Teach Me to Pray
Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee; Thou only knowest what I need; Thou lovest me better than I know how to love myself. O Father! Give to Thy child that which he himself knows not how to ask. I dare not ask either for crosses or consolations; I simply present myself before Thee, I open my heart to Thee. Behold my needs which I know not myself; see and do according to Thy tender mercy. Smite, or heal; depress me, or raise me up; I adore all Thy purposes without knowing them; I am silent; I offer myself in sacrifice; I yield myself to Thee; I would have no other desire than to accomplish Thy will. Teach me to pray. Pray Thyself in me.
Top Rated Prayers
- 10 Ways to Deal With Loss During the Holidays
- Three nations make surprising appeal for church’s help
- Forgiveness in the Shadow of the Amish Schoolhouse Massacre
- Is “S.A.D.” Making You Fat?
- The Christmas Candle: Are you ready for your miracle?
- Everybody Can Help Somebody: Lessons Learned From My Homeless Friend