Chattering Mind

Chattering Mind

Deirdre Imus’ Green Book Release

posted by vreiss

By Valerie Reiss, filling in for Amy.

Oddly enough, this week Deirdre Imus, wife to embattled shock jock Don Imus, came out with a book, “Green This! Volume 1: Greening Your Cleaning”, about how to clean you home with fewer toxins. Turns out, she’s also a vegan, and has even turned curmudgeon cum racist Don into one too.

It’s her second book, the first one being, “The Imus Ranch, Cooking for Kids and Cowboys,” a vegan cookbook. Deirdre also helms the Deirdre Imus Environmental Center for Pediatric Oncology, an organization that aims to help: “identify, control and ultimately prevent exposures to environmental factors that may cause adult, and especially pediatric cancer, as well as other health problems with our children,” according to its website.

All fascinating stuff. One can only imagine what conversations they’re having right now. His timing–making racist comments and then getting fired–is probably pretty lousy for her book sales. Then again, maybe not. I’d be more inclined to buy her book, knowing what a hard time she’s probably going through. Dunno. What do you think?

chloe

posted April 14, 2007 at 4:49 pm

I think birds of a feather flock together…and Im not buying any book from a racist family

Anonymous Also

posted April 15, 2007 at 10:18 pm

I’d treat her book like I would any others. I’d check it out at the library first, then if it makes sense, uses readily available items that actually work, and is worth my money, then and only then go buy it. That’s it.

christy

posted April 16, 2007 at 5:26 pm

i think there is a reason for everything, and i think it is time for don imus to be off t.v. and at home with his wife, so maybe he can find a bit of enlightenment

Laura

posted April 17, 2007 at 4:39 am

Oh, please. The man is a shock jock, using his influence and money to help seriously ill children. When did Al Sharpton, champion of lying Tawana Brawley who was NOT raped by white guys but thought she’d just go ahead and blame a few for her unwanted pregnancy, and Jesse Jackson (how many paternity suits?) help anyone but themselves? And, please recall, those two gentlemen (and I use the term extremely loosely) habitually refer to those of races other than their own in less than sterling phraseolgy. So it’s OK for self-styled Black ministers to cast stones in ernest, but not for white shock jocks to cast them in jest, however tasteless? Get a grip, people, and before you condemn Don Imus, when’s the last time you laughed at non-PC joke? Political correctness is just another name for bigotry turned inside out, and displays exactly the same thoughtlessly authoritarian ignorance.

motheroak

posted April 18, 2007 at 4:46 am

WOA nelly! Wait a second…It is NEVER a good thing to be unkind in language or in manner to another human being. There a some things that are tolerated in this free for all society that ought to simply stop: the abuse of freedom for one. It is NEVER a “joke” to say things like Imus or any other “shock jock” commonly defile the airwaves with about ANY HUMAN BEING of ANY RACE. For too long tolerating this kind of behavior has given people the idea somehow that it’s OK. IT IS NOT OK. I am female. I am black. I am a proud Rutgers alumna and a “B” average student when I was there. Millions of black women just like me, living in the “land of the free” every day of their lives knowing that anybody can broadcast those kinds of sexist/racist “jokes” and they would be laughed at,”acceptable”,helps put stress weight around the waist, keeps anger just beneath the skin, and hypertension a constant companion. These “jokes” make for a hostile social/spiritual atmosphere only death ends. This nation has a lot of work to do and a lot to answer for in the end.

Plaid 19

posted April 18, 2007 at 8:04 pm

Is this ABOUT Deirdre Imus and HER book!! I will buy it in fact I ordered today. I like what they BOTH do for children, and helping other live in a greener environment.

ChatteringMind

posted April 19, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Yeah, I’m with Christy. I saw Deirdre Imus on tv yesterday and she seemed very earnest, a little nervous in the hot spot lights, and super knowledgeable about greening up the home on a budget. Go home, Don. Smell the roses. Get in touch with your shadow. Some people marry their opposite.–CM

Alison

posted April 20, 2007 at 1:27 pm

Um This book rocks! I think it says alot about those people. That actually they are very caring for the environment and the children of the future. I gurantee Imus is not a racist considering his experience in life. Also, I have alot fo black friends and they joke calling themselves that sometimes. So I dont see the big deal. I am gonna but that book and the other one, no doubt. Come to think of it I am gonna go running through the streets calling everyone a ho ho ho and see how many people get offended yaeee! people take things too personally.lol

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Chattering Mind. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:09:39am Jul. 10, 2012 | read full post »

CM's Final Posts: You Can Fill the Space
Eighteen years ago, I wrote an article for a magazine that got me called in for a taped interview with a Fox TV morning news anchor. Being an effective communicator and a skillful public speaker was a dream of mine at the time. And still is. After some 30 minutes of prep with the station's hair-and-

posted 3:14:59pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Websites to Visit, Blogs to Read
Here are some blogs and websites I like. It's not a complete list. But it's a start. The first is called New Moon Journal and it is written by Michele Bailey-Lessirard, a life coach, collage artist, and "shamanic astrologer." On the opening page of her site, you'll find a little slide show of her am

posted 1:24:03pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Still Posted at My Desk
"Take off from here. And don't be so earnest, let others wear the sackcloth and the ashes. Let go, let fly, forget. You've listened long enough. Now strike your note." From "Station Island," by Seamus Heaney

posted 1:13:33pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

And Finally, This:
Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at

posted 11:30:38am Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »