Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue

The Memorare

posted by Beyond Blue

I have prayed the Memorare every day since my mom (and others) told me to go to Mary with my depression. It’s clear from the words of this prayer that Mary hears all pleas, but especially those uttered in desperation. I thought I would post it today since it is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, but also since, during this time of year, I feel a special connection to Mary:

“Remember O Most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To you I come; before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.”

mary

posted December 10, 2012 at 7:25 am

To okodu Thank you for always being there for me okodu I had spells cast for me before without success and successful ones, but I never felt so taken care of before. You really care about your client’s. All problems are solved now thanks to you. email address dr.okoduspellcaster@gmail.com

Belleo

posted December 11, 2012 at 4:48 am

My husband and I have said this prayer for many years .Because of health issues I now sleep in my own room . I sort of forgot this prayer and we do need this prayer here . On our Columbia magazine this month is a picture of Mary . She is pregnant . The first time I saw a picture of the pregnant virgin it was a moment of knowing . She is so much like us .

Stephanie

posted December 11, 2012 at 9:39 am

Dearest Therese,

This morning on the Catholic Radio, they were talking about this miraculous prayer, and I just began to cry, at the sound of the words, even though I have heard them many times before. It is such a beautiful prayer, and as you said, it is one that is especially treasured, because it can be said in desperation, a state I am often in myself….

Thank you for all you have done for us, dear Therese.

With Much Love, Stephanie

John Bartelloni

posted December 11, 2012 at 9:45 am

The Memorare of Saint Bernard has long been one of my favorite prayers. At Father Lopez High School in Daytona Beach, Sister Bernadita, O.P. would conclude our pep rallies by leading us in reciting it. Years after leaving Lopez, I visited Sister in the infirmary at the Motherhouse of the Blauvelt Dominicans and recited the Memorare once more with her. What a memorable moment it was.

Nancy

posted December 11, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Last night I was reading about the Holy Souls in Purgatory and how efficatious a prayer the Memorare is for them. So as you pray it for yourself, try to add the intention of a forgotten soul in Purgatory also! They need our prayers! Someday, we might need theirs.

Mary Beth

posted December 11, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Thanks for a sweet reminder from my childhood. It’s a precious prayer.

Mary

posted December 11, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Thank you, I often forget this beautiful prayer, and today I really needed it.

Diane

posted December 11, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Thank you for posting that lovely prayer. I too have felt closer to MOTHER past few days. Also been praying to master spirits and deceased family spirits for guidance through this low time.

ANGELO IMMANUEL

posted April 27, 2013 at 3:25 am

hi, I am from Calcutta, India. Thank you so much for posting what you felt. Now I tell you a secret. Mother Teresa was not getting the house for her missionary sisters. Then she and the sisters prayed 54,000 Memorares. Then she got the house. That’s why the address of the house is 54 A AJC BOSE ROAD. She made the address 54 because she got that house after 54,000 Memorare prayers.

I added a word to the prayer for my personal feelings. I hope mother Mary will not mind. Please tell your opinion. The word I added is in the bracket. alright? so it says -
“Remember O Most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To you I come; before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful((( and worried ))). O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.”

my email address is angelo.immanuel@gmail.com

ANGELO IMMANUEL

posted June 12, 2013 at 1:57 am

First of all I apologize for giving a wrong information about mother Teresa in my previous comment. I said she prayed 54 thousand memorare but it was not 54 it was 85
————————————
————————————
my experience of memorare and seeing things before it happens

one day I was praying memorare at night and suddenly, like a vision I saw that a big white animal is walking from my right side to left. But the animal was not so clear. it was big like 3 feet but not clear. it was white but kind of transparent. so I was thinking what is happening? what is this animal? why am I seeing this nonsense? then after 2 / 3 minutes, through my window I saw that a real white cat started walking on the roof of the building opposite of my house in the same direction like the white animal was walking. only the difference is that in my vision, the white animal was so close to me and not clear and was big but 2 / 3 minutes later what i saw was a real cat and 20 feet far from me and small like a normal cat. So I thought – may be I am seeing things before it happens.