Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

Rev. Timothy Wright and family involved in tragic car crash

posted by Joanne Brokaw

RevTimothyandBettyWright.jpgThe “godfather of gospel,” Rev. Timothy Wright, was critically injured and his wife and grandson were killed this weekend when their vehicle was hit head-on by driver going the wrong way on a Pennsylvania interstate.
Rev. Wright is pastor at Grace Tabernacle Christian Center in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York and a Grammy-nominated music artist with more than a dozen albums to his credit. He received a Grammy nomination in 1995 for best traditional soul gospel album for his album, Come Thou Almighty King. His latest project, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, was released in 2007. Betty and Rev. Wright were nominated for a 2008 Stellar Award for Song of the Year for the album’s title cut.
The Wrights were on their way home to Roosevelt, Long Island on Friday after attending a church conference in Detroit, Michigan. The couple was married 37 years and has five sons.
The accident occurred on Interstate 80 in Greene Township, Pennyslvania. Betty Wright was killed in the crash and the couple’s 14-year-old grandson, D.J., died at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville on Saturday.
The Associated Press reports that Rev. Wright remains in the hospital in critical condition, but is conscious, according to church congregants.
According to published reports, the wrong-way driver, John Pick, 44, of Lewisburg, Pa., was also killed in the head-on collision. The crash is under investigation.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Wright family and the congregation at Grace Tabernacle Christian Center, as well as the Pick family and everyone affected by the crash.
To learn more about Rev. Timothy Wright, visit his website.
UPDATE 4/24/09: Reverent Timothy Wright Dies
RELATED POST:
Rev. Timothy Wright may be home for the holidays
Rev. Timothy Wright update
To send condolences to the Wright Family …
The real story about Rev Timothy Wright’s current condition and the email asking for donations
Video of Rev. Timothy Wright benefit in Syracuse, NY

Anonymous

posted July 8, 2008 at 11:16 am

The devil is busy doing his job…killing, stealing, and destroying. It is us the saints of God who is lacking on our job. We need to do more praying of one another. That is where the saints of God get strenght from (there is power in number). Lets do what it is that we should be doing PRAYING. My prayer is with Rev. Wright and his family during there time of lost. I pray that Rev. Wright will be healed by the power of God and continue to bless us with the gift God has given him.

Brenda Watson

posted July 8, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Earth has know sorrow that heaven can not heal. My prayers are with Rev. Wright and his family and I feel their pain because we are one in Christ.

Brittany Garver

posted July 8, 2008 at 4:29 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Wright family in their time of need. I wish you all the best.

MARY& MYRTLE WRIGHT

posted July 8, 2008 at 5:48 pm

OUR PRAY AND THROUGHT GO OUT TO YOUR FAMILYN,GOD IS ALL AROUND US .

Barbara

posted July 8, 2008 at 6:21 pm

I am praying for the Wright family. May God be with you and your family through these hard times.

Paulie Brant

posted July 8, 2008 at 8:28 pm

My Prayers are with you and your Family. God Bless You!!

Sonya

posted July 8, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Our prayers go out to the Wright Family and Church for their lost, we know God is still in control. We pray God’s will in all things for this family.

Joyce Corcione

posted July 8, 2008 at 9:40 pm

My prayers go out to the Rev. Wright family. We never know when tragidy will strike, but one thing that will comfort the family is to know that his loved ones are in the hands of Jesus. We also need to pray for the man that was on the wrong side of the road, pray for his family also. I cannot comprehend the agony that they are going through. God Bless the families.

Rose

posted July 10, 2008 at 5:26 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

vivian m. wright

posted July 11, 2008 at 1:17 pm

we the members of the st. john inst. b.c. are sending out prayers to the wright family. we know that god is a healer. we believe here in phoenix arizona, that god will bring rev tim through. keep looking up.

Gregory Hill, Sr.

posted July 12, 2008 at 4:45 pm

I hope am pray that Mr. Wright had his act completly together, because if he did not God the Fsther will severly judge him! and that goes for anyone that was in hi shoes!

Honor Rae Patterson Drake

posted July 18, 2008 at 12:32 pm

I just happened upon this article while reading my email from “Good News for Christian Music Fans, from: Beliefnet Presents”, and what a shock to my system. I truly loved their ministry. May God rest their souls (Betty Wright and DJ), and may God heal and lift up Rev. Wright so that he may continue to do God’s work.

Vernon Connolly

posted July 18, 2008 at 7:03 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Being single (46 years old) and never married before, I can’t relate to being a father, but my father and mother also lost my sister at age 30 in 1989. I know things may not seem right for you right now, but please keep holding firm in the faith and conttiue to reach out to the lost and the unlost. I am sure your son is in heaven and has many jewels on hs crow. God bless and love you. I love you!
Sincerely,
Vernon Connolly
an Pedro, California

Gwendolyn A. Tolbert

posted July 19, 2008 at 3:35 pm

I am Sorry to hear about what happen. And my prayers go out to both Families and The Church and the many people who knew them personal.I always keep in mind that we all have to leave this earth and to live each day for God and doing my purpose that he has given me to do here on earth. Gwen Tolbert, West Park Fl faithful member of Koinonia Worship Center Pastor Eric Jones and Mayor Of West Park Fl.

HOLLY HEATH

posted July 20, 2008 at 9:10 pm

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THE NATURAL AND CHURCH FAMILY. GOD IS WITH YOU AND SO ARE THE PRAYERS OF SO MANY PEOPLE. I PRAY YOU FIND COMFORT IN TIME AND I AM SO GLAD I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING HIM AT A CHURCH CONCERT IN THE BRONX. KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED AND TIME HEALS ALL. GOD BLESS YOU AND CONTINUE TO HAVE HIS WAY IN THE VISION OF THE CHURCH.

Bambi

posted July 28, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Mr. Hill, are you serious? A man of God, regardless of his trangressions or inquiquities needs prayer, healing and miracles in a time of such pain. He doesn’t need a judgement check. Please take the time to acknowledge how your comments can affect the lives of others…it is not wise OR Christian-like to kick someone when they are already down.
I pray that the Father has mercy on you Rev. Wright, for he is a gracious and merciful God. He is a healing God, an almighty God, and there is nothing he cannot do for you…My prayers are with you and your family….In Jesus Name.

Bishop Marjorie Holt

posted July 29, 2008 at 9:15 am

Rev. Wright, this is your friend in Toledo, Oh. I pray that God continues to strengthen you at such a devastating time in your life. I know that without a doubt, it is incomprehensible for you at this time. Tragedies have no eyes to see ahead but know that because you love Jesus, you will be strengthened in this lifelong process of Gracefully adjusting. You have been blessed with so many across this country who have you at the top of their prayer list. Acts 2:44 says that “when all were together, they had all things in common. The commonality that we all have now is YOU! The Bethesda Christian Center Cathedral has your family on our minds and we intend to stay right there. Know that we love you and mourn the loss of our sister and your grandson. We want you to continue to make progress and we will see you real soon! Much love to you.
Your family in Toledo,
Bishop Marjorie Holt & Bethesda

Sandra Massenburg

posted July 29, 2008 at 10:25 am

Pastor Wright….I know prayer changes things…and there is nothing to hard for God…May god strengthen you in your time of pain and bereavement…God makes no mistakes. May God bless you and your family.

Keesia

posted July 30, 2008 at 3:25 pm

My prayers go out to you Rev. Timothy Wright and family and I pray the Almight God gives you his spirit of peace in this time of storm. As christians let us be on one accord and pray for Rev. Wright and family and pray that our GOD Almighty block the hand of the enemy who is on the prowl to seek whom ever he can devour. I love you Rev. Timothy Wright and your family. May GOD’s perfect peace be with you, be blessed.
Keesia and family
Atlanta, Ga.

G.C.

posted August 2, 2008 at 5:24 pm

I am definitely praying for Rev. Wright and his family as well as his church family. God is going to see al of them through jusy keep the FAITH!!!.
Mr. Hill everyone is entitle to their opinion. However, this is praying time not judging time, God will do the Judging, Hello Somebody. Make sure your ACT is together!!!
The Word of God says Judge Not!!
God Bless :)

lexi

posted August 4, 2008 at 2:20 pm

i pray he is all right i will pray 4 him

Gloria

posted August 5, 2008 at 4:24 am

Dr. Wright,
My condolences and prayers are with you and your family. You and your family will continually be in thoughts and prayers.
God Bless and keep you.

Anonymous

posted August 18, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Dear Wright Family, My prayers are with you always. We as believers of Christ Jesus, know that God all mighty is in control. And he does care for you. Stay encourged.

B. Crockett

posted September 13, 2008 at 12:01 pm

To the Wright family my sincere and heartfelt condolences to you. My prayers are with Rev. Wright at this time, may God continue to strengthen and keep the family strong.

kg

posted October 1, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Its praying time… The Wright family is in my prayers and know gods got it all in control… Be blessed!

Makesha Sims

posted October 1, 2008 at 9:22 pm

God is good and he is a keeper. Just keep holding on. I know it’s hard, but he IS going to bring you through this. “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. Jesus, Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. There was a reason for Pastor Wright making that song and there was a reason that God gave it to him. Be blessed and stay strong.

chiquita mullins

posted October 18, 2008 at 1:28 pm

be bless unto the lord also look to the hill were your health comes from be strong in the lord he does not make mistake.

Paula Laws

posted November 4, 2008 at 10:57 am

May the Lord restore you to complete and total health according to what He has said in His word. “I am the Lord that healeth thee”.
God bless you and your family and continue to bring you healing and comfort.

Herman Colter

posted November 9, 2008 at 5:38 pm

To The Wright Family just want to send my prayers to you all as God continues to give you strength as well as wisdom as you all continue to take care of the song bird of Gospel Music Mr. Timothy Wright in whom we all love and are truly praying for. This year at the convention they made sure to remember Timothy Wright, as well as his tribute CD in wish I purpose and will make sure I tell others to contribute to his life and music ministry. May God continue to bless you all and may He continue to give you strength we love you all.

William

posted November 12, 2008 at 10:43 am

It’s alright in spite of what it looks like. The devil is still a looser. To the family and Pastor Wright. We already know who wins. We pray ur strength and encouragement. U already know its a faith walk. We also pray for complete and totall restoration financially, spiritually, physically and mentally. We r fighting with u in the spirit. Keep on going in the faith. The lord be with u in this test and season.
Godbless

Your Name

posted May 4, 2009 at 12:47 pm

I have not come to say a lot of empty words. But I do believe that the prayers and the Love of the people all over the country and abroad will help you through this time. Hi, My name is Min. Evelyn Tyler I am in Clarksville, Tn. I had the great opportunity to have been singing in the only American choir in Barbados during the year 2004 and we sang back up for the awsome Rev. Timothy Wright. We had a chance to fellowship with Pastor Wright, Kirk Franklin, Dorothy Norfleet, Dr. Bobby Jones and others. It was a great experience and Pastor Wright had as great a character as he did music ministry, and I know that for our choir “The Voices Of Faith” we felt that we were graced by greatness through this great man of God. God bless you and ever keep you. Min. Evelyn Tyler

Pingback: Rev. Timothy Wright needs prayer - Gospel Soundcheck

Another Blog To Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!

posted 4:04:02pm Mar. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Davy Jones dies and I say goodbye to my childhood
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hzusE4veM&feature=youtu.be] Greetings, dear Beliefnet readers! It's been a while since I posted - I'm kind of in limbo right now with entertainment writing, as I've made the move to animals and faith. You can read more on my personal blog,Notes From The

posted 7:13:01pm Feb. 29, 2012 | read full post »

The X Factor final performances - care to predict a winner?
Tonight was the final performance episode of this first season of The X Factor in the US, and what a way to end the competition. The three finalists - Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene, and Melanie Amaro - pulled out all of the stops for their final performances. First, each performed a duet with a star,

posted 9:45:43pm Dec. 21, 2011 | read full post »

Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Honest.
  Rock fans and women around the world are breathing a collective sigh of relief: Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Despite rumors of his demise, the charming rock legend is alive and well. It appears to have started with a fake blog post reporting that Bon Jovi suffered cardiac arrest. However at a

posted 8:13:10pm Dec. 19, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor final four results: Marcus goes home
On tonight's The X Factor results show, Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene went through to the next round and Marcus Canty was sent home. OK, OK, I know, I know. I 've been hard on Marcus Canty the last few weeks, so you may be thinking that I'm happy he went home tonight. I wasn't happy

posted 9:25:44pm Dec. 15, 2011 | read full post »