I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I had asked for,
but eveything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.
The Blessing of Unanswered Prayers
Top Rated Prayers
- 7 Reasons The Lost Gospel Isn’t True
- 7 Reasons It's Okay To Have Interfaith Friends
- 7 Reasons Jesus Is Not A Fan Of The American Dream
- 7 Healing Promises To Help You Begin Again
- 5 Questions To Ask Before Joining A Facebook Debate
- Science Catches Up With The Bible: Study Shows Religion Doesn’t Make People Righteous