Conversations with God

Conversations with God

You are who you say you are

I hope and trust that you had a wonderful New Year’s Day! And today we move into the third part of the Triad Formula, which is the First Step in a Three-Step approach to dealing with change in one’s life.
In the third part of The Triad Formula I decide that I am who I say I am, and my experience is what I say it is. This may all seem circular, but there is a method to the madness.
I have a vivid memory of a woman who spoke up once at one of our Conversation with God Foundation’s ReCreating Yourself retreats. She had been sexually abused as a child by her uncle, and she spoke about it in very calm terms. She spoke also about a woman’s support group that she had attended on a regular basis, and remember how, when she told that group about her experience, its members raised their voices in concern. “You should be furious about this!” they told her. “How can you speak so calmly?”
“Well,” she had said, “that was a long time ago, and besides, I understand why he did what he did, and I’ve forgiven him. So I’m not angry anymore.”
“Not angry anymore?”, they protested, “How could you be not angry anymore? Don’t you know what happened to you?” Then they told her that she had apparently “sublimated” her feelings and buried her rage, and was angrier than she knew. “A walking time bomb,” they called her. The only problem was, she didn’t feel that way. Her experience is what she said that it was, and she became unwilling to “buy into” the way others in her group told her that she was supposed to be feeling.
In my own life, when something crazy or unwanted happens, I never ask myself, “Now, why did that happen…?” Rather, I ask myself, “If I could give that a reason for happening, what would it be?”
I assign everything a reason, rather than looking for one. And I decide how I am going to feel about things, rather than looking to see how I feel. And I choose with great deliberation my responses to everything, rather than watching my responses from the sidelines as if I was not the major player in my life.
The Triad Formula is the first of three steps in The Change Process. That is, it is one of those teachings that, once internalized and utilized, can turn around one’s entire life. Yet it is clear that understanding, accepting, and integrating the three statements of The Triad Formula into our lives is not easy for many people.
Those three statements again are…
1. Nothing in this world is real.
2. The meaning of everything is the meaning I give it.
3. I am who I say I am, and my experience is what I say it is.
In order to embrace and effectively utilize these truths, you would have to change everything in the way you look at, and experience, life.
Tomorrow, we continue our exploration of The Change Process.

...being here, doing this...

posted January 2, 2009 at 7:07 am

These words from Gary Zukav feel appropriate here…
“Reality is what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is what we believe.
What we believe is based upon our perceptions.
What we perceive depends upon what we look for.
What we look for depends upon what we think.
What we think depends upon what we perceive.
What we perceive determines what we believe.
What we believe determines what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is our reality.”

bhdt

jsrascal

posted January 2, 2009 at 9:25 am

The 3 statements above are tuff to do but goals to work toward. I love the statement about reality that was made by bhdt. that seems to help me understand the meaning of reality but for some reason i have not been able to grasp the statement “nothing in this world is real”, are we to take the statement literally or figuratively? Thanks bhdt, you helped me in with understanding my reality,I am going to put that quote up in my counseling office. In my counseling experience, i have had the wonderful experience of knowing children who have dealt with very abusive parents, including rape, that have adjusted their lives without reading about or knowing about the reality thing, but I do believe now that they must have had some conversation with God, because they seemed to have dealt with those issues by redefining their reality, they had no hatred, they had forgiven and moved on. Of course at the time everyone, cluding myself, thought they were just not dealing with it, but now I know I was probably wrong. They had realized and redefined their reality and I had not. They had been evolved to a higher point in their lives, and I wasn’t even close. To learn from children, that is also a gift that many adults, including myself,have failed to unwrap, but fortunately, I feel I am getting there. Thank God for children.

Howard Falco

posted January 2, 2009 at 9:55 am

Jsrascal,
The term “nothing in the world is real” means the following (I just want to clarify that this is my experience of it and that I “believe” it is what Neale is attempting to point out.)
Everything you experience in your daily walk of life is felt through the senses, perceived and then interpreted. Your reaction or reactions are based on your perception of the incoming stimuli. Your perceptions come from your beliefs. In other words, all things that have happened or are happening affect you to the degree you allow them to based on what you believe to be true about yourself and the world at the time. Behind the meaning you give to the event there is no meaning and hence no impact on your reality or state of mind.
If an old memory or current situation is affecting you in a negative way, the way to a peaceful state of mind is to re-contextualize the experience by changing the way you perceive it. This always comes in a lasting way, from a greater understanding and love for yourself and the wonderful realization and faith that what is happening in any moment of your reality is never against you but always for you and your ultimate growth and evolution of life on this wondrous journey of life.
Best,
Howard Falco

Cynthia

posted January 2, 2009 at 11:56 am

Thanks Neale and Howard – especially “what is happening in any moment of your reality is never against you but always for you and your ultimate growth and evolution of life on this wondrous journey of life”………
ah yes, that’s the ticket!

Alice the Canine Messiah

posted January 2, 2009 at 12:37 pm

What you believe in you be livin’…

Deb Reilly

posted January 2, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Stating in a public forum that children are not permanently effected by abuse is, at best, irresponsible. Child molestation is a terrible, secret epidemic that will continue to pass from one generation to the next unless education exposes the truth.
Facing the reality of abuse is sometimes so painful for children that they repress what happened to them in order to function. They may excel in school, be socially active and appear happy; tools to deny the ugliness. Those behaviors do not stave off the past forever. Every experience we have is a part of us. Denial is not a cure.
I’ve met many women who repressed what happened to them as children, only to discover they had blindly continued the cycle of abuse by marrying an abuser. You cannot imagine the agony of these mothers.
You had one casual encounter–with a woman you didn’t even know personally–who claimed to have overcome her past ‘because it happened a long time ago and she understood why he did it’, and because what she said fit in with your agenda, you hold it up as truth.
Do you know what anecdotal evidence is? It has been used to slant reality for thousands of years.

wendy mewhort

posted January 2, 2009 at 1:59 pm

jsrascal,
Thank- YOU.
Yes, thank God (us) for children.

Your Name

posted January 2, 2009 at 2:09 pm

hey deb
every attack is a cry for help .. I hear your pain in your reply to neil .. and although what you say is true , what neil spoke is true as well .. If god can forgive , so can we , you for your past pain and mine as well .. there are no absolutes in this place (this matrix) ,only what we choose to be in relation to what we experience .. yes ,yes ,, I know fully how difficult it can be to forgive those that have abused us ,, I am in no way making light of that , or you , but it can be done ,has been done , this is my life’s experience deb .. this is my truth ..
with much feeling
hemp

susan

posted January 2, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Deb, in my experience I have to agree with Hemp. For example, 2 children raised in the same household enduring the same abuse, One of those children has serial abusive relationships and becomes a drug addict. The other has a happy life, a good marriage and family life. What was the difference? Each endured the same abuse yet their perception or processing of their past was different. I agree with you that childhood abuse is traumatic but it is not insurmountable. If a person has found the ability to move past something from their past, we should celebrate that without placing the cloud of the probability of failure over their head. You’re right, we are permanently affected by our experiences but the good news is that we can choose HOW. And I really believe that THAT is an important message that we can bring to the world and the children. I don’t think its about denying, its about acknowledging it and choosing to move forward. The point of this exercise is very empowering. I am who I say I am, and everything has the meaning I give it… Then my life and my present and my possibility is not dependent upon what others have ‘done’ to me nor upon what they’ve labeled me as or even what choices I’ve made. And I believe this is important to understand also, because some who are abused become so identified with the abuse that they go on to become abusers. I believe in this process. I believe that it is an way out of the cycle of victimization. Blessings to you! Love, Susan

susan

posted January 2, 2009 at 3:16 pm

I’d like to add that when you forgive someone, it is like releasing their hold on you. It is freeing YOURSELF. When you can think of a person who has done the unthinkable and see them as a victim, you have removed their power. As long as you view someone as an evil person, you have given them power over you. But when you look at them as someone who is blindly floundering, the effect diminishes. This is why I beleive Jesus was able to say as he was being crucified and mocked and tormented, “Father forgive them, they don’t know what they’re doing.” He was able to see them beyond what they were doing to him and have compassion on his tormenters.
Love in this new year to all. Susan

Tracy

posted January 2, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I agree with Deb on this one.
Maybe this woman was able to reframe her experience naturally – I haven’t seen that much – not saying it couldn’t happen.
Why was she at a support group though?
It usually takes work to get through these things and the help of others.
I do agree that your experience is EXACTLY what you say and believe it is or was.
Tracy

Deb Reilly

posted January 2, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Susan, I repeat: There is only one way out of the pit; a great big dose of FACING REALITY. Yes, through forgiveness and work, a victim can evolve into a survivor and lead a happy, productive life.
As far as forgiveness goes, you’re preaching to the choir.
I’m not advocating wallowing in self-pity. I’m advocating recognizing reality for what it is, and not white-washing the truth simply because it is just too painful to look at.
Tracy made an excellent point. If you have truly moved beyond an experience, there is no need to spend time in a support group.
If rascal is truly a therapist, I hope he’s councilling chihuahuas.
I do take one remark back. It was unfair of me to call Neale or Rascal irresponsible. It suggests malice. Is that why you read my disagreement with Neale as an attack, Hemp? Ignorant is a better word.

hempster

posted January 2, 2009 at 6:43 pm

yea deb
your post had a rough edge to it , suggesting personal pain , I have read many other posts from you and you are most gracious in expressing your thoughts , So I felt I might suggest what I did to you ,As you made a point earlier saying ,we are made up of our experiences , but that also means that everybody , every individual will be and react differently to those experiences ..I have seen and experienced what you spoke of ,, but iv also seen the power of the soul , push past disgusting perversion and horror , rage and betrayal ..the catalyst is and always will be the soul of that human -BEING ..
thx for sharing deb
hemp

susan

posted January 2, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Deb, its not my intention to preach at anyone. When I read posts here, I think about what I read and share the thoughts that come to mind. Then others respond and in the process, I get to have a broader view of things than I can get from my viewpoint alone. I value that! I don’t think you need to take back anything you said, it gets us all thinking, you know?
You got me thinking again further. The mind is pretty powerful and can torment us, deliver us or protect us. Repression is something that would indicate a lack of congnizant memory of the event, it seems. If this woman was in a support group, then it would seem to indicate that she wasn’t repressing anything but indeed facing the reality. Maybe the fact that she went to a support group at all is further indication that she wasn’t repressing or denying any of it and that in the presence of others she was able to gauge her progress and share? Kinda like we do here… Just thinking…..

susan

posted January 2, 2009 at 10:52 pm

this process is helpful. Sometimes the part about “Nothing is Real” throws people off. But I have to “testify” that even if you just apply #2 and #3, it can transform your life. It has been a blessing in my own life when dealing with those things that show themselves, whether illusion or reality. When I give my own meaning to it and say that I am who I say I am and that my experience is what I say it is, here is an example of how it plays out:
The job that I’ve had for the last 11 years has come to an abrupt end. The first reaction is one of fear and hurt. But then I remember this process and instead of saying that this means that I have “Lost my job, am unemployed at a time when job are scarce” I can look at it and say “this is a blessing that frees me up to pursue something I really want to do, I won’t have to just ‘work’ now that I have the opportunity to find what I enjoy for a living instead”. And I can say that I am a failure, that I don’t know how I’m going to make it, that my future is uncertain, etc…. but I think of the process and I can say, “I am fine, I am abundant, and my experience is that I am excited about this new adventure and that I feel happy and at peace.” And guess what? Instead of crying, worrying, getting physically ill and losing sleep, I feel calm, assured and able to laugh and enjoy my family and my life. This is how it works. And I have used this same process several times in my life and not only reaped the immediate benefits of the lack of discomfort but also seen the situation work out just fine in the long run. To me, it is simply the application of real faith.
So, if you’re struggling, take your time with the “Nothing is real” thing but apply the other two and see how effective it is.
LOVE!!!

Your Name

posted January 2, 2009 at 11:35 pm

“I never forgot this example of Personal Creation. The exterior experience of this woman was not different from the experience of many other women who have been abused as a child, but her interior experience was remarkably different. She simply chose to hold the experience in another way.”
Well, but we should qualify that.
Yes, she did, at some point, choose to see it that way, but I’d be willing to bet there was an awful lot of sadness, an awful lot of pain, an awful lot of hurt, an awful lot of suffering, and an awful lot of growing to do in order for her to become able to make that choice.
Most of us have to run all the way around the bases to get to home plate. Not many of us were born there. In fact, I think only Jesus and maybe a couple of other humans were born there. It’s highly unusual to jump straight and genuinely into this attitude, oh, say…the DAY after it happens to you.
As for the rest of this, nine times out of ten it isn’t possible to change what’s happening to you anyway. So you can choose how much you suffer in response to Catastrophe A, but Catastrophe A is here and it’s going to happen to you whether you like it or not.
So why not choose to like it? You have to live with it anyway. I think this was what was meant by “Not my will, but thine, be done.” That isn’t a request…it’s a statement of fact.

Your Name

posted January 2, 2009 at 11:36 pm

Today, I have introduced to the two books of Neale Donald Walcsh. I went to borders books store to find few books written with higher standard to cultivate English vocabulary in my brain pool. I went to the Methaphysical section and grab two books written by the same person, Neale Donald Walcsh. I started reading “Conversation with God” book till chapter six and absorbed by the idea and recalled plethora of almost forgotten vocabulary in my memory pool.
I am a dedicated protestant Christian and decided to peruse the idea mentioned by the author and finally decided to buy all books written by him. I just come across this blog while probing other work by the same author and decided to throw my experience and render my gratitude.
The second, book I got is “What God Wants”. At this time, I am interested in the language part of the book rather than the idea rendered on the book. Meantime, I am sure I will explore the descriptive idea rendered as panacea for the world problem we all live in.
Thank you, the book is really persuasive and written with higher standard.
Abel

Your Name

posted January 2, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Although, having said that, “This is what you’re going to get, that you have no choice about whether or not to receive. Now like it or don’t like it, but you still have to have it,” isn’t much of a choice to me. That’s more on the order of “Do this or I’ll shoot you,” or, “Work this far-below-poverty-wages-job or starve,” than it is, “Choose from any possibility.”
What kind of choices are, “Do this or I’ll shoot you?” or “Work for these far-below-poverty-wages or starve completely?” Not much. But, I guess, “You don’t get to choose whether or not to have this event. You only get to choose whether or not to like it,” is better than no choice whatsoever. At least we do have that much.

a survivor.

posted January 2, 2009 at 11:53 pm

I’m living proof that someone can feel like they want to take their last breath already, and go through a complete turn around.
The abuse made me want to just stop.
But I didn’t.
I’m happier than ever, and it may sound weird but I’m almost thankful for what I endured as a child…it made me so strong.

Bryan W

posted January 3, 2009 at 12:53 am

Deb – the fact that YOU – have been permanently affected by an atrocity is entirely up to you.
One of my friends lived through a Nazi Concentration camp – and while he is certainly an oddity – he told me that he was totally healed inside – and that although he felt sadness for sure – - that he somehow through some “miracle” [as he put it] – now feels no deep pain or sorrow about the hideous events he endured
He saw members of his family die a slow painful death.
How on Earth could he not be “permanently affected” in a negative way ?
I believe it is because he has chosen to create his own experience
about that – and through his internal wisdom – this is how he
wants to live his life on Earth.
I am with you Deb – I may be not able to put aside these events – and could possibly not face being totally happy again.
However, I would never write in a public forum that my friend
doesn’t feel healed … because I know he does.
- Hugs,
Bryan

Andrei

posted January 3, 2009 at 4:03 am

I think Howard gave a good explanation to how this ‘reality perceiving’ law is working. I may add that as quantum phisicist are saying we use at most 5% of our brain capacity and that if we receive around 14 miliion bits of info per second and after filtering through our senses we acknowledge only 2000 of them [i might be wrong with the numbers but you get the picture]- well that pretty much means we know nothing about whats going on and we`re just imagining our life as we want it to be [or as others taught us of how it should be].
So this also gives birth to some important questions, how can we ‘improve’? how can we perceive more from what is around us? how can we be more ‘godlike’?

Birds Birdie

posted January 3, 2009 at 10:33 am

Susan,
You Do A Wonderful Job at preaching to people – only in the most heinous ways. How is that for a mirror of reflection of ones self? You take others positives posts, positive experiences – and turn them into something very ugly in your first response.
That is what you did with me – and now you do it with Deb.
Little girl, you need to learn to say “I’m sorry”. ;)
love always

Birds Birdie

posted January 3, 2009 at 10:42 am

How does that feel Susan? Someone out of no where comes to simply sit on your “experience”. You do it all the time… so why not experience a little of what you put others through???
Called ‘A dose of reality’…
What YOU give, is what you get…
Here has been one of my favorite songs that has seen me through a lot.
(“I am sorry Father for treating another of your children so harshly, however she has been down right rude to others among here; including myself. I hope by speaking the truth she’ll ‘get it’ “)

Birds Birdie

posted January 3, 2009 at 12:19 pm

You need to realize, I am not a hateful person at all. Probably one of the most loving you will ever meet. The type to give the coat off my back to anyone – the person that takes little frogs outside that have snuck in, in order that they will survive – and asks my husband to handle the spiders. They scare me a bit…
But, it is our generations way to use words – very direct words when we finally have had enough – to emphasis points, get the meaning across, express our most inward feelings – even those of anger when suitable- in hopes that others will not have to experience what we have had to experience in order to learn that most recent previous generations have been wrong…
For if this were not the case, our world would be in a much, much better position. Would it not?
The sword of words is the tool Heavenly Father said would be used when time…
Susan, instead of lashing out in the midst of your change, subtly, why not embrace it totally? I am the one after all, that within the past couple of weeks brought to your attention the grateful and wonderful attributes of change that occur in becoming fully a submissive wife? Maybe God is speaking to you, and you just don’t like the fact that I am so forward with it?
For a good wife understand how to make due with very little… Truly make do and very well. It is the gift of waste not, want not. And it develops skills that most do not possess in these days…
love always

Birds Birdie

posted January 3, 2009 at 1:41 pm

And as far as acting out towards Neale, Susan. It angers this generation that he is preaching to the masses a thought path that really does not effect the whole as he wishes. He believes in ‘magic’, where the magic can only be real with three things 1. Gods desires. The one God of all the universes 2. Christ 3. then the rest of personal creation in other thought paths combined solely with the two most important first listed.
He simply will not acknowledge the fullness of the plan. Rather, He wants to do away with it. And that is fine if it is his personal belief. But he will not effect the majority with out accepting the majority, which includes the minority and the majority; it includes all.
He still has lessons to learn too, Susan. Maybe it is the children that you should be asking instead of the ones that have lead this nation to where it is through recent previous generations…
And I am frankly tired of apologizing and bowing gracefully down to thought paths that do not understand and accept the whole.
Sorry, but it is the truth!
love always…

Deb Reilly

posted January 3, 2009 at 2:17 pm

It is frustrating to be misunderstood–but we are all doing the best we can. None of us is perfect.
Four years ago this month, I allowed my husband to move back in after being convinced that I had wrongly accused him of something terrible. Almost immediately, I realized letting him return was a huge mistake. A few days later, calmly and firmly, I explained why things weren’t working; he stormed out.
An hour later, as I was reading in bed, he came back and told me he was going to kill me. I’ll skip the details. As he tried to suffocate me, I imagined my young children without parents, living with the horror of knowing their father killed their mother.
I asked God for help, and heard these words, “Tell him you understand his pain.” Believing I’d heard the voice of a loving spirit, I stopped struggling. He lifted the pillow and started screaming again, beating my face. I managed to choke out the words I’d been given. In that moment, I was given a miracle. I saw him as the innocent who had suffered at the hands of his parents; as the young man who had done his best to cope by using drugs and alcohol; as the child of God who had made terrible choices.
The purple rage faded from his face. He begged me for forgiveness, and got off me.
The last time I saw him was in court a few months later. He had reverted back into denial, blaming me for his problems, denying the reality of what he had done to all of us.
I guess what really touched a nerve on this blog was the impression I got that child abuse isn’t really a big deal. That Neale’s example of a woman’s response negated the destruction that kind of behavior can cause. I’ve seen childhood sexual abuse pass from one generation to the next in so many families. It is denied time and time again because if it isn’t, families break apart. In this day and age, children are encouraged to tell. Yet they are often not believed.
To say, “Nothing in this world is real,” says to me, “Nothing in this world is important because it is not permanent.” To me, everything that happens is important and real.
To be clear, I completely agree with #2 and #3. Why else would we have experiences, but to grow and learn from them?

Birds Birdie

posted January 3, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Oh my God,
Dear Deb…
That touched me so deeply. And I sit with such tears in my eyes wishing I could just give you a huge hug. I know it is probably not wanted. But, my heart so deeply goes out to you…
And I understand so very, very well…
I am so sorry Deb.
If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, this one is huge for really loving people who have gone through things they do not deserve.
love always
Do you know what I really admire in you? You have loved yourself enough to let go of such unhealthy people. That touches me greatly. Thank You!
love always
P.S. Can I say one thing without crossing sensitive borders? All men are not such a way. I may be young, but I learned that lesson too…

Birds Birdie

posted January 3, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I’ve been having huge tears…
And I just thought of an idea that might be fun.
I’ll help you find a wonderful guy! :)
I can’t date anymore because I’m taken. But, I can help you find a wonderful guy! :D
Please???
It would be a lot of fun…
I would have of set my mother up this summer, seeing that I was in the perfect older community (her generation) to do so; with some of them making my husband feel uncomfortable. Until one in particular helped my husband with a very large pooper problem with our rv (he stuck paper towels down the toilet, and oh my goodness it was a terrible lesson learned. lol. But my husband at that point put away all jealousy with none to return. hahaha) But, she, my mom, is kinda mean and I wouldn’t wish that on any man… lol.

Your Name

posted January 3, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Just a thought, I didn’t experience anything Susan said up there as being mean to anyone…
I think when Neale says, “Nothing experienced here is real,” what he means is more in the great, general, eternal sense of things. When we die and go back Home we will see that it was all an illusion, that we are unharmed, that everything is still OK.
BUT…that doesn’t take away from the fact that while we’re here, some things sure are a mess. A great, big, hurtful, screaming, hairy mess. I don’t think Neale was referring to that aspect of it, but I don’t think he was ignoring it either. Not on purpose. Oh, the limitations of words!
Even if a person ended up going through the negative aspects of their abuse and overall ended up, many years later, positively strengthened by what they went through, they were still affected by it. Big time.
We should also acknowledge that even if the abused don’t grow up to marry sexual abusers or become sexual abusers themselves, many suffer serious afteraffects, such as BPD, that cause them to abuse their own kids in other ways. Those children’s personalities grow up deformed in certain ways, which causes them pain and trouble in their lives, and on and on unto (at least) the seventh generation. (Which I think Neale also addressed in at least one book.)

susan

posted January 3, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Neale,
As I “testified” above, I’d like to further share something from your conversations with God that is evident in my own experience. The message you got was that the quickest way to receive what you want in your own life is to make it happen for someone else. This has been proven true consistently in my life. So its no surprise that today, at this time in my life, the opportunity presented itself for me to invest in someone else’s dream of starting up their own business. Coincidence? No way! Just more evidence to me that the process works. And why wouldn’t I help someone out? “Do unto others as you would have done unto you”. I know that its considered “Normal” to be worried and afraid but instead, I’m excited, I’m hopeful. The outcome of life is never in question when we realize that life never ends. Thank you again, Neale for caring enough to share these messages with others. I’m inspired to do the same.
LOVE, Susan

susan

posted January 3, 2009 at 6:18 pm

thank you YOur Name, I agree… the limitation of words! How much better it is to see a person’s demeanor, hear their intonation, read their eyes…. but even that is limited. Even the best of intentions can be lost to one’s chosen perception.
If I understand what you’re saying, which I think is what Neale’s saying, which is what I’m saying… then its not saying that we deny that something has happened (in the sense of it being “real”) but the focus more along the lines of “Ok, so NOW what?” “What is my reality NOW in this moment?” Kind of along the lines of where do I place my personal power…. I don’t even know if THAT properly expresses the understanding of it that is in my head, but its close.
Susan

Deb Reilly

posted January 3, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Birdie, thanks for your kindness, but I’ve been blessed. I am enjoying my single life.
Last week I answered a “Are You Happy” questionnaire. I came out as a 38 out of 40. Most women my age registered at a 2. Yes,a 2! I have a lot to be grateful for, and I am.
I love you as I love Susan. Please hear me. She did not do anything to intentionally hurt your feelings. It feels much better to let go.
Even when people DO lash out on purpose, they do so because they don’t know any better.
Love,
Deb

Birds Birdie

posted January 3, 2009 at 8:30 pm

“When we die and go back Home we will see that it was all an illusion”
It is quite a nice thought isn’t it. However, untrue. For while each opportunity is an option that can benefit us in the current experience, all choices we make here, effect the eternal souls and the path they choose to take. There is no ‘Once we get there everything simply goes away’, it is more ‘Once we get there, who we have become today will determine tomorrow and the path of ascension (or descension depending where a soul is on the path of progression) in the eternities’.
One of my teachers; In fact the one who abducted me, and was I have come to understand, encouraged by my belated adopted father whom was a fantastic man. The teacher once told me “Some of us prefer to drive while others take the rocket ship’. Ending with a beautiful and wonderful, wise smile looking me square yet gently in the eyes.
I am glad Deb that you have experienced so much positive from your experience. :) I am glad that with time all things heal…
Good job!
I too, have had a recognition of perfection even in all that I have endured. I was simply hoping to make you smile. A gentle reminder that humor even in dark memories, lifts the spirits. And of course, if you wanted, it would be a fun adventure… But none the less, hoping to make you smile more than anything. :)
I believe your speaking of the ability to accept a given circumstance and determine in the future where it is you are going Susan. However, without careful consideration of the experience; why it happened, it’s meaning in your life, why it arrived… to move on from it without learning it’s lesson is futile Susan. For to deny the experience it’s life lesson, is to deny life it’s process, is to lead yourself into another similar experience in order that the lesson be truly learned.
You can not determine where it is you are going, unless you understand where it is you have been, and why…
For to love is to consciously make such future decisions in past and present understanding; with declaration of where it is you are going and for what purpose consciously as well. It is considering the past, the present And the future all at once Susan… For creation under this guidance, is a whole and productive creation.
Now… expand that thought not to just today… But from an eternal perspective. It changes the game completely dear…
Literally changes the entire game of life, and the reasons we do the things we do.
Try living from that perspective every day…
lol ;)

susan

posted January 4, 2009 at 12:38 am

The meaning of an event is the meaning I give it.
The lesson is the one I learn from it.
And so it is for everyone who decides a meaning or lesson is in order. For some the moment is enough. And that’s very OK, too.
How would our view of the past, present & future compare if we knew we had days left to enjoy with our loved ones? The past, the future would suddenly lose their importance in favor of the all-important NOW and the chance to savor every drop of love and life and joy before moving on. That is the essence of what I’m talking about, to clarify the misunderstanding of my previous statements. It is no more about denial for those of us who think we have years than it is for those who know they have only moments. LIFE IS FOR LIVING!!! Every moment is the only one we have. Every moment is a beginning and an ending. Every moment is worth living to the fullest and giving to others as well. This is what I consider when I think about the crises of life… “It means I’m still here!” and so is God. Or in the words of a good teacher:
“”And why do you worry about clothes? Look at how the lilies in the field grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon with his riches was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. God clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today but tomorrow is thrown into the fire. So you can be even more sure that God will clothe you. Don’t have so little faith! Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ The people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things, and your Father in heaven knows you need them. Seek first God’s kingdom. Then all your other needs will be met as well.””
And from ‘The Message’:
“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”
Susan (who knows that she knows that she knows that All is Well)

MJinba

posted January 5, 2009 at 12:43 am

Wow, what a discussion. I came to it late, so had a chance to read.
I’d love to respond to about 12 of you, especially those who have shared your personal story, but it’d be a long post. Thanks for your efforts and your explanations here, that’s for sure.
I’ll add my 2 cents, I guess:
“1. Nothing in this world is real.”
Hmmm. Well whether this world is real or not has been a matter of philosophical, metaphysical and even theological debate probably for about as long as humans have been able to speak.
People whose IQ’s are in the single digits (no criticism here, just observation) tend to have difficulty with abstract thinking, so this sort of statement wouldn’t define their realities very well at all. It’s a nice heady principle, however, for Buddhists, some New Agers, and those with a penchant for Kierkegaard.
There does seem to be some reliable dependence between our definitions of reality and our experiences of it, but then one’s own definition of reality hasn’t much impact on someone else’s experience of it so… Since we all live here together maybe it’s a good thing that we do try to agree once in a while.
“2. The meaning of everything is the meaning I give it.”
… ditto above. And by the way, how astoundingly narcissistic.
It’s good to agree with the people you live with and around, at least on the most basic of meanings. Those who don’t or can’t agree on the meaning of things are often diagnosed with schizophrenia or another thought disorder. And they are susceptible to death by self neglect and bizarre behavior.
Add to that the fact that we are, however distasteful it seems, sometimes WRONG about the meanings we lay on things. We misinterpret the meanings of things our loved ones say and then we’re in trouble until we concede. When Aunt Lil laid the meaning of the Lord’s punishment onto her son’s AIDS, she lost his heart forever.
By the same token, to allow someone else to define one’s own inner reality is often pretty intrusive and unpleasant, so we have psychological boundaries and that prevents a lot of further trouble from taking place.
“3. I am who I say I am, and my experience is what I say it is.”
Well I won’t argue with that last clause but I think we have to be pretty careful with the first bit.
We humans are vulnerable to all manners of self delusion. The number one type of error we tend to make in life (this isn’t my own opinion, it’s been studied) is the Error of Attribution – meaning we tend to attribute greater powers and abilities to ourselves than we generally have. It’s what accounts for things like the “Peter Principle” (in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence), injuring ourselves doing weekend warrior projects, and overstretching our lines of credit. On public radio several months back I heard that according to recent survey, most people think they could run the country better than our current politicians do. Funny how those folks never run for office.
If we were all bold enough to get comfortable defining ourselves at the exclusion of a vast amount of input from others (and often disturbing input at that), I’d hate to see where our arrogance and our ignorance would lead us. We would be an entire society of… well never mind because I doubt we’d hold together as a society.
We need each other to knock the wind out of our sails once in a while, for humility, and so we can remember that in addition to being largely self defined we are also interdependent. We are members of groups to whom we owe our survival and at least part of our identities.
I’m all for taking a prudent approach to defining ourselves and our own realities. But as the discussion from everyone above illustrates really well, I think, we just get into trouble defining what other people should think about THEMselves. Is that so hard to understand?

MJinba

posted January 5, 2009 at 1:28 am

Just gotta add -
Deb, thank you for surviving your experiences, and thank you for being here, and thank you for being happy! Thank you!
Susan, good luck with your situation. I hope all goes well.

girl lion

posted January 5, 2009 at 10:07 am

this is what this generations sounds like to me…
I am so happy not to be among you. And I am sorry for the path and the journey that you are choosing. But, it is your will… So, here you go. This is where I depart you. I can’t go with you…
love always

Deb Reilly

posted January 5, 2009 at 10:45 am

MJinba, you deserve an ovation for your thoughtful post. I agree on all counts. (And thank YOU for being happy. It takes one to know one!)
Humility…ahh! What a painful, glorious gift.

MJinba

posted January 5, 2009 at 11:07 am

Oops, a correction needed re. my first post – people with IQ’s in the DOUBLE digits. People in the single digits… !!!… barely breathing!

Deb Reilly

posted January 5, 2009 at 11:10 am

This post is for my friend. Forgive the obscurity, she knows what I’m talking about.
God does not accuse.
God does not exalt anyone.
God does not punish anyone.
God does not have a favorite, or a chosen few.
God does not damn anyone.
God does not need our advice.
God does not want us to bicker or lash out.
Those are the tragic tools of another, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I know what it is to be snared in his trap, and I am believing you will find your way out. I love you. I learned to forgive and love him, one of God’s creations. But I don’t trust him anymore than I’d ever trust my Ex.
God is love. God is peace. God is perfect. God is forgiveness.

girl lion

posted January 5, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Deb,
The gates are closed. For this world has been taught of the generations of my direct ancestors for the last 2,000 years. It is that during this time the great deceiver has come and gone, and come again, that has left this world in the state of peril that it is in. Yet those whom have not heeded the teachers of love in the generations past are the ones that in this day, in this moment, can not see all the glorious gifts God has brought to this earth – and instead they deny them. For I AM the lion that speaketh the truth before His coming, His reign and His glory. I AM the lion that will leave the remaining truth for the world to ponder upon our departure. I have suffered with you long enough and have suffered at the hands of this generation. And as the daughter of God and Christ’s sister, the one Christ comes to deliver with our people, I AM the chosen to ask Gods mercy in no longer allowing us to suffer at the hands of the disbelieving. And in this I have I completed my work amidst you. In this I have closed the gates this very day, that my brothers and sisters be kept from further harm.
For there is perfect judgement in the hands of God which loves His people. For there is perfect uplifting of those whom chose God and Christ the Savior. For there is self punishment by way of consequence of action for the disbelieving. For God finds delight in those that multiply their talents, even in strength and belief for those who love Him. For through your own dam that has been built so will God leave for you to ponder. For God counsels those willing in His ways. And God speaks the truth to the ends of earth through willing hands.
God is love and peace for those who have chosen Him, and all is forgiven for those that believe Him and the things He has done, and is doing to deliver us.
Be well on your journey. I hope to meet you in the eternities for your further growth when you and all other disbelievers are ready.
The next portion of Gods work is to commence for this gate are closed this very day.
love always

Deb Reilly

posted January 5, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Birdie, when you have a moment, consider those who’ve been lied to. They’ve been fed fantastic scenarios, but they are no different from you. They believe what they’ve been told, just as you do. The master liar knows how to spin it. Consider the possibility that you have been tricked, as they have. I know this will upset you, believe that is not my aim. There is no way for me to skirt the truth.
You are a dear, sweet soul. If you need me, I’m there for you.
Love you.

girl lion

posted January 5, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Looking through the gates Deb… I on one side and you on the other. And I am figuratively looking you in the eyes with nothing but unconditional love for all – for the allowance of freedom and the same and equal love for the order.
Only 70,000 will believe of the children currently alive on earth. I have been prepared all of the days of my life for these odds. And, I am thankful for the ones that have chosen themselves.
Please be well Deb. I will see you in our return when Christ raises the dead. And I will be standing in the middle of my Father and my Brother. But first our departure for a thousand years after the Fathers arrival between the years of 2012 and 2016.
Please know that you are loved, even amidst those that you choose, and their choice to continue to destroy the earth and it’s people.
I hope you will accept me and us more fully when we come again. You have a great spirit that needs some tempering for right ways. And I look forward to working with you in the eternities.
love always

susan

posted January 5, 2009 at 9:49 pm

birdie girl lion,
I love you. I wish you so much love, peace & joy. May you be abundantly blessed. And I mean this with all of my heart.
Love Susan