Herb Stuffed Trout with Orange and Onion
A great way to kick off the week
From, "California Sizzles, Easy and Distinctive Recipes for a Vibrant Lifestyle," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 4 trout, cleaned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons each: minced fresh parsley, tarragon, chives
- and thyme or 1/2 teaspoon each, dried
- 4 thin onion slices, cut in half
- 4 thin orange slices, cut in half
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons cognac
- Juice of 1 orange
- Fresh herb sprigs for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Score each trout (slash diagonally) 3 times. Sprinkle trout lightly with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, combine herbs and use the mixture to stuff the slashes in the trout.
4. Place the trout side by side in a buttered shallow baking pan. Top each fish with 4 alternating half slices of onion and orange.
5. Mix butter, paprika, cognac and orange juice. Spoon over trout. Bake for 20-25 minutes until trout are lightly browned. Garnish with sprigs of the same herbs used to stuff trout.
NOTE: Worthy of the best of the day's catch.
More from Beliefnet