American Muslims React
Sorrow, fear, and anger
In response to the criminal attacks against targets in New York City and Washington, DC, the Muslim Public Affairs Council issued the following statement:
1) We feel that our country, the United States, is under attack.
2) All Americans should stand together to bring the perpetrators to justice.
3) We warn against any generalizations that will only serve to help the criminals and incriminate the innocent.
4) We offer our resources and resolve to help the victims of these intolerable acts, and we pray to God to protect and bless America.
Advisory to American Muslims
In this time of crisis, MPAC advises responsible leaders of the Muslim communities throughout America to take the following precautions:
1) Report any suspicious behavior and threats to law enforcement.
2) Act vigilantly in protecting Muslim schools and mosques.
3) Channel all official statements through legitimate, authorized spokespeople.
4) Prepare to offer humanitarian and emotional support to victims of the terrorist attacks and hate crimes.
For more support, contact MPAC at the following locations:
Washington, DC: 202 879 6726
Los Angeles: 213 383 3443