Dr. Norris J. Chumley Satisfied Life

Dr. Norris J. Chumley Satisfied Life

Dr. Norris J. Chumley: Before & After

October 23, 2008

BEFORE – at 400 pounds

NJCB4lowopt.jpgPeople said I was the nicest, happiest guy they knew when I was 18 years old and 400 pounds.  Inside, though, I was terribly unhappy.  I felt completely unsatisfied, and no amount of food filled me up.  I was miserable. I sought pleasure and satisfaction every way I could, but nothing worked.  I felt very unsatisfied at my core.  A pint or half-gallon of ice cream each night didn’t touch my hunger for something more, not to mention address my low self-esteem.  No amount of burgers, cakes, cookies, or candy could satisfy my cravings.  I had no girlfriend, because I knew no girl would ever go out on a date with someone so fat as me!  I felt stupid, too, not that I was, but there’s this stereotype when someone’s fat they are also stupid (may be that’s because we’re seen as “stupid” for not having will-power?  Which is a stupid stereotype).

I had so many emotional and physical blocks it wasn’t funny.  Yet I pretended to be funny.  I would get people laughing, frequently making a joke of myself.  I loved to be the center of attention, making a fool out of myself, but inside I was crying out for friendships, which were few and far between.

norris.jpgWhen you’re obese, it’s hard to move around, so I didn’t.  I conserved physical energy every way possible.  I drove or got driven everywhere.  I took elevators.  I just would miss events and parties because I couldn’t get places, and if I did, I felt bad about myself. For most of my middle and high-school years, I arranged to get exempted from physical education and gym classes, talking our family doctor into writing letters of excuse.  Imagine that, a medical doctor arranging for an obese kid to skip p.e. classes!  He prescribed diet pills by the handful too, which made me lose weight fast, but got me terribly depressed.  I believed that diet pills were the solution – I sure made a big mistake taking them.

I had to order special clothes, because no store in my little Indiana town had sizes to fit me.  I wore 52″ waist-size pants.  My neck was 25″ the size of a color TV.  My jacket/chest size was a whopping 58″.  I was beyond “big bones;” I was a giant!  Yet inside I felt like a little cowering mouse.  I couldn’t find many chairs to hold me, and I broke them often.  I had frequent health problems: rashes, infections, shortness of breath, and caught colds and the flu easily and often.  Feeling so bad about myself only caused me to eat more and more, and move less and less.

For years I dieted and deprived myself with every fad weight loss gimmick you can name, and more.  I would lose weight, but gain it all back and then some.  Deep down in my heart-of-hearts, I felt some deep unsolvable mystery.  At the core of my being was a confusing riddle that I could never solve with just superficial diets of eating less and exercising.  When I’d exhausted all my possibilities, I found God waiting for me…

AFTER and NOW

…At the end of the road, I was 32 years old, smoking 3 packs a day of cigarettes, having gained and lost 1,039 pounds between 18 and 32 years old. I had finally found my first girlfriend (at my skinniest point) we got married, had a son a few years later, but I was still very fat: over 300 pounds. I was at a dead-end again.  No diets, no pills or formulas, no exercise clubs or gyms worked.  The mystery at my core, the reason I was so fat still eluded me, despite years of efforts.  So I gave up.  I gave my problems over to God.  That was my last resort.

I talk at length about giving my life to God and asking for help in my book, The Joy of Weight Loss, and DVD’s, but I want to share with you the main point – that God is ready and available to all of us, anytime, anywhere, at the core of one’s self. All I did was ask, and that’s what I believe is the answer to any problem you may have, too.  Ask God for help.  You will be shown the way.  Try it now, just say a little prayer to your Higher Self inside, “God, I need help.”

norris0181_RT8-small optimized.jpgGod showed me how to eat really well directing me to excellent nutritional information, in balance but within structured limits.  I was able to devise a custom food plan, and most importantly, was given the strength to follow it.  I was able to finally get off my sugar fixation.  Fruit was satisfying my sweet-tooth with far less calories and no fats to weigh me down.  I was eating well, and feeling much better.

I began to walk and move regularly, actually enjoying how it made me feel.  At first just 10 minute walks outside every day.  Then the next week I tried 15 minutes of moving and walking.  Then 20 minutes the next week, and so on.  After a short time I began to lose weight slowly and surely, then the days added up to a couple of months and the pounds were significantly coming off. I joined an aerobic dance class at a hospital clinic for overweight people, and actually enjoyed going twice a week!  I made friends there; we were all in the same boat.  You might say that I began to enjoy walking and dancing even more than stuffing myself with too much food.  I learned a very important reality: if I regularly connect with God, and I get satisfaction from life and feed myself well, in balance, throughout the day, then I don’t get terrible, unmanageable cravings.

Now that I’ve lost 160 pounds, I am able to take great care of myself. I don’t have a weight problem, or ever experience emotions or stress that I cannot handle.  Taking care of myself means: getting enough rest every night, drinking water, stimulating my mind with reading and learning, expressing myself creatively, working hard and playing hard, being myself, loving and helping others, talking about and interactively dialoging about emotions and needs, putting myself and my family first.

I feel great about myself deep down, and if those old useless negative feelings ever creep in, I just hand them over to God, asking His help.  I always get relief.  My Spirit inside always guides me and protects me, no matter what comes my way.  The mystery of my life, the unsatisfied cravings, problems of every kind – I realize again and again –
are all about my need for God.  If I reach for God, take action and do a little work, my problems are always solved.

By the grace of God, I’ve lost 160 pounds and maintained it going on 17 years.  That’s a lot of weight, isn’t it?  You could say I’m half the man I used to be!  What’s so nice, is I’m a whole man, through and through.

Now, having gone back to school for many years, and working very hard, I’ve earned the degree of doctor of theology and the arts.  Theology literally means, “God-talk.”  That’s what I love the best, talking and teaching about God and putting spiritual beliefs into practices so that others can fully enjoy their lives, and be
satisfied 100% with the grace that God always provides.

NJC-PhD-small-opt-DSC01965.jpgNow, I’m here to help you lose weight, solve problems, work on yourself and have a wonderful, satisfied life – from a few pounds to hundreds, if necessary.  I am here for YOU.  There’s no problem, big or small, that God can’t handle.

Please return to this blog often (memorize the address, it’s Beliefnet.com/drNorris), and read my daily email newsletter “Weight Loss with Norris” on Beliefnet, too.  I am also available for private consultations, I give retreats and workshops, have written a book and videos – all for you.

Thank God we’re together in this.  You can return to great health, peace and fulfillment.  You can solve the mystery inside.  It’s possible to have the kind of Dr. Norris Chumley Satisfied Life for yourself, just take it one step at a time, and ask God for help.

Best Blessings,
Norris Chumley, Ph.D.

Add Comment » Comments
  1. LORENA SCROGGINS
    November 7, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Thank you so much for your words today! It’s just what I needed to see…I am just beginning the journey you took so long ago, and needed the encourgement. The Lord has helped me overcome my addiction to Methamphetamine and now is helping me conquer my first addiction: food and sugar. Learning to ask for help is hard for someone like me. Using Meth helped take off hundreds of pounds over ten yrs, and in the process I ruined the life God gave me. I destroyed relationships, left my children, went to prison etc. Over the last two years I have, with God’s help in my life been able to repair my life and some of the other wreckage. Now I tackle the biggest challenge-my weight. And you are right, God has seen me through so much, he will get me through this too. Your words of Faith are what I needed today!!

2. barbara allen
    November 7, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Its is hard for me to lose. I have aileostomy & can’t eat alot of good food.I usually drink alot of my fruits & veggies.I can not digest to many things if I do eat ruffage I spring a leak in my appliance.If I blend it gums up in me & causes leaks. I have to watch out for obstuctions.I can eat all the pasta & bread & soft candy no nuts.But I try & ask God to help me. I have 30 lbs to lose
    Thanks Barbara Allen

3. William Ford
    November 7, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Thanks for your articles. Before my mother’s death, she told me not to do same what happened she did. She was overweight then diabetic. She always said she wished to go to Paris since she grew up but she knew her weight prevented her to go there. I really need God’s guides badly for my health etc. Your comments are hopeful to help me. Thanks.

4. darnell
    November 10, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Amazing is how I would describe your transformation and what a better way to give back then to share this with others.Simply put “give it to God”. Dr. Norris thank you for your inspiration and please continue to give.
    God bless you always

5. Jacqueline Dawson
    November 23, 2008 at 11:31 am

What a story!!! I’m currently losing weight because I’m a borderline diabete. I’ll keep this story in mind.

6. Bette
    January 17, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Today, for the first time, I read about your weight loss journey. I pray to God all the time for help in decisions, etc.,and for other people: but never even think of asking His help in losing weight. I am starting right this minute and KNOW in my heart that this will be the last time I try a new diet plan. I have about 40# to lose and am past 65 years old.
    I saw you on TV years ago and thought you were just another “diet expert with something to sell”. Thank you for your sincerity and even the “free” help. Bette

7. Jean
    February 1, 2009 at 4:44 pm

I found yoursite today. I am 68 and I keep gaining weight. I’m a Christian. After reading your before and after story I’m ready to try again. I’m in ministry but I lose a lot of time because of migraines. I’m hoping that getting my weight and anything else God shows me in balance will be the solution. Thank you for offering to help all of us.
    Jean

8. HOPE
    March 12, 2009 at 11:15 am

I am so happy for you. But do you believe in Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior? You beat around the bush a lot regarding your Specific Faith!!! No offense please.

9. cindylou
    March 31, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Where can i find out about your workshops?? God bless you for your inspiring story. I NEED HELP !!!and yes i have asked God many times, so maybe this is an answer to my prayer…

10. Your Name
    April 19, 2009 at 9:34 pm

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSPIRING STORY, I AM VERY HAPPYFOR YOU. YOU SEEM LIKE YOU REALLY HAVE YOUR LIFE TOGETHER. I AM A WRECK, I CAN NOT SEEM TO STOP MY NIGHT TIME BINGING. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING! I OFTEN ASK GOD FOR HELP ON THIS ISSUE.

11. AEH
    April 20, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Thanks for opening yourself up regarding your weight loss. I am Christian, who gave up partying, drinking and smoking and took up food. I am 62 my knees hurt and it is hard for me to breath sometimes.
    Because of your encouraging words, I will “go again”. I can do all things through Christ.

12. Your Name
    April 28, 2009 at 3:25 am

Dear Dr. Noris,
    Thank you for telling us your story.
    I have the same experience as you…the same feeling…
    since I am 13 years old, Now I am just reach 24 years old and on my way to my ideal body. But sometimes I still have my ups and down, and eventhough I always think positive, the negative think come and I wonder when I will reach my ideal body because sometimes it’s seems like an endless road to me.
    This week I just feeling a little down and I found this article.
    Because of your story I feel better again, Thank you! :-D

13. Sandra
    April 29, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience with weight loss. I too have a lot of weight to lose and need all the encouragement I can get.It is a slow process and sometimes I get discouraged but I finally have started to lose. I ask for God’s help every day. I also get strength from your messages which I read daily.

14. Your Name
    April 29, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Thank you for your testamony and emails that you have sent me, I am over weight have not been able to lose even five pounds. Your example has motivated me to get out and do something seriously about my weight with the help of the Lord and faith I believe that I can. Please pray for me and with me, it seems that every time I eat a meal I want a desert or some starchy food.

15. Your Name
    May 3, 2009 at 6:43 am

I just started my first one day fast. I did not stop drinking coffee. I was afraid of the ensuing headache that would follow. I do have apple juice to drink and that distilled water, cayenne pepper mixture. I feel compelled to get closer to God. I have been trying to quit smoking for a long time. I smoke approximately 10 per day. I pray this will help me to quit once and for all. I plan to make these fasts a regular part of my life, eventually working up to a 3 or 7 day fast. Thanks for your inspiration.

16. Jeanae
    May 5, 2009 at 7:37 pm

May 5,2009 I just got thru reading your bio, Thank You so much for sharing..I have never been this heavy (200) lbs. 5ft 3in. I am 55 had stents put in my heart 3-yrs. ago. I stopped smoking then after 40 yrs.. with the Grace of God.. then I started gaining & gaining…I had 6-children & never weighed this much when I delivered them ..this is really scary. I live on cereals ihave a urinary disease illiitis cystitis so i am up on the 1/2 hr. all night going to the bathroom.. Like I said i do have binges..only when I can get to the store & buy icecream etc.. any way I need your help, & I need to pray more & believe He will help me . Well God Bless You Jeanae

17. afifi durr
    May 19, 2009 at 11:30 am

I need to loose 40 lbs for health reasons. I just changed my diet: No sugar, sweets, more vegetables and fruits, no white rice or bread. However, I have problem walking. It seems I can not put myself to walk again. I use to walk very much but my feet are bothering me, especially, the right foot. I am trying to see if I can get over this. I go however swimming 2 or 3 times a week and that helps me. I need encouragement and support from you Dr. Norris and also from the group. Kindly advice me how to get a daily support.
    thank you.

18. Your Name
    June 10, 2009 at 12:38 pm

wonderful testimony.
    praise God :)!

19. Elaine Law
    June 18, 2009 at 9:27 am

Good morning, wow, I just read this and it really has inspired me. You know I’ve lost weight on and off my whole life, I was very thin 96 pounds then gradually gained a little here and there, over the years I got up to 198 pounds and I am only 5’4″. So when the doc thought I had had a stroke, I started working out and eating better. I did lose 33 pounds, and felt great, blood pressure was controlled. But after my Daddy died last year, I sought comfort in Mama’s home cooked meals, etc. So now I have gained 15 of it back, and the one thing I didn’t do was turn it all over to Jesus. I am again changing my eating habits and working out, but this time will be different as I am trusting HIM in this and am confident that I will be where He wants me to be physically. I am engaged for the first time in my life and I just turned 50, so I have an added incentive for losing a little more! Thanks Norris for you testimony, and what you give to all of us out here. Have a wonderful day!! Your friend, Elaine

20. Ms Tetley
    July 3, 2009 at 6:28 am

Hi Dr.Norris i am a 30-yr old lady that has bn strugling wt weight problems. i need ur assistance and would appreciate it if you can contact me by mail. thank u

21. valerie
    July 16, 2009 at 9:41 pm

hi dr.norris im in desparte need of your help. i have tried so many diets that i feel that i feel im not getting any where. so with the grace of god and you i will lose weight.

22. Joann
    July 17, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Thank you! I have 3 doctors telling me that I should have the surgery because they have seen me struggle — I try (faithfully) and I lose some weight, but my body fights for every ounce. Poor metabolism, reflux, arthritis, asthma. Most people my size lose 5 -10 lbs the first week of any diet, not me! I don’t cheat once and I lose maybe 2 lbs. I have done WW so many times! Tried Medifast – my whole body broke out in a rash! And on and on. My family and friends have actually told me that they cannot stand watching me starve myself anymore – especially since the results are not what one would expect. My husband and I have been concerned about the safety of bariatric surgery, which is why I continue to try and live and eat healthy — which is difficult, but I am trying. And praying. Now that I have found your blog, I will try to look for encouragement there. I feel defeated in so many ways. I have a loving husband, beautiful children and I do understand my value in Jesus Christ, however, I am literally weighted down. God bless you for trying to help those who are still where you once were.

23. Your Name
    July 19, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Dear Dr. Norris,
    I have glanced over your writings on here before, but today was different…. I actually read your testimony. In my heart, I know you are exactly on target….. if we hand something over to God ..He will help us. I am going to be totally honest here. I have tried to do that but sometimes I keep “meddling” in it.
    I have fought the weight issue all my life. I was able to maintain it for quite awhile, but after I got married it began creeping up again. After I got pregant, that was it. During my pregnancy,I maxed out my weight. I lost about 25 lbss after the baby and that was it. When she was 3 1/2 yrs old, my husband left for another woman. I was devestated (since he was my high school sweetheart) and tried to recover from it. Honestly, I think I have just masked my feelings all these years. I don’t think I even recognize my true feelings anylonger. Once again, I have gained more weight. As a single mom, I’m trying to do my best for my child… I’ve had to get a second job because with the economy my salary was decreased at the full time one. I’m trying to provide the best I can but find myself “worn” out most of the time. I work seven days a week. I realize I’m not the only person who does this… there are so many more who have it more difficult. I just feel/know that everything is out of control – from my finances (which are really messed up) to my home (which I can’t keep up with) to my personal life (which I am unhappy with myself). With that said, I will once again try to get my life in control…. with God’s help. I really have to hand it over to Him. I can do nothing else.
    OK… I’ve gone on enough. I truly want to say thatI found your writing to hit home so very much. It has been helpful. Thank you.

24. Your Name
    July 20, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Hello Dr. my name is pam & my son is over 600lb. & he needs help. he has no money to pay for this surgrey, & he is missrabole cant do any thing he cant walk in so much pain, cant go to the bathroom by himself, he is on the erge of killing his self. the dr. around here wont help him they keep putting him off. can u or som won else can help him.i dont want to loose my son heis 35years old thank u a despret mom.

25. Irene
    July 31, 2009 at 11:48 am

Dr. Norris,
    I’ve been receiving your news letters for I’m not sure how long and today I actually read one and I just read your testimony. You hit home on so many points. I’ve not given it to God. Or I always meddle. One way or the other what I’m doing is not working. If there is any way you can help me I’d appreciate it! I have just moved away from home a second time. I’ve gone back to further my education in the Medical Field, for that is one of my most passionate occupations. I want to be healthy and I want to be a good example to others around me. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs, but I’m addicted to food! What am I to do? I now can buy my own food menu and I have a gym here in my apartment complex that I have access to. Do you have any guidelines that you used and were successful that could aid me? I want to help others and give them the care that human life deserves, as we are made in the image of the Creator, yet I need to take care of myself in order to be of good use and to cause them no harm on my own weakness. Pray for me and please contact me with what wisdom God has given you to be so successful.
    Respectfully,
    Irene

26. Pearl
    August 26, 2009 at 1:51 am

Dear Dr. Norris.
    I read your testimony today with another insight, and I really do give God the Glory, becasue I know that with Him, ALL things are possible. All we need is faith, and that is where you come in for me. I need a faith partner, someone to encourage to take that next step, and to remind me that the dawn is close when the night is darkest.
    Dr. Norris. I am 39 year old. I’ll be 40 next year, and I am overweight, I am yet to get married, neither do I have a child. I need these things to all fall into place before my 40th birthday. I know this is possible, but I also know that I need help.
    My reading this testimony today was not by accident. I know there was a purpose and I pray it manifests. I will appreciate a response to this posting. Thank you as you help people help themselves.
    Sincerely Yours,
    Pearl.

27. Your Name
    August 26, 2009 at 11:33 am

Dear Dr. Norris,
    I am fifty pounds overweight and have finally asking God to send me down the right path to lose weight. I recently found out that two of my siblings have been very critical of me (because of my weight and my love for animals) when I though they were supportive. This has caused me not only the pain of knowing that I am not accepted by family but by society as well.
    Your testimony has strengthened my faith in God.
    Thank you.

28. College student
    November 14, 2009 at 11:01 am

Wow guys, this blog has been both helpful and disappointing. Sarah’s comment was awesome, and very good advice, by the way. For the people who are skeptical of the product because of the website, you should probably go to an informational website instead of a product website to gain more info on the process. What people have to realize is that if he were to supply all of the information online then there would be no need to buy the product. It’s still his business. You are paying for the infomation. Any one of us would do the same thing. If we had a concept or idea that we knew people wanted, we would have them pay for it. Why not help yourself while helping everyone else? I think it is excellent that he has found away to make a living by helping others get their lives back and doing what he loves. We should all be doing that. Remember its still his business, lack of information doesn’t mean the product is a sham. I totally agree that you could probably find the info in another book for less, but using this system may save you time and effort in locating the books, traveling to get it, having to figure it out yourself, having no support system, and the frustration of wasting $20-$40 bucks and never applying the knowledge to your life. Maybe $120 is a good deal… but i dont know, I’m still deciding on whether I’m going to invest in this product. Thanks guys.
    ~Just a marketing major college student~

29. Claire
    November 15, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I’ve just ready your story and am so pleased with your honesty and expression of your love for God. I know we don’t all have that God spirit within us, but anyone can look to the Lord and ask and He will be there. Most people would say I didn’t have a big weight problem but I didn’t like my 130 lbs, although I’m in my 70′s and everyone expects Grandma to be a little cushiony. There were certain issues in my prayer time that I felt really anxious about, so I decided to fast and pray for a couple of days. Once I did, I found it wasn’t so hard and when I went back to normal eating, which I wasn’t surprisingly that anxious to do, my weight started coming down. I even overeat at special occasions, but check my habit for a day or so, and find I’m right back where I’d like to stay. Thanks for your story and giving this one your ear.

30. Joan
    January 21, 2010 at 6:30 am

Since I gave birth in october last year, I did not seem to have lost sufficient weight. I weighed up to 93kg in my pregnancy and now am around 90 after giving birth. I need to lose at least 15 kg for my height of 162cm. I am believing God for this, but I have had to put certain strategies in place in order to reach my goal. I have joined some gym and do exercises daily, I have reduced my sugar and carb intake. So far, in only two weeks, I have lost at least 2kg. Am so encouraged and I know with consistency, determination and discipline, it is achievable. Thanx to Dr Norris for his inspiration!

31. Your Name
    April 15, 2010 at 10:04 am

I read the story of your life and was so very encouraged. I have maybe 4 or 5 lbs to the right weight that God told me would be the weight I would feel best at.But eating too much has been a lifetime situation
    But I’d like to tell you something that happened recently. I was hostess for a woman’s club meeting and had made brownies and pound cake. One of women refrained from the brownies because she had given up chocolate for Lent. I told her I’d rather give a pint of blood than give up chocolate. Didn’t think about what a stupid remark this really was til the next morning as I was praying when the Lord told me I had a sugar addiction. I was so shocked, I mean, “who me Lord?” and He gently urged me to give up all my sweets. And learn to satisfy my sweet tooth with natural sweets like fruits. I took His advice and am amazed that I no longer crave all the yucky stuff I used to eat. Never dreamed this would happen but I am so grateful that God does care about everything concerning each and every one of us. I wasn’t exactly asking for this revelation but so happy He told me. God’s Blessings to you

32. APPLE OF HIS EYE
    May 18, 2010 at 11:41 pm

I WOULD LIKE GET SOME INFO ABOUT THIS SYSTEM AND ALSO HOW TO BE ALL GOD WANT ME TO BE

33. June 30, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I personally believe we all have the power of God within us. We need to find a healthy way to live. This is wonderful seeing that His power sustained Norris in his effort to heal. I intend on getting my hands on anything he has written. The life experience of someone who has made changes for the better gives us hope. I am the spokeswoman for http://www.welove2lose.ning.com we offer free weight loss support I am hoping that others will do as well as Norris has. God bless you all

34. Astrel Fort
    July 11, 2010 at 10:29 am

There is a man, with a brown suit stand looks up somewhere round. He is appearing to be a man of God. Entrusting, a big man carry a beautiful little dog on his arms. He holds the dog, like his child.
    In fact the history is very entrusting, if you pray faithfully to God .He will gives the desire of your heart. There is something very special about prayer, most of us felt to recognize. The world of faith should be applied in life as a mandatory circumstance.
    For instance, the article, explain that what can bra done for you, if you are praying faithfully to God. If you have faith in God, when you are entering in your bed-room .You is closing the door. You are begun to pray, you will fell the power of God .In fact; it is happened to me all the times.
    I do not personally know who you are; this morning I am going to give a little testimony about myself .If I am telling there is God you should believe me. I am an orphan, I was found by a river, by a passer-by. She heard a child crying by the river side. She approached me and picks me up, and carries me away with her.
    This woman was a beggar. Sometimes, life is hard for us when I became five .I was responsible for own food. I had got go in town to beg for help. I could not remember much to tell you, when I was tree years old.
    I am thankful to the Lord. Eventhougth, I do not have any relative. It is trouble me sometimes, but I cry, and I pray to my God he gives strength through the days, and nights. He speaks to me, I heard his voice

35. ms. hamilton
    July 30, 2010 at 8:19 pm

this my first time on this page very good things to read . some of the things you talk about sounds ,and looks like what im going thu.i will be back more in insight i need to loss 100Ib. i have injuryknees. and that dont help at all they need repairing also,i have bone lost .i need your help mor i cant talk about on line at this time . may be privite email.i need my sociallife back thanks god bless you looking to heard from you ms. bless

36. anthonyalexander
    July 31, 2010 at 3:28 pm

deAR BR,IN CHRIST MY BEST CONVEY REGARDS TO YOURS GROUPS, AND YOURS FAMILYS, BR, SO,IWANT IT, MYSTERIOUS,JESUS PRAYER. PL MY EMAIL ADRES ,PL SEND TO ME , ISAW YOURS, LETTER,
    THANKING YOU
    YOURS SINCEARLY
    ANTHONY ALEXANDER

37. August 16, 2010 at 2:00 am

You know I have prayed and asked for the Lord to help me and all I have noticed is that I have become heavier and eat more. I have been told that I can eat for a family of three or four. I have always been this way. I have been diagnose with IBS and Latose Intolerant. I am very allergic to wheat bread and lots of vegetables. I am tired of being over weight. Do you have other suggestions because I really desperately need your help.
    Thank for your time.
    Sincerely,
    mary

38. Michelle
    August 26, 2010 at 11:06 am

Keep up the good work.
    Isn’t it funny that we always or most usually put God as our last resort? I did the same thing. I have battled my weight since I was 12 years old. And now at 38 I finally said, “God you will have to help me because I cannot do this on my own.” Well almost 4 months later, I am down 26 pounds. And it has been quite easy. Everytime I weigh myself, whether the scale goes up or down, I still thank God. I thank God for everyday of my life. And I had to realize that the choices I made in life is what got where I am at. God gave me the choice and sometimes I choose the wrong one but He has ALWAYS been there to help me along the way. I just thank God that I made the right choice to serve Him. God Bless.

39. November 1, 2010 at 6:26 am

Very Cool.I will told my friend about this. Thanks

40. James
    November 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm

:) Hello, This is a great article. Thank you for the encouragment..

41. Matthew
    March 4, 2011 at 4:42 am

That was a magnificent story. Thank you for going through all that for the benefit of so many others.

42. March 29, 2011 at 8:53 am

Hi I was really surprised that this story affected me like it did. I hear and read all kinds of stories about people losing weight and how hard or easy it was. But this story was different because I really felt like Dr. Norris was talking to me,like he felt the same way that I felt, like the things I was going through was a two way mirror and he could understand me because he saw what I was going through. I often ask God to take away the pain,humiliation,and cravings that I feel. I trust and believe in God with all my heart and sometimes after I pray then I say now what and end up doing the same things I am very overweight, I smoke and feel bad everyday. I just want to be happy again to not have people look at me like the fat sister.And not have my children look at me in pity because of my weight.what am I doing wrong?