Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will have servant hearts...
May they desire to have servant hearts, considering others
better than themselves, putting others' needs above their own.
May they imitate Christ, who became a servant, humbling
Himself to become human just like us, living a life of obedience
even to death. Jesus came not to be served but to serve and to
give His life. (1 Thessalonians 1:6; Philippians 2:6–8; Matthew 20:28)
May they serve one another in love, always wholeheartedly as
though they are serving the Lord Jesus, not men. May they
use the spiritual gifts they've received to serve others with the
strength You provide, so that in all things You may be praised.
(Galatians 5:13b; Ephesians 6:7; 1 Peter 4:10, 11b)
May they always be eager to serve, treating others as they
would want to be treated. (1 Peter 5:2b; Matthew 7:12)
Help them to live for others, asking, "How would I want
to be treated in this and every situation?"—and responding
just that way.
In Jesus' name, amen.
To Put Others First
comments powered by Disqus
Top Rated Prayers
- Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? A Biblical Portal Between Christianity and Islam
- 10 Easy Ways to Tell if He’s Serious About You
- Good Things Take Time: 7 Things You Should Never Rush
- 10 Things Your Boyfriend Should NEVER Do
- 7 Signs You’ve Given Your Heart to the Wrong Person
- Why so Many Americans Think They’re #Blessed