“A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.” – James Allen
Living your life to the fullest takes time and dedication. Putting in the effort will take a little bit of self-discipline, but the rewards you will gain will be well worth it. Live your best life every day with these helpful tips.
1. Seek answers. Curious about something? Find out the answer. Enrich your life with knowledge and never be satisfied with what you know. Never think that you’re done learning or that you know everything that you possibly can.
2. Create something of your own. It can be inspiring to quote someone else’s words, or to be pumped up by someone else’s success story. But this is your life. What is your story? What do you have to share that’s yours?
3. Realize that easy isn’t always “right”. The easiest choice you face might not be the most obvious one. Sometimes, the harder route may be the most rewarding. And it may be the best one.
4. Love deeply, every day. Give your whole heart; love like you’ve never been hurt. Every day make it a point to show your love and compassion for those in your life. It will transform you.
5. Choose to be gracious, not greedy. You have to work to have an attitude of gratitude every day. Instead of thinking about how you can get more and keep more, think about how you can give more, too. Love, time, money–whatever you can give.
6. Don’t be afraid of failure. It’s inevitable. Not everything you do will succeed or take off, especially on the first try. It’s important to analyze your misses for why they did not succeed though–and how you can improve from there.
7. Take time to be introspective. In the hustle and bustle of life, it’s easy to get distracted and lost in your own head. But it’s important to stop and listen to your heart, put things into perspective, and look inward.
8. Get moving; feed your mind. Keeping active isn’t just a way to get fit or lose weight. It’s great for the heart, body, soul, and mind. Endorphins make you feel good physically, while getting active can free you of emotional and mental clutter.
9. Shake up your routine. When things get mundane, take a look at what you can do differently. What needs to be changed? Why isn’t the current routine working? Live a better life just by altering your schedule.
10. Give your heart to others generously. Of all the things you could give to someone, your open, loving heart is the best. An understanding ear and a compassionate heart go a long way.
11. Let things amaze you. There’s beauty even in simplicity. Especially in simplicity. Don’t let cynicism or monotony spoil life for you. Enjoy things that are beautiful and awe-inspiring.
12. Be spontaneous. You can’t structure every moment of every day, no matter how hard you try. Schedules can be great for keeping deadlines, but spontaneity breeds creativity and inspiration.
13. Invest in a network of friends. We weren’t meant to walk this earth alone. Friendships and relationships outside our homes are important to our development, growth and sanity. Reach out to new people and strengthen the bonds you have with current friends.
14. Be vulnerable. Let down your guard. Being honest with yourself and others about your faults and insecurities can help you overcome them.
15. Knock down the walls in your mind. Mental roadblocks are often what really stop us, not physical or financial ones. But all it takes is an act of willpower sometimes to breakthrough to the next step. So how much do you want it?
About Alex Blackwell