Having a Positive Attitude Can Add Up to 7.5 Years to Your Life
Having a positive attitude can add to your life, a study says.
What can you do to improve your attitude about aging? Dr. Khatri suggests the following:
– Start early and make changes that will keep you healthy, both mentally and physically.
– Find someone who is having a positive aging experience and learn from them.
– Find meaningful goals and interests that outlive your career so that you are not bored after retirement.
– Develop a sense of purpose — things such as spirituality or volunteer work, or even small things such as reading the newspaper every morning or going for a walk with a friend
– Build a social support network and nourish relationships because these are important as we age
– Take care of your body by exercising and eating well. Exercise is very good for mind, body and mood. Fruits, vegetables and omega-3 help us stay physically and mentally fit.
For more insightful articles and more visit 50Plus.com.