Improve the Health and Well-Being of Children
1. Once a week schedule family date night. It’s a time for the family to move and have fun. Make a list combining each of the family members’ favorite activities. Each week choose an activity for family date night, and make it happen.
2. Grow green! Start a family garden, a Garden of Hope, or join a community garden. Your family will learn and benefit from growing, cooking, and eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Plan more family meals eaten together at home. Use this quality time to talk, share, and learn. Also, get your kids involved in sports and physical activities at schools, community centers, or church.
4. Heart to heart: Every month encourage your family to volunteer to help those who are less fortunate. This kind gesture will build character and teach them to be more humble and giving.
5. Education: Educate your children about where they come from and their heritage. As early as first grade, hire a tutor or find a college student who is a volunteer tutor. Educate your children and yourself about the world. Study and learn about other people, cultures, and places.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from. – Proverbs 22:6
5 Ways to Make the Best of Your Solo TimeThere are many benefits to spending time alone. Make the best of it in these...
9 Smart Ways to Deal With Toxic PeopleDon't fuel their fire because they want to get arise out you and their toxicity...
6 Tiny Habits That Rob You of Your HappinessYou think that small issues can’t impede on your happiness. Guess again!
How To Overcome The Pain of AbuseDomestic abuse is a problem that affects almost a third of all women. Here are...
7 Toxic Behaviors That Push People AwayBefore you allow your attitude to take over, check yourself and do your best...