When you are working hard every day and don’t see any noticeable progress, it can feel like those major moments of celebration are few and far between. What if I told you though that you already have plenty of opportunities to celebrate success every day?
It’s all about perspective.
Here are 20 everyday things to celebrate about your life.
1. Not letting other people’s actions affect you – You can’t always change the circumstances, but you can change your reaction. Learning to let go is liberating—and worth feeling good about!
2. Getting a tough task done – Allow yourself to relish in the success of getting a hard job completed. Everyone needs a mental win.
3. Sticking to the plan you mapped out to reach your goals – When you’re working every day toward something you want, don’t give up—be proud of yourself. Your efforts will pay off!
4. Pushing yourself to do something you didn’t want to do – This is the type of success to be proud of every day because motivation is what helps make dreams a reality.
5. Being dependable – Whether personally or professionally, if you are there when someone needs you, it is a success you can be proud of every day.
6. Making someone smile – In today’s self-centered society, connecting with another person to bring them happiness is truly one of the most rewarding feelings you can have.
7. The decision to improve – Making a choice to change your life in some way is the first step to success.
8. Not complaining – Venting is often necessary to let out frustration and even calm ourselves, but making the decision every day to not complain is a victory for positivity.
9. Realizing you like the way you look– Self-confidence is not a universal thing, but looking in the mirror every day and determining you like what you see and you like who you are is a major success.
10. Being happy for someone – Someone else’s success or happiness may not be yours to share, but being nice to them or congratulating them is worth your own mini-celebration.
11. Making the world a better place – There are a number of small, meaningful ways to do this, from recycling, to volunteering, to simply being nice to strangers.
12. Having good manners – Being polite and well-mannered is an underrated value; take pride in this quality.
13. Keeping a promise – Personal integrity still counts for something. If you do what you say that you will do, you’re proving yourself reliable, and that’s something to celebrate each day.
14. Telling the truth (tactfully) – People usually appreciate openness and honesty, as long as it’s done politely.
15. Learning new things – Take the time to appreciate the fascinating things you encounter each day.
16. Having your own opinion – No one can be you for you. The thoughts and opinions unique to you are something you are successful at!
17. Showing kindness to others – When you help out a person in need, or offer a kind word, you may think your impact is insignificant, but it can actually make a huge difference to someone.
18. Standing up for yourself – When you stand your ground in a firm, but respectful way on something you believe in, you are showing an inner courage that is worth celebrating.
19. Focusing on the solution, instead of the problem – You may not be able to change the world overnight, but changing your mental approach gives you a chance at success.
20. Positive thoughts – When you challenge yourself daily to change your thoughts and focus on what’s good in your life and what you love, the success and happiness will permeate to the rest of your life.