Let us pray for each other. Who is the sickest,us or Pastor Wright? Give and it shall be given unto you good measuress pressed down shaken together and running over shall men give unto you. I pray for Pastor wrights speedy recovery. I pray that he returns back to his Church family real soon. Lets remember together we stand and devided fall!!!!Lets remember that we are saved to bring people to Christ not run them away. The only Christ they will see is us. What will we show them? I don’t know about you but i plann on going to heaven and pray that my witness is not in vain. Lets get right and go to heaven together.

Patrick Brown

posted October 4, 2008 at 12:09 pm

I really like Rev. Timothy Wright. He is a Father Figure to the International Music Department. The most impressive thing to me was after hearing all of the bad news he just wanted to go to Church. It seems to me that he is even more determined to complete his work and that’s encouraging. I grew up listening to him. I’ve always been impressed with his attitude towards music. God Bless Rev. Wright

Patrick Brown

posted October 4, 2008 at 12:12 pm

Pastor Wright is a good and honorable man. He displays so much humility.

Elder Linda Wright

posted October 5, 2008 at 12:43 am

Please post an update on Pastor Wright’s condition. I am still praying for his full recovery. HE has always been very close to my heart and I A GREAT FAN OF HIS MUSIC especially JESUS JESUS JESUS. Thank God for Pastor Timothy Wright. My heart goes out to him and his family. Only God can heal the broken hearted and a brusied spirit. Please let me know how he is doing, my church is in constant prayer for him. Continue to trust God and He is definitely a Healer. We love you and pray for you daily.
Elder Linda Wright
New Covenant Holy Church, Burlington NC

mary jackson

posted October 6, 2008 at 1:28 pm

to the family of Rev. Timothy Wright may god bless you and keep you my prayer are with you all

Anonymous

posted October 7, 2008 at 12:40 am

To Rev. Timothy Wright and Family, I am Evangelist Ruby Terry, I would be delighted to come and participate in the benefit Concert for my friend, He and I recorded over 26 songs in the last 10 years. Please inform me of the times and dates. May God continue to bless you all, and we still believe in miracles, “But He Still Blessed Me”. Love Ruby

tyesha davis

posted October 7, 2008 at 9:30 am

hi im sorry for your lost i know its hard to be in your situation your in but keep ya head up and be strong cause i believegod does everything for a reason and oyur lost wouldnt want you to give up cause they love and always will remember you so please heel cause u gots lots of people that cares for you and you are needed in this world and your lost will always be looking down on you cause they know god kept you in this world for a reason and you will soon see why he wanted you to stay in this world and he wants you to do better and you have to have faith in everything you do and while you laying down everybody praying for you im praying for you also you mean so much to me cause i went to that place were you preeched and where they prais dancin and there were good to bye there to eat and they congraduated for the pastors wife and u was preaching words that i could under stand i never was so happy to hear the word of the lord but i even got excited i felt stong i never was into preaching till i heard you preach that night you are a good romodle to kids and i just want you to know that cause u are loved so much and you need to be stronge right now cause you are needed you got a church that needs there pastor cause aint no other pastor that can preach them the word they need your world and you lost will be preaching for you cause they love you are a really nice and caring and loving person you make every body smile and do you remember that little 5 year old baby name mookie you gave her a huge and took a pictur with her that was cute cause she loves you so much the whole baldwin family loves you and we all love you and pray for you we want you to heel this pain you go u are really love and pastor rev.dr smith pastor of faith missionary baptist in huntington ny 1174 call to this number #1- 631- 741 -1803 so you can talk to him.thank you with lots of love tyesha davis love you may god bless you amen.

co-pastor m. ball

posted October 9, 2008 at 9:47 am

Our church family at of the highway temple of love prayers are with you, through it all we know rev wright will release more songs to the glory of God ,that we may all continue to lift Jesus up , when my mom passed his song “except what God allows”truly carried me through, I know God is in control, we well send a donation

chief apostle ulysses johnson

posted October 10, 2008 at 10:16 am

yes i would also would like to be apart of that benefit concert me and my wife are keeping the wright family in constant prayer

Roz Steward- Coney

posted October 10, 2008 at 8:23 pm

My prayers are with Brother Wright and his family.
It is my prayer that God will grant Brother Wright PEACE
during this “Restoration period” in his Life.
I shall forever cherish the memory of how he pulled me from the audience to sing in his made-up choir, at our board meeting in Las Vegas.
Yes, I would love to participate in the benefit being held inhonor of Brother Wright!
GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL!
REMEMBER: “REST AND RESTORATION”

A. Justice

posted October 10, 2008 at 9:18 pm

Praise God for the progress report on Pastor Timothy Wright. God be with all of the Christian Tab famiy. I was a member of his church while living in Brooklyn Ny. Thank You Jesus that he is making progress. Pastor Wright, you and your family are forever in our prayers here in Michigan.

Bettye Tatman

posted October 19, 2008 at 9:09 pm

My prayers goes out to the Wright family. I remenber seeomg Pastor Wright walk across the floor in Detroit just before he sung at The 2008 AIM Convention this year. God be with you and your family during
this time of struggle. He knows just how much we can bear. I look forward to seeing and hearing Pastor Wright seeing and preaching again. There is nothing too hard for God. He is yet in the healing business. May God bless you to have a complete recovery and I see you walking across the stage again real soon.

PASTOR ALFRED WARREN SR

posted October 22, 2008 at 12:32 pm

My prayers for Rev Wright and HIS FAMILY, IS THAT G0D WILL SEE THEM THROUGH THIS TIME OF HARDSHIP. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH AND HOLD ON TO GOD UNCHANGING HAND.

Elizabeth Hatch

posted October 23, 2008 at 5:14 pm

GOD’S GOT A BLESSING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE WHOLE TRUTH CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST IN SWIFTOWN MS IS PRAYING FOR YOU.

Min. Donna Brfown

posted October 24, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Praise God for the praise report of Rev. Timothy Wright! He’s truly a blessing to the kingdom even while on his sick bed. He’s a living testimony. HE’S ALREADY HEALED!

Sharon Spence

posted October 28, 2008 at 7:49 am

I remember Rev. Wright from West Palm Beach where he did a Gospel Music Worshop for us years ago. As we all know he is an exceptional preacher,singer and performer and I pray that God will continue to heal his body and his heart as he continues to deal with the loss of his wife and his grandson.
I will continue to lift him up and send favor and blessings his way!!!

Mary Jeffries

posted October 30, 2008 at 6:12 am

I praise and magnify God today for Pastor Timothy Wright continued recovery. If I could sing a old one hundred song from Zion to you Pastor Wright I would sing: “Just another day, that the Lord, has kept Me” Uummmmmmmm, Just another day, that the Lord, has kept Me, Oohhhhhhhhh, He has kept me, from all evil, with my mind, stayed on Him, Just another day, that the Lord, has kept Me… Thank you, Jesus! Be blessed Pastor Wright….
This is a old song that still has anointed power. And it was laid on my heart to sing it to Pastor Timothy Wright

Simone Ward

posted November 2, 2008 at 4:55 pm

Praise the Lord! The lord is truly worthy of all honor, praise and glory. I remember as a kid, Pastor Wright would come to my home town of Waterbury, CT and my churches youth choir was able to sing with this great man on a couple of occasions. My heart truly goes out to the family for all that they have endured thus far. But, I know that God is a God of miracles and he is able to exceed abundant. I will continue to pray for Pastor Wright and his family that the Lord will continue to bless them. I pray that the Lord will bring complete healing to his body in the name of Jesus, Amen

Praying Friend

posted November 6, 2008 at 12:04 pm

I am so out of touch with the Gospel Recording community and did not know anything about this until TODAY. Our ministry will add our agreement to the many fervent request that had gone forth for Rev Timothy Wright and his family.

Evangelist Dr. Katrina Poland

posted November 7, 2008 at 11:45 pm

I remember the old songs of Timothy Wright. I’ll Be A Witness, a sanctified Witness. He is just that will send some funds and help anyway I can.
God is STILL on the Throne,,,the half has never been told!

Your Name

posted November 30, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Just a few words of encouragment to Pastor Timothy Wright and family.
Thank God it’s just another day that the Lord has kept us. If it had not been for the Lord on our side tell me where would we be! You are in our prayers and we’re looking forward to you to seeing you in Clarksdale,MS. at our USAC with Bishop Timothy Titus Scott, Amen.
Your Brother & Sister in Christ

Antrell Dirden(Cooper Temple COGIC-Miami)

posted December 15, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Our God is such an Awesome God!!! So glad to hear the Praise report because there wasn’t any other information that was given after the AIM Convention 08…. We will continue to pray for our brother and our friend Pastor Wright and his family that God sends strength to his family and complete healing and deliverance to the Man of God. :)

Sheron

posted March 26, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I pray that all is well with Rev. Timothy Wright and family. I just wanted to know if there is any lastest information concerning the current condition of Rev. Wright. On 3/24/09 (Tues), I heard some not so good news about his health on the radio about 7:00am. I was in the car on my way to the hospital. I will not repeat what I heard or what radio station I heard it on, until I verify the facts. I do pray that what I heard was not true and that he is recovering by the hands of Jesus Christ. Amen

Joanne Brokaw

posted March 26, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Sheron, Rev. Wright did take a turn for the worse a month or so ago, but I don’t have many more details. I will update you though when I get more. But the family is asking people to pray.
Joanne
host of the GS blog

Pingback: The Evens Return with New Single: Warble Factor / Timothy Wright

Frank Stapleton

posted April 10, 2012 at 7:09 am

my name is Frank Stapleton,I resides in atlanta ga.Sorry to here about Pastor Wright,and his family.I have a great ideal to raise funds to help with expenes.I can be reached at 4049141942.God Bless

lgnsmxvyhtqr

posted April 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm

lopujbmilrwr

ldodlrrmwxca

yyjmxivpraif

posted April 9, 2013 at 12:05 pm

qlfedlkmbfjb

amazing post ggnuzczloc click here

posted April 9, 2013 at 8:38 pm