Rachel is like so many of her friends, single but wants to be married. She is tired of being set up and being disappointed when it comes to finding the right guy. But is her complaint all about the men she meets or are there signals she gives that say, don’t date me?
The feedback on social media surveys may make her take a look at her own behavior. The surveys asked singles what could be going wrong when it comes to finding Mr. Right.
Author and dating coach, Marni Kinrys, conducted several on-line polls in order to get a better idea of what single women might be doing wrong when it comes to dating. Here is what she found from her readers when it comes to single women on dates:
1) Too much smart phone use. This ranked #1 on her survey. Men don’t want to compete with your phone. Keep it in your purse!
2) Bad manners. Yes, men notice this.
3) Men say, “Women don’t say what they mean or mean what they say.” This is confusing when it comes to communication.
4) Leading a man on when there is no real interest. This is a real turn off.
5) Looking unapproachable. You don’t smile or look like you want conversation. This makes it tough for a man to even approach you. Show some interest and smile.
While these may seem like small things, they are all about interest, not being self-absorbed and paying attention to your date.