Showing 10 of 151 results for "hindu"
Did you mean: hind
Food plays an important role in worship and the food offered to God is thought to bestow considerable religious merit, purifying body, mind and spirit. Here are a few Hindu dishes that you should try.
Learn how celebrating the Indian New Year can change your life!
May good things happen to us in the coming New Year. Those who believe in a new resolution, New Year is just the excuse to form new habits and change for the better. Here is a selection of some New Year messages, from some great Indians, that are zara hatke and could add some oomph to our resolutions.
How well do you know these two spiritual leaders? Take our quiz and find out!
What's your IQ? What's your EQ? These days we are also asked what your SQ (spiritual quotient) is. These IQ, EQ, SQ etc are available today only to measure our aptitude, emotions, spirituality etc. But there is a quotient that was discovered thousands of years ago in India, which is based on natural order of things. It is the Varna quotient that is simple, logical and provides a template to understand oneself.
It is not uncommon for Indians to get asked "So...what do you guys eat for breakfast in India?" The answer is not so straightforward because India has a diversity platter on almost everything. Only those who know about Indian culture really understand that there is no such thing as homogenous Indian food - be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. But there are some principles that make Indian cuisine unique, especially the so called 'Indian breakfast".
These powerful quotes from wise Hindu swamis will certainly inspire you!
Beliefnet offers coverage of Hinduism, offering interviews, essays, galleries, holiday coverage and quizzes breaking down various aspects of this ancient religion, from who the various Gods are to how the caste system works, to ceremonial explanations and coverage of Hinduism and pop culture, to stories about Hindu life in America. Diwali, Mother Kali, the Sacred Thread ceremony, Hindu wedding ceremonies, who Hare Krishnas are--all these topics and more are covered in Beliefnet's Hindu section.
Beliefnet offers coverage of Hindu inspiration and news for those wanting to know how to practice Hinduism. Learn about: Diwali, Mother Kali, the Sacred Thread ceremony, Hindu wedding ceremonies, who Hare Krishnas are--all these topics and more are covered in Beliefnet's Hindu inspiration section.
What do temples and idols mean for your life in the modern age? Beliefnet expert Ram Lingam provides enlightenment on the issue.
DIDN'T FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR?
- How to Let Go of Past Loves
- 15 Hidden Health Secrets of Lemons
- 21 Simple Ways to Be Happy
- The Lord Is My Shepherd: The 23rd Psalm
- Prayers for Jobs and Money
- How to Attract Abundance
- 8 Irish Blessings - Irish Blessings for Luck
- 21 Ways to Overcome Disappointment
- Living the Serenity Prayer
- How to Practice Lectio Divina
- 10 Inspiring Quotes for a Depressed Heart
- Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times
- ¿Puede una madre sobrevivir el suicidio de un hijo?
- 15 Hidden Health Secrets of Lemons
- 21 Consejos para reavivar tu relacion con Cristo
- La puerta del INFIERNO: y 9 impresionantes lugares
- Preguntas de la Biblia
- The 12 Most Powerful Christians in Hollywood
- 6 razones para seguir luchando por tus sueños
- Milagro Bebé regresa a la vida
- Delicious Hindu Dishes
- Ugadi: Kicking Off a Fresh Start with the Indian New Year
- 'Out of the Box' Resolutions for the New Year
- What's your VARNA quotient?
- So, what's a Hindu "breakfast"?
- Inspiring Hindu Quotes
- Temples and Idols in this age of reasoning
- India's Christians ask: What would Gandhi do?
- Why My Hindu Practice Has Made Me A Better Catholic
- The Hindu Festival of Holi