This was taken at the baptism of Valentino Mora, son of Erica, a single mom of 21 who asked the photographer to take a picture of her son for free.
The photo of the baptism of Valentino Mora is sweeping the Internet, because at the time the priest pours the Holy water over his head, the water flows in the shape of a rosary.
This story began at the Parish of the Assumption of Our Lady in Cordova , Spain , where the baptism of a one month baby took place. At the time that Valentino came to the baptismal font for the sacrament of baptism, Erica asked the photographer Maria Silvana Salles, who was hired by other parents baptizing their babies, to take a photo of her son as a favor, since the young mother had no way of paying for it. The photographer, moved by Erica’s request, agreed to take a photo of Valentino.
Maria Silvana works with a traditional camera and had to send the film to be developed to a shop in Cordova. When she received the photos, she noticed with surprise that the water poured from the head of Valentino was a perfect rosary.
The photo of the baptism of Valentino has awakened faith in the people of Cordova who come to the humble home of Erica and Valentino Mora to touch him.
The truth is that this sign of faith has mobilized this town in Cordova, whose neighbors go to Maria Silvana’s store to buy the picture as if it were a prayer card.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About the Author
- This blog is no longer active
- One day more
- Meet Montana’s married priest
- Big day in the Big Easy: 10 new deacons
- Gaudete! And let’s break out a carol or two…
- Homily for December 12, 2010: 3rd Sunday of Advent
- Silent plight: complaints put halt to Christmas carols
- WikiLeaks: Pope’s offer to Anglicans might lead to violence
- 25,000 turn out for early Guadalupe celebration in LA
- Quote of the day
- Bishops (214)
- Churches (100)
- Converts (96)
- Deacons (369)
- Hanging With Saints (162)
- Homilies (172)
- In the Mail (13)
- Inspiration (293)
- Links-R-Us (996)
- Liturgy (159)
- Media (695)
- Music (16)
- My world (335)
- NET (37)
- New Evangelization (23)
- overheard in the rectory (5)
- Parishes (10)
- People in the Pews (70)
- Politics And Politicians (314)
- Pope (96)
- Prayer (129)
- Pro-life (62)
- Quote of the day (89)
- Ripped from the headlines (810)
- Sacraments (93)
- Saints (12)
- Stephen Colbert (35)
- The Art of Preaching (86)
- the new evangelization (10)
- The People in the Pews (182)
- The Pope And Bishops (239)
- This & That (310)
- This And That (467)
- Thomas Merton (22)
- Uncategorized (675)
- Vocations (475)
- Worth A Thousand Words (69)
- ion cigarette battery on Homily for September 11, 2010
- Prayer For A New Job Starting Today | New Job Today on A prayer at the start of a new job
- abs equipment on George W. Bush: why I’m pro-life
- Bill Russell on Losing its Sheen: Peoria halts push for St. Fulton
- Bankruptcy Attorney Denver on What is the “mind of the Church”?
- inlyte e-cigs electronic cigarettes on Buh-bye: women priests formally excommunicated
- Opinion: Celebrate 50 years free of the death penalty on “To tame the savageness of man and make gentle the life of this world”
- Tammi on Gomez to LA?
- Elizabeth Lawson on What do you give the newly ordained?
- Sherrillsssavage.Beeplog.Com on “Lord, when you came to the seashore…”