Family & Parenting Archive: EducationKIDS AND PRAYER
|VALUES AND EMOTIONS
|HOLIDAYS AND RITUALS
| Education |BIRTH AND MILESTONES
|DIVORCE AND SINGLE PARENTING
|FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
|BOOKS FOR PARENTS
|BOOKS AND OTHER MEDIA FOR CHILDREN
|BACK TO FAMILY ARCHIVE
What's Inside the Package?
Remember what really counts when applying to college.
By Jean Fitzpatrick
Whose Application Is It, Anyway?
A parent wonders if it's cheating to help her child with a college essay.
By Joseph Telushkin
Cheating the Kids
Test-fudging schools send the message that what really matters is whether you appear to learn.
By Gregg Easterbrook
Fifth graders in Colorado have taken on abolishing slavery in Sudan as their class project.
By Anne Morse
A school critic listens to the kids--and learns.
By Jonathan Kozol
Taking the Pledge
The Graduation Pledge Alliance has students vowing to remember ethical and social issues on the job.
- 10 Bad Habits Parents Need to Break
- The God Box: Wisdom from a Mother's Prayers
- Hands Free Mama: (A guide to putting down the phone, burning the to-do list and letting go of perfection to grasp what really matters)
- Talking to Your Children About Death
- How Can I Help My Children? Making a Safe, Healthy Environment For Your Kids