10 Ways to Bring Peace to the World
Wherever You Stand, Make It Camp David
"The only way we can make peace is for each of us to be the peace we want to see." -- Susan Collin Marks
It's up to us. We can't wait for someone more powerful or wiser to deliver peace. We are the wise and powerful ones who choose peace in every thought and action.
King showed us that even the simplest acts tilt the world toward peace. When his house was burned during the civil rights movement, he raced home not knowing if his wife and young daughter were safe. And he knew whatever he did could affect the anger brewing in the country. He stepped onto his porch and said, "Remember, this is what God said, 'We are not advocating violence. We want to love our enemies. I want you to love your enemies. Be good to them. Love them and let them know you love them.'"
Global peace is a personal choice, hour by hour. Ask yourself, "Am I going to add to the fighting in the world? Or offer up something greater?"
Top Holistic Living Features
- Are You in a Funk? It’s Not Always a Lack of Faith
- 10 Ways to Recover and Respond to Angry Email
- Kisses of Death in a Marriage
- Finding the Hidden Gifts in Stillness
- 7 Healing Promises To Help You Begin Again
- 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be Dating
- Advice for Moving On When Your Ex Left You for Someone Else