Chattering Mind

Chattering Mind

An Upside to the Heat Wave!

posted by chattering mind

Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson says that this summer’s high temperatures have converted him to believe in global warming.

Do you like him any better?

Krishna

posted August 5, 2006 at 3:28 am

I hate him. He does not speak on behlaf of the Christian god, he wants Chavez murdered, says he can leg a ton…he is and always be filled with bull**** in my mind.>

Pam

posted August 5, 2006 at 7:55 pm

Jesus spoke about love, but Pat Robinson seems to hate everyone that disagrees with him.>

Kathy

posted August 5, 2006 at 8:05 pm

Namaste; the God in me greets the God in Pat Robertson. He, like all creations of God, has a spark of the divine inside him. I honor and recognize that in him, as well as the free will that each of us was given by our creator. That being said, fundamentalism of any kind, whether it be fundamentalist Christianity, Islam, feminism, animal rights or whatever, is inherently judgmental, intolerant and closed minded. There is no room for flexibility, and intolerance is seen as a good thing, because there is only one right way to be a christian, feminist, PETA member, or whatever. I think this mindset does more harm than good because it disregards the unity of God’s creation, as well as the dynamic, evolving nature of the planet and all things on it.>

daria

posted August 5, 2006 at 10:51 pm

I often find Pat Robertson exasperating, as I do any expression of fundamentalism. Yet I recognize that my reaction to him is an indicator of how well I practice what (I say) I believe, namely, love, charity and tolerance. So while my regard for his person seldom varies, I struggle with his behavior. Kathy’s wisdom gives me pause.>

Kathy

posted August 6, 2006 at 1:53 am

I struggle to not meet hatefulness, especially that of the religious right, with more hatefulness. If I respond to them with hate, that’s just more hate and intolerance in the world. It’s hard to not hate someone who despises you, but I think that’s the more evolved path and part of what I’m down here to learn. Plus, why should they get to usurp my religion and destroy my peace of mind? On my way to forgiving them and meeting their hate with love, maybe I’ll laugh at/and or feel sorry for them. It’s better than getting all riled up.>

Kathy

posted August 6, 2006 at 4:57 pm

From today’s Beliefnet Daily Buddhist Wisdom: Sakka asked the Buddha: “Do different religious teachers head for the same goal or practice the same disciplines or aspire to the same thing?” “No, Sakka, they do not. And why? This world is made up of myriad different states of being, and people adhere to one or another of these states and become tenaciously possessive of them, saying, ‘This alone is true, everything else is false.’ It is like a territory that they believe is theirs. So all religious teachers do not teach the same goal or the same discipline, nor do they aspire to the same thing. “But if you find truth in any religion or philosophy, then accept that truth without prejudice.” -Digha Nikaya>

Hil Yoo

posted August 7, 2006 at 7:18 pm

He wrote a book on Ten Commandments.One of the Commandments is Thou Shall Not Kill and another Commandment is There Is No other God. If he can go against these Commandments he will fall into Satan’s Dutch.So it is time for hom to realize his follies and seek THE TRUTH.>

mslily

posted August 8, 2006 at 9:55 am

No,I am a Christian, and he gives Christians a bad name every time he speaks his ill-formed thoughts!>

Serginho

posted August 8, 2006 at 11:04 am

Perhaps Robertson might actually consider doing something to mitigate global warming–opening his piehole less often.>

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Chattering Mind. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:09:39am Jul. 10, 2012 | read full post »

CM's Final Posts: You Can Fill the Space
Eighteen years ago, I wrote an article for a magazine that got me called in for a taped interview with a Fox TV morning news anchor. Being an effective communicator and a skillful public speaker was a dream of mine at the time. And still is. After some 30 minutes of prep with the station's hair-and-

posted 3:14:59pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Websites to Visit, Blogs to Read
Here are some blogs and websites I like. It's not a complete list. But it's a start. The first is called New Moon Journal and it is written by Michele Bailey-Lessirard, a life coach, collage artist, and "shamanic astrologer." On the opening page of her site, you'll find a little slide show of her am

posted 1:24:03pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Still Posted at My Desk
"Take off from here. And don't be so earnest, let others wear the sackcloth and the ashes. Let go, let fly, forget. You've listened long enough. Now strike your note." From "Station Island," by Seamus Heaney

posted 1:13:33pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

And Finally, This:
Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at

posted 11:30:38am Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »