Daily Joke: Ponderings
- "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?
- If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, and dry cleaners depressed?
- Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?
- Why is it that if someone tells you that there are one billion stars in the universe you will believe them, but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?
- If people from Poland are called "Poles," why aren't people from Holland called "Holes?"
- Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
- If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
- Just think how much deeper the ocean would be if sponges didn't live there.
- If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
Be With Me
Today has been a hard day.I feel so weary and broken hearted;beat down by life.I need strength and energy to carry on.Help me
Definitions for Parents
posted by Susan DiamondI think of myself as a woman of the times, a 21st Century grandmother as my grandson calls me. Some of my values and ethics, however, are of yesteryear. I believe in values and in the laws that societies are built on. Unfortunately, society is getting further away from those fundamentals, and I am ...
Previous Posts: The Power of Creative Words, Time and Space | Finding a Soul Mate
"God and the Apple of His Eye"
Angels are said to "carry" our prayers to God (a kind of figurative way of speaking, like the expression, "I carry the people I love in my heart"), which shows how all of creation is beautifully bound together: men and angels in Christ, in God.