Shrimp and Feta Cheese Sauce with Pasta
New new way to prepare shrimp pasta
From, "Traditions," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- 1-1/4 pounds Feta cheese, rinsed, patted dry and crumbled
- 4 to 6 whole green onions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced oregano (2-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 4 to 5 tomatoes, peeled, cored, seeded and chopped
- 10 to 12 pitted black olives, sliced or chopped
- Salt to taste (be careful as Feta cheese is salty)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 10 ounce package pasta
In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, cheese, onions, oregano, tomatoes, olives and salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour. Cook pasta until just done. Drain but do not rinse. Add pasta to the shrimp mixture in the bowl and toss. Serve immediately.