Showing 10 of 1422 results for "hinduism"
Did you mean: Hinduism
Beliefnet offers coverage of Hinduism, offering interviews, essays, galleries, holiday coverage and quizzes breaking down various aspects of this ancient religion, from who the various Gods are to how the caste system works, to ceremonial explanations and coverage of Hinduism and pop culture, to stories about Hindu life in America. Diwali, Mother Kali, the Sacred Thread ceremony, Hindu wedding ceremonies, who Hare Krishnas are--all these topics and more are covered in Beliefnet's Hindu section.
Food plays an important role in worship and the food offered to God is thought to bestow considerable religious merit, purifying body, mind and spirit. Here are a few Hindu dishes that you should try.
A guide highlighting fall and winter holidays celebrated by five major world religions.
Why is this topic so popular today?
Beliefnet offers coverage of Hindu inspiration and news for those wanting to know how to practice Hinduism. Learn about: Diwali, Mother Kali, the Sacred Thread ceremony, Hindu wedding ceremonies, who Hare Krishnas are--all these topics and more are covered in Beliefnet's Hindu inspiration section.
Though scientific discoveries like the Higg’s Boson aka ‘God particle’ are an honest attempt to know the origin of universe, there have been other attempts and approaches to know the truth. If “India is like a historic father of the Higg’s Boson project” according to Paolo Giubellino the spokesperson of CERN, the search for the absolute truth had a wiser ancestor in ancient India. It is already known to scholars that 'Truth' has been a favourite subject of research for ‘Truth-seekers' in India for thousands of years. But ‘Truth’ according to them wasn’t about any particle of God in the realm of cause-and-effect, but a discovery of God principle. Where does the ancient Indian discovery trail take us?
The Indian spiritual traditions are replete with dialogues, Q&As and rhetoric on truth. Even in the great epic Mahabharata we find many accounts of reasoning and inquiry where application of dharma is discussed. The Yaksha Prashna in the Mahabharata is one such section where we find a famous Q&A (question and answer) session between Yama the Lord of death and the wise King Yudhistir. In this Q&A we find 123 pointed questions by Lord Yama in a rapid fire style to which the righteous Yudhistir answers in a crisp and insightful way covering many aspects of applied DHARMA.
What do temples and idols mean for your life in the modern age? Beliefnet expert Ram Lingam provides enlightenment on the issue.
Sheetal describes a talk by Swami Swaroopananda of the Chinmaya Mission, who discusses "Success without Stress" through parts of the Hanuman Chalisa.
Exploring the current fight for equality in light of the ancient beliefs of Hinduism
DIDN'T FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR?
- How to Let Go of Past Loves
- 15 Hidden Health Secrets of Lemons
- 21 Simple Ways to Be Happy
- The Lord Is My Shepherd: The 23rd Psalm
- Prayers for Jobs and Money
- How to Attract Abundance
- 8 Irish Blessings - Irish Blessings for Luck
- 21 Ways to Overcome Disappointment
- Living the Serenity Prayer
- How to Practice Lectio Divina
- 10 Inspiring Quotes for a Depressed Heart
- Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times
- ¿Puede una madre sobrevivir el suicidio de un hijo?
- 15 Hidden Health Secrets of Lemons
- 21 Consejos para reavivar tu relacion con Cristo
- La puerta del INFIERNO: y 9 impresionantes lugares
- Preguntas de la Biblia
- The 12 Most Powerful Christians in Hollywood
- 6 razones para seguir luchando por tus sueños
- Milagro Bebé regresa a la vida
- Delicious Hindu Dishes
- Sacred Time: Religious Observances Around the World
- Trending: SikhWomen
- GOD particle vs. GOD principle
- A 5,000 year old Q&A with the lord of death
- Temples and Idols in this age of reasoning
- Ashta Siddhis Are Recipes For Success Without Stress
- A Hindu Response to Gay Rights
- The Barking Dog of the False Ego
- Why My Hindu Practice Has Made Me A Better Catholic