Daily Joke: 21st Century
Signs You've had too much of the 21st Century:
1. You try to enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 4.
4. You e-mail your colleague at the desk next to you to ask if they're ready to go to lunch.
5. You chat on-line regularly with a stranger from the U.S., but you haven't spoken to your next-door-neighbor yet this year.
6. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not have an e-mail address.
7. Your idea of being organized is multiple colored post-it notes.
8. You hear most of your jokes via e-mail rather than in person.
9. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
10. When you make phone calls from home you accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line.
11. You now think of three espressos as "getting wasted."
12. You call your son's beeper to let him know it's time to eat. He emails you back from his bedroom, "What's for dinner?"
13. Your daughter sells Girl Scout Cookies via her web site.
14. You didn't give your valentine a card this year, but you posted one for your e-mail buddies via a web page.
15. Your daughter just bought a CD of all the records your College roommate used to play.
16. You check the ingredients on a can of chicken noodle soup to see if it contains Echinacea.
17. You checked your blow-dryer to see if it was Y2K compliant.
18. Your grandmother clogs up your e-mail inbox asking you to send her a JPEG file of your newborn so she can create a screen saver.
19. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
20. Every commercial on television has a web-site address at the bottom of the screen.
21. You buy a computer and a week later it is out of date and now sells for half the price you paid.
22. The concept of using real money, instead of credit or debit, to make a purchase is foreign to you.
23. Cleaning up the dining room means getting the fast food bags out of the back seat of your car.
24. You consider second-day air delivery painfully slow.
25. Your dining room table is now your flat filing cabinet.
Sam brought a ring on our first date, telling me I didn't have to take it yet; I could just let him know when I was ready.
Daily Scripture: Psalm 32:8
posted by PrayablesSpiritually Health Get rid of what enslaves you. Find spiritual health and well-being by discovering personal freedom. Don't be defeated by your life circumstances. Here's how to change your life for good. Inspired by Rabbi Karyn Kedar's new book, "Omer: A Counting" Written by Susan Diamond, ...
Previous Posts: You Can Have A Better Marriage | Living Life Outside the Box
Today's Spiritual Quote
Today's Spiritual Quote
Michael accepts it as fact that humanity has taken possession of its own intelligence, either for good or for purposes of hindrance. It is after all through the sense of free thinking that our world progresses, or retrogrades. Michael would have humanity exercise this intelligence and freedom with a sense of profound responsibility toward the Universe and toward the heavenly powers.
-K. Martin-Kurimore quotes