Improve the Health and Well-Being of Children
1. Once a week schedule family date night. It’s a time for the family to move and have fun. Make a list combining each of the family members’ favorite activities. Each week choose an activity for family date night, and make it happen.
2. Grow green! Start a family garden, a Garden of Hope, or join a community garden. Your family will learn and benefit from growing, cooking, and eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Plan more family meals eaten together at home. Use this quality time to talk, share, and learn. Also, get your kids involved in sports and physical activities at schools, community centers, or church.
4. Heart to heart: Every month encourage your family to volunteer to help those who are less fortunate. This kind gesture will build character and teach them to be more humble and giving.
5. Education: Educate your children about where they come from and their heritage. As early as first grade, hire a tutor or find a college student who is a volunteer tutor. Educate your children and yourself about the world. Study and learn about other people, cultures, and places.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from. – Proverbs 22:6
6 Ways We Limit OurselvesHow many times do we limit ourselves out of fear, procrastination, or perfection?...
6 Ways to Avoid GossipGossip, whether it be true or false, is not a healthy activity to engage in....
Forgiveness: Some Tips for the New YearThe New Year is a time of fresh starts. So it’s a good time to put your grudges...