Chattering Mind

Chattering Mind

How You Sign Spiritual Correspondence

posted by Chattering Mind

No Chattering Mind post has inspired as much mail as my inquiry into how folks are ending their spiritual correspondence. What follows is a list of all the marvelous ways people are ending emails and letters to their fellows on the path. “Blessings,” and all its variations seem to be the most popular substitutes for “Yours Truly.”

Here are all of your favorites.

Blessings,
Blessings always,
Blessed be,
Brightest blessings,
Many blessings,
Stay blessed,
Grace and blessings on your path,
Namaste,
Radiant Silence,
Love and light,
Love and blessings,
Wishing you love, light, and blessings always,
Deep bows,
Gassho (Peace and all good things to you,
May this day offer you just what you need in each unfolding moment,
God is with you!)
As always,
Peace,
Love, peace, and happiness,
Walk in light,
In Christian love for (healing, praise, honor glory, peace, mercy, etc.),
Sincerely with the Grace of God,
With you always,
Love and laughter,
Hope all is well in your world,
Love, love, and more love,
Love, hugs, kisses, and may God be with us,
Wishing you all good things,
Harm none,
Live Well,
Peace, love, joy,
Take good care,
Know that u r loved!
In His grip,
Watching God work,
Cheerfully in Christ,
God be with you,
As ever and truly,
Only by Grace,
Love and hugs and prayers,
Grace abounds,
Be God’s,
Yours in meditation,
Maranatha,
In Jesus’s love, until He comes,
In gratitude,
May your day be filled with peace,
Wishing you joy and sunshine,
With thoughts and prayers,
Magic always,
Celebrate life!
With all that I am,
May God keep you in his warm and comforting embrace,
You are in my heart,

I know you will find a new way to sign your own letters from this wonderful list. Blessings and thanks to those who who wrote in!

Annapurna

posted November 14, 2006 at 12:11 am

Some message boards let users have a “signature” a.k.a., “siggy”, and on the sites where I have one it’s: Peace, [username] Ie, Andre_Rieu_fan356 on bnet.

Pacific231

posted November 14, 2006 at 2:36 am

“Peace” is the only Christian sign-off that I can handle. I once got a flame message from a conservative in a political board years ago (not Bnet). Said flamer actually signed the message. “God bless you.” I did not think the irony was unintentional. It was, I concluded, his not very Christian way of derisively saying “Have a nice day!” (the way one might say it when accompanying that message with certain vulgar finger puppetry). So the point is: pay attention even more, MUCH more, to the body of your message than any religiously cutesy sign-off. Hopefully the message itself will convey “peace” and “blessings from God” ;)

daria

posted November 14, 2006 at 5:06 pm

I loved what Pacific231 had to say (no surprise there) since I’ve also been a victim of the same “God bless you/bugger-off” insincerity. I agree as well that the meaning is in the message, so much so that a closing is often unnecessary, maybe even superfluous. In any case, I’ve enjoyed all I’ve learned from this post, not the least of which is how diverese the CM readers are. And that is truly a blessing for us all. Namaste.

Kathleen

posted November 15, 2006 at 12:57 am

Kathryn

posted November 16, 2006 at 3:17 am

Actually, I am one who changes my salutations and closings depending upon whom I’m talking with, their content and “sensing” what words would be appropriate at that time. I choose my words from different literary sources – the Bible, poetry, quotations, articles, songs, anything. In fact, I have used Bob Perks words a couple of times, – “I wish you enough,” or variations of that. I have no problems coming up with words. It’s one of the ways I use my creativity, and I do write a lot.

Faith Bodgan

posted December 9, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I was just sitting here trying to come up with a Christian closing for a business letter that didn’t sound trite, and my husband said, “How about, ‘It’s all about me.'” I’m thinking, no. ;)

Lindy Ann Butts

posted April 20, 2012 at 7:15 am

How does- I choose to be a servant of Christ- sound? Thanks!

Tina Augustus

posted September 3, 2012 at 1:13 am

Here is another one I received from a friend: “Experiencing His Abundant Favor,”

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Chattering Mind. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:09:39am Jul. 10, 2012 | read full post »

CM's Final Posts: You Can Fill the Space
Eighteen years ago, I wrote an article for a magazine that got me called in for a taped interview with a Fox TV morning news anchor. Being an effective communicator and a skillful public speaker was a dream of mine at the time. And still is. After some 30 minutes of prep with the station's hair-and-

posted 3:14:59pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Websites to Visit, Blogs to Read
Here are some blogs and websites I like. It's not a complete list. But it's a start. The first is called New Moon Journal and it is written by Michele Bailey-Lessirard, a life coach, collage artist, and "shamanic astrologer." On the opening page of her site, you'll find a little slide show of her am

posted 1:24:03pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Still Posted at My Desk
"Take off from here. And don't be so earnest, let others wear the sackcloth and the ashes. Let go, let fly, forget. You've listened long enough. Now strike your note." From "Station Island," by Seamus Heaney

posted 1:13:33pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

And Finally, This:
Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at

posted 11:30:38am Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »